Service Recommended Injector Cleaning: BS or not? - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Saturn Sky Performance Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Saturn Sky Performance Discussion Internal Engine | External Engine | Suspension | Exhaust | Upgrades and Aftermarket

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #16 (permalink)

My Photos: (10)
I read about injector cleaner post in this forum and solstice forum previous days.
Now I use GA-01. LNF system is direct injector, so I do not care about injector, I care about deposit will adhere on cylinder valves and cylinder head.
FX, TPI or TBI system injected gas to intake then mixing gas through intake to intake valves. that mean gas wash valve , port, intake line etc.
On the other hand, direct injector inject gas to cylinder directly, this gas cannot wash anywhere.
Moreover "revive" will occur and deposit back to valves when plugs was ignited gas.
If you had experience oil change your self, you can see so dirty oil. why?
Because of the high dependence on oil wash direct injector.

This is bad google translate from wikipedia.
Quote:
Deposition of the soot in a combustion chamber
Compared with a port injection type engine, in a cylinder, gasoline burns and dregs accumulate in many cases.
When it is easy to generate soot in the super-lean burn exceeding 40:1 and the soot adheres to an injector nozzle, it is the main causes that proper fuel injection becomes impossible.
Furthermore, compared with a port injection type, control of fuel injection is severe, and if fuel oil consumption is out of order, the vicious circle of becoming further easy to generate soot will occur.
Deposition of the soot in an air intake system
the combustion gas by the side of an air intake -- blowing (it mainly generates at the time of overlap) -- carbon accumulates between manifold ? air intake valves.
with the usual port injection engine, it is based on overlap -- blowing -- etc. -- the injected fuel flushes carbon deposited between manifold ? air intake valves, and it inhales together with fuel-air mixture, and burns.
However, since the air intake valve of a direct-injection engine passes only along air, it does not have fundamentally that the dirt which adhered from the manifold before the valve comes off.
Although the detergent action between the air intake manifold ? valves stated with a fuel additive or high-octane gasoline is also a direct-injection engine therefore, it is meaningless.
For this reason, it is easier to deposit carbon on an air intake system, carbon adheres to the valve for whirlpool generation, a valve breaks down, since a required whirlpool does not occur, fuel is not well mixed with air, but abnormal combustion is caused or there is also an example which a spark plug smolders and falls into an engine malfunction.
Moreover, a hit of a valve and a valve seat worsens and the trouble which occurs by combustion chambers, such as an extreme power down, not being sealed may also arise.
Aggravation of combustion stability
If soot adheres in a combustion chamber, the evaporation speed of fuel will be out of order.
It is the bottom of black smoke unstable [ an engine failure and an idling ] as main condition, and unusual, an unstable engine sound, the fall of an output, and the wrong of fuel consumption, etc.
Although it decreased with a new style engine that those condition appears by optimization of a combustion chamber configuration, improvement of an injector, the advancement of feedback control, etc. with the piston top, a question still remains in durability, reliability, and maintenance nature rather.
For example, even if it has adopted direct injection in the model, there are usually an example which serves as port injection by the vehicles (police vehicles etc.) of the special use, and an example from which model て which has adopted direct injection in Japan also serves as port injection for overseas.
It seems that such a change is mainly made on maintenance nature and the emission gas standard of the destination.
Maintenance nature
Furthermore, it is better to shorten an oil change cycle compared with a port injection type, since a part of this soot remains in a combustion chamber, they are collected by engine oil and oil dirt is intense.
since there was actually no addition of a detergent additive (soot etc. are microatomized) those days in which the GDI engine appeared as the present oil, this amount of combination was mainly increased -- "-- the so-called oil " only for a GDI engine was used as pure oil for GDI vehicles of Mitsubishi.
The poor business performance in which the scandal of this problem and Mitsubishi originates became the cause of making the project which uses GDI as the prime engine suffering a setback.
In the oil (more than SJ) of the standard generally sold now, even if it uses which oil, it is almost satisfactory, but there is no change in it being better to shorten an oil change cycle slightly too.
OPEL GT dual horn
Gordon shamway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 12:49 AM   #17 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS Stage 1 View Post
Rob: Please PM me his number. I might give him a call next week, just out of curiosity.
Will do. It's on my laptop
Old 01-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #18 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS Stage 1 View Post
Or is this just a local service department trying to drum up work?

Thanks for the help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOC View Post
I think we have a winner up above in boldface.
+2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomatoSoup View Post
You GOTTA be kidding! If they are doing a fuel injector clean, that means they are just dumping cleaner into the fuel tank... and charging you $76+$15 for all that 'effort'! Even the $53 for the cleaner is hugely overpriced. There's no other way of cleaning the injectors without removing them (and that would cost a bunch more than this).

Just DIY if you want to do this, see the thread over on the Sol Forum... Intake sludge - Pontiac Solstice Forum
In a word, NO you don't need it, it IS away for them to make money. (and you waste yours). When they wanted to do this procedure on my car they mentioned some nonsense about cleaning the intake and then "toss a can of Wynns gas treatment into the gas tank". I asked specifically what is involved and my SA was always truthful to me.. He said it is something he was TOLD by the service manager to recommend to customers (mandatory)... I of course refused... I can always buy a can of wynns and dump it into the tank myself for few dollars.. Personally, I haven't used ANY fuel additives in my sky from day one. I DO use top tier gas only, and its laden with up tp 10% alcohol, another "cleaner" (even tho many think that is hogwash also).. My advise? kindly tell your service adviser thanks but no thanks on that,,,

Last edited by MidniteBlues; 01-05-2013 at 10:30 AM.
MidniteBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Saturn Sky Performance Discussion