User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
NASSAM 2017 - Lexington, KY

To proceed with planning for the proposed 2017 NASSAM in Lexington I have created a simple website that will have information about the event and a contact page with a questionnaire. I am trying to avoid cross-posting the same information on multiple forums, and I refuse to use Facebook, so this seemed like a reasonable idea. I guess we'll see how it works.

The website is temporary, and will be replaced by something official some time in the fall. That site will have all of the normal registration and sign-up options.

Right now the site has one of Judy's pretty pictures, a contact form, and a dot on a map showing the approximate center of the places we are talking to for the main event location. As we progress I will add information about the runs and other activities.

The website is here: https://kappasinkentucky.wordpress.com/home/

Please check it out and tell me if you have any problems. While you are there, fill out the contact form, and volunteer to help!

John
Lexington, KY
VIN 00252 2.4 Manual Midnight Blue
2008 Redline Manual Carbon Flash
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks John for stepping up. Glen says you will do a fantastic job. Anxious to see Kentucky again! I don't have any idea if I could be of help or not, but am willing to try to be.
post #3 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Glenn had better said that we would do a fantastic job .......

John
Lexington, KY

post #4 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

I have added some (preliminary) run information, mostly runs that we have been doing for years.
They will all be re-scouted, and some changes are likely to deal with changing conditions.

Most of the secondary roads around here are twisty, so finding "fun" isn't too difficult.

John
Lexington, KY
post #5 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 10:00 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWR View Post
Glenn had better said that we would do a fantastic job .......

Ah.... I am just your humble servant sir......
post #6 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Update on the 2017 National:

The registration fee for the event has been determined, but I am still looking into whether we can do more of it a la carte.

Room blocks have been arranged and two of the three hotels are available for booking, so make your plans and book your rooms.

I have posted a formal request for run leaders. Please note that if we don't have leaders, we won't have runs.

The event registration website is still under construction, and I am projecting October for you to be able to use it.

For more information use the link in my signature to go to the website.

John
Lexington, KY
post #7 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Sounds great! Room booked

Joe

FLASHED

2008 Red Line Carbon Flash SE Naked!
post #8 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

There was a problem with the reservations that I think I have corrected.
I inserted the Sheraton's reservation link incorrectly and it was sending people to a booking session that had already started.
I have changed it on the website, and put it here: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/book/NASSAM2017 also.

Please let me know if you try the new link and still have problems.

John
Lexington, KY
post #9 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
Maybe you could clear up a question or two for me John. I was unsure of if I had to contact you here on the forum, or by PM or through the webpage contact info section. I have all ready done that earlier.
My questions are this:

1) The Reg. fee is for the event & charity or for the hotel booking reservation? I understand the site will be updated later, I just unsure where the link was for the fee and to whom or what it goes to?

2) I did check the hotels links listed and have no problem with them. Is the May 18 2017 listed for the registration for the event date or the hotel booking reservations?

You can get back to me here or by PM or by email I listed on the site contact info form.

Thanks!

LAC
post #10 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Hi LAC, Here is probably the best place for questions that may have a universal interest, so here goes:

1) The event registration fee of $80 pays for the event materiel: Badges, Badge Holders, Directional Signs, Printed Schedules and Maps; the Thursday Night Banquet; and the Wednesday Night Barbeque. It also covers the costs of any meeting rooms that are not comp'ed to us for using a bunch of hotel rooms; a photographer to take the group car picture; and a security guard to watch over the cars every night.

The amount is based on estimated costs in some cases, and anything that doesn't get spent on the event will be donated to the charity. I'll be happy to show the balance sheet to any attendee who is interested, and may even display it during the banquet even though some final expenses won't hit until after everyone goes home.

The payment information for the registration fee will be in the event website that should go live sometime in October. The fee will be paid into an account that I have set up for the event.

2) The 18 May date is actually three things:

A) It is the last day you can book a room in one of the blocks and still get the reduced rate.
B) It is the last day that you can register (and pay) for the event without paying a late registration fee, and
C) It is the day you can cancel your registration for the event and still get your $80 refunded to you.

I hope this answers your questions. Please feel free to ask about anything else that concerns you.

John
Lexington, KY
post #11 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

There is apparently a problem with the block at the Fairfield. I will check on it tomorrow.

John
Lexington, KY
post #12 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
There is apparently a problem with the block at the Fairfield. I will check on it tomorrow.
I'm a Marriott Rewards member. Will that rate include rewards points? There was a problem with that at Springdale for IHG Rewards members.

07 Sky
2.4L NA
5 speed
Limited slip differential
Chrome wheels
Premium trim package
Monsoon audio
AM/FM/XM/CD changer
post #13 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

I have been told that it will, and will confirm that tomorrow. If you have, or hear of, any problems please let me know about them.

Both blocks (Sheraton and Fairfield) should work with their respective rewards programs. Also: Neither block has any attrition clause, so if you can get a better rate on your own, I have no problem with you using that instead of our block. There will be a check-box on the registration form asking where you are staying, and whether you used the block, but it will be for informational purposes only so that we can understand, and let the hotels know, where our people stayed.

John
Lexington, KY
post #14 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 12:17 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Cool

Quote:
Both blocks (Sheraton and Fairfield) should work with their respective rewards programs. Also: Neither block has any attrition clause, so if you can get a better rate on your own, I have no problem with you using that instead of our block. There will be a check-box on the registration form asking where you are staying, and whether you used the block, but it will be for informational purposes only so that we can understand, and let the hotels know, where our people stayed.
This is good to know. I've been involved with events where if the block wasn't used up, the event would "suffer," so I booked through the group block even though I was hoping to use Starpoints.

I'll be keeping an eye on the details--thanks very much for making this happen--after 10 years of longing I finally got my first Sky last month and am getting psychologically prepared for the drive from San Jose, California next summer (longest drive for me since I came here from Indiana 20 years ago!).
post #15 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 02:46 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
is there an active linky/thingee for Fairfield yet?

Running full throttle SOLO (SQR-2)

Some people grow old before their time...I choose to die before I grow old
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > National Events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.