Whats you guys best guess. - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Saturn Sky Performance Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Saturn Sky Performance Discussion Internal Engine | External Engine | Suspension | Exhaust | Upgrades and Aftermarket

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 04:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (38)
Whats you guys best guess.

Motor in my sky only has 28000 on it. DDM stage 3 supercharger Daves long tube headers and solo stainless exhaust.
Ramey where I have my vette tuned gave me a hell of a price on dropping a v8 in the sky. So I would have everything thats in the sky now for sale. Motor, supercharger exhaust and computer.
I bounce on and off over here, so don't know what things go for as good as you guys.
What would you say a turn key everything you need to have that stage three in someones car would be worth.
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
I'll start the bidding at $800.00.
carnut122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnut122 View Post
I'll start the bidding at $800.00.
O,, and all low bids will be subject to tax, tags, labor, owner fees and other restrictions may apply. LOL.............
Old 11-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

O, in that case $500.
SkyVue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)
Since the kit is used, I would start the selling price at 50% of the part price. If it is more expensive you run the risk of a potential buyer springing extra to simply get the parts new.

I'm not short, I'm concentrated AWESOME
Elff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elff View Post
Since the kit is used, I would start the selling price at 50% of the part price. If it is more expensive you run the risk of a potential buyer springing extra to simply get the parts new.
Thanks Elff.
Know things have slowed down a lot over here. Didn't even know if there was a market for the three or not. My figures, motor, blower and exhaust I was thinking about 5500 but you guys price parts and know who sells what on skyroadster so wanted to get a general idea.

Skyvue, I can tell,, you'd be a cheap date.................
Old 11-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Over on the Sol forum a while ago, Dave said that he would refurbish a kit and warranty it for the new buyer. Might be worth talking with Doctor Dave and see if he is in the market. He bought my motor as part of the swap.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2...cussion-42115/
Rob the Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:10 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Elder View Post
Over on the Sol forum a while ago, Dave said that he would refurbish a kit and warranty it for the new buyer. Might be worth talking with Doctor Dave and see if he is in the market. He bought my motor as part of the swap.
Thanks. I get my peterbilt work done in the shop thats about 400 yards from his shop, and stay at the new motel just on the other side of him about the same distance. I'll stop by next time i'm in there and ask. Rameybuilt is the shop that does all my tuning in Va Beach. Their into all the very high HP 4 and 6 cylinders, and don't do a whole lot v-8 stuff but don't mind doing it .... If any of you are interested, they quoted a price out of 2500 to do the swap on the motors.
Thats what got me to thinking about the swap. Shop that lightened my vette was thinking about it, thats when I contacted I think its werks and got a price on the v-8 motor kit but what was suppose to be a 3 to 4 week adventure turned out to be a 4 month ordeal. Decided not to do that at least with them.
If I can find someone to buy the motor, they will get me the motor I want so looking at around 5 grand after that... Thats where I'm going with selling the motor.
Hope your doing fine up there on those mountains and ready for winter.

Last edited by liveaboard74; 11-13-2012 at 05:12 AM.
liveaboard74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

As long as you don't mind delays and non-functioning items, go with your local shop. However know that they will run into bugs. Heck even the kappa swap pros still run into little hiccups here and there. It would have to be a substantial time/cost savings to do it with anyone but the supporting vendors IMO.

As far as the motor, if you look on car-part.com, you will see many LE5 motors with similar miles selling around the $1500 mark. Half of a new Stage 3 is $2650. So I would say that $4150 + shipping, fees, packaging etc would be a fair price.

Be sure to leave the motor in the car until someone buys it so they can test it if they wish. Or if you want to pull it, make sure you get a compression check and leakdown test on it and record the numbers. Videos never hurt either.

Hope that helps.
My Build Thead
Follow me on Instagram

miller11386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks miller.
Two more things are the long tube headers from DDM and the solo SS exhaust. Still kicks it up there about 5 or a little better. Not ever sure anyone would want it, just trying to get a idea what it all was worth in a turn key package.
Labor to take it out would be another issue. Those boys are good. Would not take them long but it would be another cost.
Just a idea I was rolling around in my head. Kinda wanted to be the first supercharged v8 sky and had started thinking into it but when I started looking Dave had already figured it out and was a month or so away from sending it back to the guy.
Just never seen that guy they sent to car to post much about it. Might have missed it.
Thanks guys..
LAter. ..........

