User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Garage
I just reserved hotel and filled out reservation for event. So I am committed. BUT...where do I sign up for the Runs and are we still restricted to2 runs and do you still need leaders. BUT it might be the blind leading the blind because I dont know the area.

Jim Isbell....2008 Sky Redline

"I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees" Gen Emiliano Zapata
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Log in to the Event Registration page and you will see RUN REGISTRATION in the middle of the color band right below the picture. Clicking on it will take you to the Run Registration page. The runs are grouped by type, with the scheduled runs then listed by day. If a run has space available, the right column will have SIGN UP in it. Click that to sign up for the run. There is no longer a limit on run sign-ups. To remove yourself from a run, return to your Event Registration page by clicking EVENT REGISTRATION in the color bar. Your runs are listed by day near the bottom with [REMOVE] at the right. Click that to remove yourself from that run.

Yes, we still need leaders. If you see a run that you like that doesn't have a leader, or if there is a run you want on a day it isn't available, let me know and I will look at adding it. We have GPS maps available for those with GPS that can accept routes, and printed maps with turn-by-turn directions both to back up the GPS and for those without GPS that have a navigator.

John
Lexington, KY
VIN 00252 2.4 Manual Midnight Blue
2008 Redline Manual Carbon Flash

Information about the 2017 NASSAM: https://kappasinkentucky.wordpress.com/home/
post #63 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Garage
What's the latest on the horse farm tour?

07 Sky
2.4L NA
5 speed
Limited slip differential
Chrome wheels
Premium trim package
Monsoon audio
AM/FM/XM/CD changer

post #64 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

I will be adding runs this week that will include a visit to Old Friends Farm Welcome to Old Friends Equine - A Retirement Home for Thoroughbred Race Horses Old Friends Equine where there a several retired race horses. It is quite an interesting tour, and visiting it helps a worthy cause. Arrangements are not yet complete for the visit to a working farm to see the foals, but that will be added to the same tour when it gets worked out.

For a non-driving tour, Glenn is making arrangements with a van tour operator that conducts a three-hour tour of the bigger name farms that it is impossible to see otherwise.

As a third alternative, the Kentucky Horse Park is very close and has a number of activities: https://kyhorsepark.com/visit/park-i...ts-and-pricing If there is enough interest we can add scheduling to make it a group run.
Rusty Boltz likes this.

John
Lexington, KY

post #65 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-06-2017, 10:45 PM

Garage
OK, I am registered and signed up for tours But I now have two questions.

1) When a run says"$10" for tours is that $10 for EACH tour, in other words $30 for the day? I assume that is the amount per person, not per car. So two people in one car is either $10, or $20, or $60 ??

2) I misunderstood the question "Forum Name" and thought it meant the forum from which I came, but now think it is referring to my Username on the forum. But I cannot change it on my registration because there is no edit function. What do it do now.

post #66 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

1) Read the tour descriptions on the Run Registration Page (NASSAM 2017 - June 18-24 2017) as they are more detailed. In short, the amounts listed are per person per tour. You do have the option of sitting out the tours if you just want to do the driving. Most of the distilleries have a rather nice place you can sit and relax, and at the wineries you can stay with the group but just not join in the tasting. It can get a bit expensive, but the charges are from the venue and there isn't anything we can do about it.
2) I will make a note about your name, and put it on the list for this week's website maintenance.

John
Lexington, KY

post #67 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 03:15 PM

Garage
I wasnt concerned about the cost which seems quite reasonable. I just wanted to set up my budget. Thanks.

post #68 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
A reminder that we are sending in our merchandise order soon so if you are interested in the hats, shirts, or logo patches we would like to make sure we have enough time for the shop to get those done in time. I will be having a coupe hat soon and I will post that info here then.

All of these items can be ordered even if you are not attending the event. It will require a shipping cost. If you need more info on that contact me here via pm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blue hat.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	91777   Click image for larger version

Name:	shirt.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	91785   Click image for larger version

Name:	grey hat.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	91793   Click image for larger version

Name:	patch.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	91801  
44thSKY likes this.

Registration 2017 NASSAM here: http://66.132.1.27/reglist.asp
post #69 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 44thSKY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier GXP View Post
All of these items can be ordered even if you are not attending the event. It will require a shipping cost. If you need more info on that contact me here via pm.
Hoosier, that is a great idea of offering the promotion items to those of us who won't be able to attend.

Would it be possible to offer a schedule of individual items that included the shipping cost as some kind of an average (in order to cover NASSAM 2017 costs) ....including some 'combined items' shipping cost?

Interest might be more prevalent in points of the western US, thus average shipping costs could be computed on that basis. A schedule with cutoff order date would allow you to potentially order more items. Knowing before hand how much I'm spending, always makes me spend MORE! And it is possible the approach would make it easier to manage for NASSAM 2017 organizers. Hopefully.

