Is there a New GMPP tune? - Page 3 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Performance Discussion Internal Engine | External Engine | Suspension | Exhaust | Upgrades and Aftermarket

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 05:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
your cat eff codes will never complete. And basically all you are doing is telling the ECM to ignore the code when it is thrown. As long as you do not need to pass emissions, there should be no harmful effects.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elff View Post
If your state doesn't care, you can also turn off P0420 in your tune.

Turns out, In PA I can have 1 readiness code not complete and still pass emissions.
If I had known that, I would have skipped the extender.

FYI- With the GM LNF upgrade, or GMPP tune, the learn down is removed. So adding the Hi-Flow Cat will net you 20-30 additional RWHP.
Elff - does this hold true for the Trifecta tune as well?

Mine - '08 Brazen GXP. Trifecta tune, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone and brace, rear Z0K sway bar, Eiback springs, debadged, 19" wheels.

Hers - '08 Bluestone Redline. GMPP tune, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone, debadged (mostly). FOR SALE
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Garage
It holds for all tunes.
The P0420 is a value in the computer. The tunes modify numerous values to increase performance. So this is just something you disable. Vince can do it.
Tell him you want the Cat Delete. Most GM tuners understand that means turn off P0420.

LUSIFER

I'm not short, I'm concentrated AWESOME
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elff View Post
It holds for all tunes.
The P0420 is a value in the computer. The tunes modify numerous values to increase performance. So this is just something you disable. Vince can do it.
Tell him you want the Cat Delete. Most GM tuners understand that means turn off P0420.
Actually, I was more interested in the additional horsepower! Does that hold true with the Trifecta tune? Would love an additional 25+ at the wheels. Our cars are registered in Florida so we skip the Nevada smog check BS.

Mine - '08 Brazen GXP. Trifecta tune, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone and brace, rear Z0K sway bar, Eiback springs, debadged, 19" wheels.

Hers - '08 Bluestone Redline. GMPP tune, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone, debadged (mostly). FOR SALE

Last edited by roadstersol; 02-05-2013 at 11:06 AM.
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Garage
Depends on the tune you received from Trifecta.
I am not sure if the budget tune would benefit. Not sure how he sets that up.

Im an Hp Tuners guy

LUSIFER

I'm not short, I'm concentrated AWESOME
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 02:59 PM

How Many Horses

Hey Everyone,

I have a 2007 Sky Redline, just purchased the Magnaflow 3.0 in catback, with a pop in K&N filter, with the GM turbo upgrade, does anyone know the horsepower gain with these additions.

Thanks

WLDracing
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 11:45 AM
Van

I have a question...Miller or to anyone... I have done after market upgrades. Done brakes upgrade to everything. But my question is has anyone got their car tuned? I have had mine tuned a few times. It's holding back pressure. And we can't get it to boost past 24psi. Anyone got advice. Would love it please.
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 12:21 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadstersol View Post
Our cars are registered in Florida so we skip the Nevada smog check BS.
Be carefull with that... NV (CA too) has rules about residents with out of state registrations. :/

NV (northern NV... Reno/Winnemucca) cops gave me all kinds of crap any time they stopped me about my out of state plates. Some crap about once you've lived in the state for 30 days, yadda yadda...

CA has similar rules (that even apply to military folks) and they are so assinine that they TOWED my father in law's car when parked on the street (it was only IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE, lol) for a few days with NV plates.

(Basically, we thought it was our pain in the ass neighbor (she always bitches about eyesores, etc). It was actually feedback from other neighborhoods complaining that the sweepers could never do their job. So, the sherrifs went around putting stickers on cars with the tow trucks coming along the next day. My wife never saw the sticker on the front window but she was IN OUR HOUSE when the car was towed! They never knocked or anything! Of course this crap happened when I was deployed. $$$ grabbing crap (had to pay tow fee and storage cause the stupid place closed early)

Be a part of the solution!
and
DFTT
--
In fond rememberance... We miss ya' Skip, but we'll never ferget ya! :)
--

Last edited by Nova-Exarch; 02-09-2013 at 01:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Saturn Sky Performance Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.