Last edited by liveaboard74; 11-13-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Supporting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave@ddmworks
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveaboard74 View Post
Thanks miller.
Two more things are the long tube headers from DDM and the solo SS exhaust. Still kicks it up there about 5 or a little better. Not ever sure anyone would want it, just trying to get a idea what it all was worth in a turn key package.
Labor to take it out would be another issue. Those boys are good. Would not take them long but it would be another cost.
Just a idea I was rolling around in my head. Kinda wanted to be the first supercharged v8 sky and had started thinking into it but when I started looking Dave had already figured it out and was a month or so away from sending it back to the guy.
Just never seen that guy they sent to car to post much about it. Might have missed it.
Thanks guys..
LAter. ..........
Miller is pretty close on the total I would think. Used LE5 engines can be picked up for $600-700 pretty easily anymore. I would say $4500 for the setup would be a pretty fair deal for both parties.

What engine are you looking to have put in? LS3, LS3 hotcam?
Tech Support - 864-907-6004

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com
Stage 3 Supercharged 2.4L - 314whp - 93 octane
Rotrex Supercharged 2.4L - 340whp - 93 octane
2871 Hybrid turbo 2.0L - 371whp - 93 octane
Dave@ddmworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave@ddmworks View Post
Miller is pretty close on the total I would think. Used LE5 engines can be picked up for $600-700 pretty easily anymore. I would say $4500 for the setup would be a pretty fair deal for both parties.

What engine are you looking to have put in? LS3, LS3 hotcam?
Ls3 is what you guys already have the headers built for isn't it? Think that is what you put in that guys car that was supercharged.?

Last edited by liveaboard74; 11-14-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #13 (permalink)

im going to tell you, you are nuts if you think your "boys down the road" wont have any issues shoe-horning a LS3 in a sky.

Take it to DDM. they are right down the road from you, and will save you a headache. Plus they have a VERY clean looking install.

And being that you have some high hp toys, I would do yourself a favor, get a LS3 block built with a big cam and some head-work.

If you want to be original, go for a rear TT setup. A SC LS3 has already been done. The SC thing is so overdone its ridiculous.
My Build Thead
Follow me on Instagram

miller11386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Ls3 is what you guys already have the headers built for isn't it? Think that is what you put in that guys car that was supercharged.?
The supercharged LS3 coupe was done by Performance Autowerks in the Chicago area (unless you're talking another one I don't know about ).
2006 Solstice NA #000741
DaveOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Supporting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave@ddmworks
Quote:
The LS3 and LS3 hotcam can use the same headers. We did not do the superchargered LS that you are talking about with the hood modifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller11386 View Post

Take it to DDM. they are right down the road from you, and will save you a headache. Plus they have a VERY clean looking install.
We think our V8 installs look pretty clean also, thanks!

We are custom making the wiring harnesses inhouse now so that each one can be fitted to each car. Doing this has allowed us to tuck the wiring mostly all the way in the back of the engine bay by the firewall, which cleans up the engine bay a lot. Here is what the harnesses look like just before it gets wrapped, lots of wires:

We have also been able to start making custom heater lines that look just like OEM units to also keep the V8 installs we are doing looking OEM. This is what our heater lines look like when we are making them:

We also have come up with custom engine mounts that allow us to really drop the engine down in the engine bay and get a lot more clearance between the engine and the hood.

One of the other recent improvements that we have been working on for our installs is a complete Backbone replacement for our V8's. Here is a picture of it installed, it replaces the standard backbone with a longer piece that extends all the way forward to the transmission and also acts as the transmission mount, it really made a nice difference. You can also see the full custom driveshaft that we use in the picture made by the Driveshaft shop, good for 800hp.

Let me know if you want a quote on the V8 install, so far we have done several V8 conversions on customers with Stage 3 installs, so many now that we are thinking of just calling it Stage 4 . We have also been crediting the customers that have upgraded from our supercharger setups for their engine, transmission and supercharger kits towards the price of the V8 swap, which makes it easier for you instead of having to pay to have it removed and selling it yourself.

Hope that helps,
Dave
Tech Support - 864-907-6004

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com
Stage 3 Supercharged 2.4L - 314whp - 93 octane
Rotrex Supercharged 2.4L - 340whp - 93 octane
2871 Hybrid turbo 2.0L - 371whp - 93 octane

Last edited by Dave@ddmworks; 11-14-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Dave@ddmworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Saturn Sky Performance Discussion