Saturn Sky Forum banner

can't go to NASSM 2013?

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  donsredcar 
#1 ·
Got an idea I want to throw out to everyone, June 2013 is the NASSM in Flagstaff AZ and like me I'm not sure I'm going due to distance and time. I was thinking for all those who don't want to make that long trip from the southeast would you be interested in putting together a 3 or 4 day ride maybe like the Blue Ridge Parkway up and back. Let me know if this sounds interesting. we can find things to do along the way maybe. My wife and I have always wanted to drive the Parkway from start to finish love to have company.

#2 · (Edited)
I don't want to rain on your cloud..but I will kidnap part of this thread...It is time for a Mecca 1V....and of course it would be in Delaware...It is a large undertaking and the only one who can pull this off is JustMike and his gang of renegades...What about that idea...sorry for the kidnap (not):hijack:

The hotel is waiting for us..and we know where to eat and we have the run already planned. It is just executing this plan. And we must cross post this thread.

Just raising the flag now...any saluters?

#3 ·
I don't want to rain on your cloud..but I will kidnap part of this thread...It is time for a Mecca 1V....and of course it would be in Delaware...It is a large undertaking and the only one who can pull this off is JustMike and his gang of renegades...What about that idea...sorry for the kidnap (not):hijack:

The hotel is waiting for us..and we know where to eat and we have the run already planned. It is just executing this plan. And we must cros post this thread.

Just raising the flag now...any saluters?
What ever happened to the talk of having NASSM2014 in the PA/NY area? I would be interested in that.

#13 · (Edited)
:willy:The Blue Ridge Parkway Ride 2013
Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky
Can’t make NASSM 2013
June 20th – 22nd :brentil:
We will be staying at Quality Inn and Suites Sweetwater TN 37874 $80 on 6/19
And in morning we will be heading over the Tail of the Dragon:willy:
Leaving Hotel between 10 a.m. and 10:30 p.m.
Proceeding to Asheville NC to Quality Inn & Suites 1430 Tunnel Road Asheville, NC 28805 about 200 miles to Asheville where we will find somewhere to eat and hang out for the evening, then on the 21st we head out from hotel around 10:30 a.m. We will then travel approximately 190 miles to Best Western 125 Plaza Lane Mount Airy, NC 27030 $75
Then on the 22nd we will finish the ride leaving hotel at 10:30 a.m. traveling around 240 miles to Waynesboro VA where I will decide on Hotel in near:nopity: future. Sunday 3/23 see you later we got along ride home.

This is just a guideline right now and as always weather may close certain parts of Blue Ridge Pkwy.:cheers:

Now if you’re interested let me know , I will be purchasing a permit if needed to ride in a group on the Parkway. Hotels are not set in stone if time allows each day we can push on further. At the end of Blue Ridge lies the Skyline Dr which we could do depending on time.:banghead:

My email is donsredcar@yahoo.com if you need to contact me. As it gets closer i will email my phone number so we all can stay in touch, texting .

#15 ·
I have contacted the folks at the Blue Ridge Parkway to get a permit for our ride and they said we are not doing any permits this year.Also mentioned that a large group riding down the BRP could draw attention from a Ranger. He recomended that we travel in small groups of 4 maybe. I asked if we do that and we come up on a scenic overlook and the groups all pile in there would that be ok? No that may draw some attention from Rangers.He also mentioned that it can't look as if it was a planned event, thats why keep it in small groups. I don't know how many cars we are going to have yet but looking on here and on Facebook at the interest showed I'd say 8 - 10 cars right now. My wife and I are still going to take this ride and if anyone is still interested we can still do this in small groups and meet up off the Parkway at pre determined lunch spots or gas stations whatever, Maybe each group can have a leader who will stay in touch with other groups. Any thoughts? I do believe that we are not the only group ever to ride on BRP so lets do this

#17 ·
In the past, we just DO it. Heck, I've seen half a mile long train of Mopars headed the other way once. I don't know how the Rangers are on the northern sections though. I'd love to get up that way... what would happen if the rangers do spot a group of cars driving together. It's public land, NO?

#16 ·
We have done Skyline Drive for the last 6 years and have had as many as 50 cars in our group. We have never had any problems with group photos or the rangers. In fact the ranger came over to check out our cars. I don't know much about the Blue Ridge Parkway and never heard of getting a permit to run it. Is this something new? I hope we can all run together.

Hope to see you all soon

SKYJACK ( JACK AND PAULINE )

#19 ·
Hi all, Sorry it's been a while since I've been on here but I was trying ti figure out some personal matters that will be coming up in June and it looks like, I hate to say it but I have to bail on this trip. It just won't work for us. Again I'm sorry to get you all excited about this and it doesn't mean you all can't do it , I just won't be able to do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.