Is there a New GMPP tune? - Page 3 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Saturn Sky Performance Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Saturn Sky Performance Discussion Internal Engine | External Engine | Suspension | Exhaust | Upgrades and Aftermarket

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 05:57 PM   #31 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
your cat eff codes will never complete. And basically all you are doing is telling the ECM to ignore the code when it is thrown. As long as you do not need to pass emissions, there should be no harmful effects.
miller11386 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elff View Post
If your state doesn't care, you can also turn off P0420 in your tune.

Turns out, In PA I can have 1 readiness code not complete and still pass emissions.
If I had known that, I would have skipped the extender.

FYI- With the GM LNF upgrade, or GMPP tune, the learn down is removed. So adding the Hi-Flow Cat will net you 20-30 additional RWHP.
Elff - does this hold true for the Trifecta tune as well?

Hers - '08 Bluestone Redline. GMPP tune, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone, debadged (mostly). FOR SALE
roadstersol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #33 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)
It holds for all tunes.
The P0420 is a value in the computer. The tunes modify numerous values to increase performance. So this is just something you disable. Vince can do it.
Tell him you want the Cat Delete. Most GM tuners understand that means turn off P0420.

I'm not short, I'm concentrated AWESOME
Elff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elff View Post
It holds for all tunes.
The P0420 is a value in the computer. The tunes modify numerous values to increase performance. So this is just something you disable. Vince can do it.
Tell him you want the Cat Delete. Most GM tuners understand that means turn off P0420.
Actually, I was more interested in the additional horsepower! Does that hold true with the Trifecta tune? Would love an additional 25+ at the wheels. Our cars are registered in Florida so we skip the Nevada smog check BS.

Hers - '08 Bluestone Redline. GMPP tune, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone, debadged (mostly). FOR SALE

Last edited by roadstersol; 02-05-2013 at 11:06 AM.
roadstersol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #35 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)
Depends on the tune you received from Trifecta.
I am not sure if the budget tune would benefit. Not sure how he sets that up.

Im an Hp Tuners guy

I'm not short, I'm concentrated AWESOME
Elff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #36 (permalink)

How Many Horses

Hey Everyone,

I have a 2007 Sky Redline, just purchased the Magnaflow 3.0 in catback, with a pop in K&N filter, with the GM turbo upgrade, does anyone know the horsepower gain with these additions.

Thanks

WLDracing
yz400rcr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #37 (permalink)
Van

I have a question...Miller or to anyone... I have done after market upgrades. Done brakes upgrade to everything. But my question is has anyone got their car tuned? I have had mine tuned a few times. It's holding back pressure. And we can't get it to boost past 24psi. Anyone got advice. Would love it please.
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:21 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadstersol View Post
Our cars are registered in Florida so we skip the Nevada smog check BS.
Be carefull with that... NV (CA too) has rules about residents with out of state registrations. :/

NV (northern NV... Reno/Winnemucca) cops gave me all kinds of crap any time they stopped me about my out of state plates. Some crap about once you've lived in the state for 30 days, yadda yadda...

CA has similar rules (that even apply to military folks) and they are so assinine that they TOWED my father in law's car when parked on the street (it was only IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE, lol) for a few days with NV plates. :|

(Basically, we thought it was our pain in the ass neighbor (she always bitches about eyesores, etc). It was actually feedback from other neighborhoods complaining that the sweepers could never do their job. So, the sherrifs went around putting stickers on cars with the tow trucks coming along the next day. My wife never saw the sticker on the front window but she was IN OUR HOUSE when the car was towed! They never knocked or anything! Of course this crap happened when I was deployed. $$$ grabbing crap (had to pay tow fee and storage cause the stupid place closed early)

Last edited by Nova-Exarch; 02-09-2013 at 01:34 AM.
Nova-Exarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Saturn Sky Performance Discussion