Potential Injector Upgrade - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Saturn Sky Performance Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Saturn Sky Performance Discussion Internal Engine | External Engine | Suspension | Exhaust | Upgrades and Aftermarket

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 06:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Potential Injector Upgrade

Hey everyone,

I'm a potential redline buyer pretty soon, and believe me I've been researching a LOT about what these guys can do, what power they can attain, and their limits because of DI/injectors and all of that.

I'm aware that no one makes an aftermarket DI injector to replace the stock Bosch unit, so the 5th injector (or Lipstick's custom port injection) is the best way to add more fuel.

In terms of a replacement injector, I figured I'd search like crazy through Bosch's parts list to find injectors that may work and I stumbled across these:

http://www.bosch-motorsport.de/en-US...2776067211.pdf

They look to be the same size physically as ours so they should fit, operate at the same PSI (1450, 100 bar) but looking at the flow at 308-1026 g/min vs the stock 20cc/min, what would that equate to? I'm pretty sure that'd be a good amount more because of the density of gas (.6775 g per cc)
So unless my math is way off (which it probably is, its 5 am here and ive been awake looking this stuff up lol) these flow up to 1500 cc/min
Or if the stock ones are actually in lb/hr, they flow 210 cc/min so that'd be more believable I guess.

Anyone have thoughts on this?
Tech_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 02:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

any ideas on this guys?
Old 11-27-2012, 04:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

i tried google and the best i could find is that cc/min = g/min.

where did you find that stock flows 20cc/min at 100bar? that website shows that injector flows 1500 cm3/min (the same as cc/min) at 100bar.

upgraded injectors would be a plus for a bigger turbo guys although the 5th injector does help with cleaning the valves.
GM Stage 1 Tune|Solo Street Race Exhaust With Magnaflow Mufflers|GMR 8K HIDs|Parking Light Leds|License Plate Leds|Little Chromies|3rd Brake Light Vinyl:REDLINE|GMR Pulsating and Sequential Taillights|
|V3nom| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

once the C7 is released, the aftermarket will be more motivated to make larger DI injectors. Until then, keep waiting and saving your pennies.

I am sure whatever aftermarket DI injector comes out will not be cheap!
miller11386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by |V3nom| View Post
i tried google and the best i could find is that cc/min = g/min.

where did you find that stock flows 20cc/min at 100bar? that website shows that injector flows 1500 cm3/min (the same as cc/min) at 100bar.

upgraded injectors would be a plus for a bigger turbo guys although the 5th injector does help with cleaning the valves.
A Couple places from a couple people, can't nail down an exact part number though:

LNF injector flow rate

LNF Injectors - Cobalt SS Network

see the second post on each thread there, 100 bar = 1450 PSI

And yeah once the C7's LT1 engine gets released there'll be bigger injectors, i was just wondering if there's anything readily possible
Old 11-29-2012, 08:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_God View Post
And yeah once the C7's LT1 engine gets released there'll be bigger injectors, i was just wondering if there's anything readily possible
Nothing now. C7 will be released at the detroit auto show Jan 13th 2013.

Look for aftermarket injectors about a year or so after they start hitting the market in the summer. so maybe by 2015 you will have an option for a higher flowing HPFP

(the injectors are not the bottle neck for fuel FYI)
Old 11-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to RedSkyWV
I'd imagine the OEM C7 injectors will flow lower than ours anyway? 8 injectors making maybe 550HP (??) with a little headroom requires about the same flow as 4 injectors making 260HP with what we've found to actually be a ton of headroom.
RedSkyWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSkyWV View Post
I'd imagine the OEM C7 injectors will flow lower than ours anyway? 8 injectors making maybe 550HP (??) with a little headroom requires about the same flow as 4 injectors making 260HP with what we've found to actually be a ton of headroom.
Honestly it would not surprise me if the injectors are the same for the C7 as the kappa. I am curious how the solve the hpfp issue. I am guessing by using a larger pump they will get more fuel volume at 100 bar. If you look at the cam, there is a 3 sided lobe on the back that is most likely to power the hpfp...

What the C7 will do is spur the aftermarket to get a higher volume fuel solution to the market. Which may be applicable to the kappa as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Saturn Sky Performance Discussion