Saturn Sky Forum banner

2017 NASSAM National Runs Are Ready

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  SKYUP58! 
#1 ·
If you are registered and paid you can now sign for scheduled runs. Just go to the registration site here NASSAM 2017 - June 18-24 2017 and pick your favorite.... :driving::driving::driving::driving:

#3 ·
The run sign-up page is working again. Please remember that, due to a lack of volunteer run leaders there is a 2-run limit per car for the week. As we add run leaders that limit should either go up or go away.

There is not currently a way to un-sign-up for a run, but Mark is working on it. Stay tuned.

#5 ·
Garmin maps will exist for all of the runs. It looks like your GPS will accept routes, so one of us will download them and show you how to access them.

Go to the Leaders tab of the website linked in my signature and pick the run or runs you want to lead. And thank you!

#8 ·
For some reason the software did not sign any of the run leaders up for the runs they are listed as leader for, but Mark is making that change. Tonight, I think.
When the change gets made the leaders will be bumped out of any conflicting runs that they have signed up for as participants.

#10 ·
Maps and Garmin data files will both be available about a month before the event (ie: mid-May) as soon as we finish pre-running everything.
I will have to check the map version. I know I am due for an update.

The website now gives everyone the ability to delete runs from their own schedule. Go to the Event Registration page and click REMOVE next to the run you don't want.

#13 ·
Mostly the leader, um leads. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

The runs are pre-mapped with routes that are relatively simple to follow while avoiding major traffic areas and staying on fun roads. The leader (and anyone else who wants it) will have a GPS route to load into his/her GPS, a paper map of the route, and a turn-by-turn instruction sheet. The goal is to follow the route without getting lost or losing anyone and get to the next destination on time (distillery tours only happen at specific times, so if you get behind you will miss out on one). The leader is also the one who gets people moving after stops, and who, with help from the sweeper, keeps the group together. Navigation is important, as is the ability to "follow the car behind you" to keep the group together.

#14 ·
I've never been to anything like this and don't have a GPS. Will do leader, sweeper, don't matter just want to come up from Ga. and join the fun and ride as much as possible, never been to Kentucky. Have not signed up for any ride yet. Was unable to last time I tried. I see some have been canceled are there any certain rides that I should sign up.

Let me know what kind of GPS system I would have to have. If it will keep us riding.

#15 ·
The maps are developed in Garmin's Basecamp so I know they will work in any Garmin that can accept routes. I am not aware of any runs being cancelled, but several of them are full. I am working on adding and rearranging runs to meet the demand.

What you should sign up for depends on what you enjoy. This part of Kentucky has a significant number of wineries and distilleries, so we have several runs that visit some of those. Much of the area is scenic, and all of the runs take advantage of that, but the Red River Gorge is especially nice, and the run includes driving through a very unique tunnel.

Unless you do plan to lead a run you don't have to have a GPS, so come on up and enjoy the party.

#16 ·
Thank you John

I will be there all week taking a vacation from work.. I'll get signed up later today for runs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.