I'll offer my ZIP code 85268 for computation estimates. I'm thinking/hoping the approach could be easier for you to manage verses a host of individual email questions coming.

Just an idea.
post #70 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44thSKY View Post
Hoosier, that is a great idea of offering the promotion items to those of us who won't be able to attend.

Would it be possible to offer a schedule of individual items that included the shipping cost as some kind of an average (in order to cover NASSAM 2017 costs) ....including some 'combined items' shipping cost?

Interest might be more prevalent in points of the western US, thus average shipping costs could be computed on that basis. A schedule with cutoff order date would allow you to potentially order more items. Knowing before hand how much I'm spending, always makes me spend MORE! And it is possible the approach would make it easier to manage for NASSAM 2017 organizers. Hopefully.

I'll offer my ZIP code 85268 for computation estimates. I'm thinking/hoping the approach could be easier for you to manage verses a host of individual email questions coming.

Just an idea.
Great idea.

Here is what we are offering. If you are not coming to the event and you want any of the merchandise the shipping would be via USPS and using there flat rate boxes. The largest box is 12 1/4" x 12 1/4" x 6" and cost $16.35 the amount would be smaller if it would fit in there smaller boxes.

Men's Shirts
Men's Sizes K500 style
X Small 32" to 34" $25.00 X Large 44" to 46" $25.00
Small 35" to 37" $25.00 2X Large 47" to 49" $27.00
Medium 38" to 40" $25.00 3X Large 50" to 53" $27.00
Large 41" to 43" $25.00

Colors can be found here Port Authority - Product Details - Mens/Adult - K500

Ladies Shirts are here
Women's Sizes L500
X Small 2 32" to 34" $25.00 X Large 16/18 42" to 44" $25.00
Small 4/6 35" to 36" $25.00 2X Large 20/22 45" to 47" $27.00
Medium 8/10 37" to 38" $25.00 3X Large 24/26 48" to 51" $27.00
Large 16/18 39" to 41" $25.00

The colors can be found here:
Port Authority - Product Details - Ladies - L500

The hats are here:

NASSAM 2017 - Twill Hats (One Size 7-1/2 Max.) - $20.00 These have the Velcro adjustable band.

NASSAM 2017 - Mesh Hats - $25.00 These will need to be ordered in S\M - 6 7/8 -7 1/2 M\L 7 1/8 - 7 1/2 l\XL 7 3/8 - 7 3/4

Patches are $8 your choice of thread on a white background.

post #71 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 08:46 PM

We now have a horse farm tour that will run Monday through Friday.

Here is the description:

This is a fairly short run that will start with a visit to Crestwood Farm's broodmare barn for an introduction to several of this year's foals. June is at the end of foaling season and you will get to see foals from each of the preceding months so that you can see how they mature in their early life. The run will then travel through horse country to Old Friend's Farm where you will take a walking tour of a Thoroughbred Horse Retirement community. It will conclude after a visit for lunch at Sam's Truck Stop, an iconic local eatery. Cost for the farm tours is $10 per person for each farm.

post #72 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 44thSKY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier GXP View Post
If you need more info on that contact me here via pm.
Hoosier, do you still want to receive the orders to you on PM? OR, do you want to list some central email address at the office? We really don't know how much activity this could generate. Just a thought.

I do use PayPal as many probably do, and that might be a good way to handle payments .... ???? to a NASSAM2017 address. OR, payments via the event app incorporating the orders into the website ???? (understandably that might be bit of a project to do). Is this an idea getting out of control?
post #73 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 10:23 PM

Hey I forgot one other item we have for sale. We sent out nearly 5000 post cards, and these are large cards 11x6 inches, to people in a 350 miles radius of Lexington Ky inviting them to the 2017 NASSAM event. We have several left over and if you are interested in one you can purchase them at the event for $1 or we can mail them to you for a $2 charge ( we will obviously need your address) or we can put one in a envelope and send it to you for $5
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Post Card.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	91826  

post #74 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44thSKY View Post
Hoosier, do you still want to receive the orders to you on PM? OR, do you want to list some central email address at the office? We really don't know how much activity this could generate. Just a thought.

I do use PayPal as many probably do, and that might be a good way to handle payments .... ???? to a NASSAM2017 address. OR, payments via the event app incorporating the orders into the website ???? (understandably that might be bit of a project to do). Is this an idea getting out of control?

Talked to John and we decided to have you send your order in to the event address NASSAM.KY@gmail.com
Add a note saying this will be a shipped order.

He will then send you a invoice for PayPal that way if everyone doesn't have PayPal they can still pay with a credit card.

post #75 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:06 AM

We now have the problem with some of the posted runs fixed. If you wanted a particular run and it was not available before you may want to go back and check it may now be available. Plus we have added some additional runs on days that were previously full.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > National Events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.