Building a 350-400 hp Redline - Page 4 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Saturn Sky Performance Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Saturn Sky Performance Discussion Internal Engine | External Engine | Suspension | Exhaust | Upgrades and Aftermarket

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #46 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
EFR is a amazing choice then. The best thing to do is look at what PWerks has to offer with their exceptionally made tubular manifold and the EFR of your choice. The response, thanks to that GammaTitanium wheel will be similar if not the same as stock.

As for the clutch, what I would do is get a service manual for the Sky in either paperback or PDF format. This will prepare you for installation of some of the parts you'll get in the spring and just overall make you knowledgable on your engine.

Hope to see the project come together. Keep us posted.
2007 Sky Redline: DDMWorks Charge Pipes & Intercooler, Solo Performance 3" Mach Shorty, ZZP S1 cams, Supertech Valve springs, BNR 2871, SPEC Stage 3+, Android "Torque" bluetooth RPD, HPT e47 tuned by TERM2. ???whp ???wtrq Dyno coming soon.

Last edited by 40rty; 11-04-2012 at 09:28 PM.
40rty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 10:50 PM   #47 (permalink)

Sadly I have no practical way to dyno my car as I live in a sort of ghost town in rural Nevada. Dave at Werks is estimating my wheel torque in the 380-90 range based on the scan logs I feed him, and the similar installs on cars he has dynoed at his place. I am in to the project at just under 4K, but I sort of feel that you get what you pay for, so that leading edge EFR is worth it to me. I am an old fart, and having to re-learn cars from the "old school" type of thinking, but all the leading edge technology on the LNF engine made me buy the Sky. Now that same lure of leading edge technology in the EFR drew me in again.

I bought the raw kit just before the EFR's dried up, and the only exhaust manifold available was Dave's in house welded up tube manifold. Now he offers at a slightly higher price, a fantastic one made up from a stainless manifold company which flows better and probably will never crack as so many of the welded up ones do. I would definitely spring for that one.

I have worried about my stock clutch from the start, but never do a hard shift nor a hard launch, so it is holding up just fine for now. I recognize that I may have to do a Spec over time. I do dream of also building the engine with rods, pistons, and valve train so I can push the EFR closer to it's abilities, but for now am very-----I mean very happy with the performance.
lesderk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:05 AM   #48 (permalink)

New Product - WERKSracing WR-2 LNF Bolt On 450hp Turbocharger!!! - Pontiac Solstice Forum

youre welcome.
Self Tuned With HPTuners|Solo Street Race Exhaust Magnaflow Mufflers|Solo Catless DP|GMR 8K HIDs|Parking Light Leds|License Plate Leds|Little Chromies|3rd Brake Light Vinyl:REDLINE|GMR Pulsating and Sequential Taillights|
|V3nom| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #49 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)
Here are some pics of a recent clutch swap to give you an idea of what gets removed to do it on a 2008+ model.

First of all, here is the pressure plate and flywheel. I wish I had taken a picture of how thick the Aluminum Spec flywheel is.

Parts that were removed.
Both rear wheels,
the entire cat back,
the Torque arm,
the rear diff[Was cleaned up and had a full fluid change]
DDM Extreme backbone
2 shields from under the transmission
All of the above was to get out the driveshaft.

Finally ready to take out the transmission

Removal of the transmission that also shows the old clutch.
[Dave was removing the line that connects to the master cylinder]

Picture of Spec Clutch installed and getting ready to raise up the transmission again
Great shot of the shifter components

Raising the Transmission. [The hanging item is the O2 Sensor and extender]

To those who have done this on jack stands in your own garage, I am amazed.

I'm not short, I'm concentrated AWESOME
Elff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #50 (permalink)

Great pics!!!
2007 Sky Redline: DDMWorks Charge Pipes & Intercooler, Solo Performance 3" Mach Shorty, ZZP S1 cams, Supertech Valve springs, BNR 2871, SPEC Stage 3+, Android "Torque" bluetooth RPD, HPT e47 tuned by TERM2. ???whp ???wtrq Dyno coming soon.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #51 (permalink)

I probably should add them to the What did you do thread.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #52 (permalink)

Do it!!!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #53 (permalink)

Done

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Saturn Sky Performance Discussion