can't go to NASSM 2013? - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Southeast
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
can't go to NASSM 2013?

Got an idea I want to throw out to everyone, June 2013 is the NASSM in Flagstaff AZ and like me I'm not sure I'm going due to distance and time. I was thinking for all those who don't want to make that long trip from the southeast would you be interested in putting together a 3 or 4 day ride maybe like the Blue Ridge Parkway up and back. Let me know if this sounds interesting. we can find things to do along the way maybe. My wife and I have always wanted to drive the Parkway from start to finish love to have company.
donsredcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

My Photos: (13)
I don't want to rain on your cloud..but I will kidnap part of this thread...It is time for a Mecca 1V....and of course it would be in Delaware...It is a large undertaking and the only one who can pull this off is JustMike and his gang of renegades...What about that idea...sorry for the kidnap (not)

The hotel is waiting for us..and we know where to eat and we have the run already planned. It is just executing this plan. And we must cross post this thread.

Just raising the flag now...any saluters?

Last edited by marlboromike; 12-02-2012 at 04:53 PM.
marlboromike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
I don't want to rain on your cloud..but I will kidnap part of this thread...It is time for a Mecca 1V....and of course it would be in Delaware...It is a large undertaking and the only one who can pull this off is JustMike and his gang of renegades...What about that idea...sorry for the kidnap (not)

The hotel is waiting for us..and we know where to eat and we have the run already planned. It is just executing this plan. And we must cros post this thread.

What ever happened to the talk of having NASSM2014 in the PA/NY area? I would be interested in that.

07 Sky
2.4L NA
5 speed
Limited slip differential
Chrome wheels
Premium trim package
Monsoon audio
AM/FM/XM/CD changer
Windrestrictor V2
Rusty Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Boltz View Post
What ever happened to the talk of having NASSM2014 in the PA/NY area? I would be interested in that.
There was talk..but it was crazy talk...it was supposed to take place in 2 or three States...just insane. I don't know if this will happen. I am no longer in the organizer mode but maybe some other member can/would pick up the banner
Attached Thumbnails
can't go to NASSM 2013?-237.jpg  

Last edited by marlboromike; 12-02-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

ummm your not raining on anyones cloud omg this is a southeast thing . do you know where southeast usa is?
Old 12-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'd be interested. Not about to drive to Arizona.
rghoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:

The hotel is waiting for us..and we know where to eat and we have the run already planned. It is just executing this plan. And we must cross post this thread.

Mike,

If you want to do a Mecca IV, start your own thread, and leave this one alone, you old curmudgeon!

2006 Solstice NA #000741
DaveOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsredcar View Post
ummm your not raining on anyones cloud omg this is a southeast thing . do you know where southeast usa is?
Anywhere past the Mason-Dixon Line down I-95 South...and do you know where that line begins?
Old 12-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thumbs down

Nice MM

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama
MidniteBlues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsredcar View Post
I have been given AMNESTY and the go ahead...
Old 12-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

I'd be in for the Southern part of a Blue Ridge run.
carnut122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
I have been given AMNESTY and the go ahead...
Special circumstances
Attached Thumbnails
can't go to NASSM 2013?-1femaclosed.jpg  
SkyVue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #13 (permalink)

The Blue Ridge Parkway Ride 2013
Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky
Can’t make NASSM 2013
June 20th – 22nd
We will be staying at Quality Inn and Suites Sweetwater TN 37874 $80 on 6/19
And in morning we will be heading over the Tail of the Dragon
Leaving Hotel between 10 a.m. and 10:30 p.m.
Proceeding to Asheville NC to Quality Inn & Suites 1430 Tunnel Road Asheville, NC 28805 about 200 miles to Asheville where we will find somewhere to eat and hang out for the evening, then on the 21st we head out from hotel around 10:30 a.m. We will then travel approximately 190 miles to Best Western 125 Plaza Lane Mount Airy, NC 27030 $75
Then on the 22nd we will finish the ride leaving hotel at 10:30 a.m. traveling around 240 miles to Waynesboro VA where I will decide on Hotel in near future. Sunday 3/23 see you later we got along ride home.

This is just a guideline right now and as always weather may close certain parts of Blue Ridge Pkwy.

Now if you’re interested let me know , I will be purchasing a permit if needed to ride in a group on the Parkway. Hotels are not set in stone if time allows each day we can push on further. At the end of Blue Ridge lies the Skyline Dr which we could do depending on time.

My email is donsredcar@yahoo.com if you need to contact me. As it gets closer i will email my phone number so we all can stay in touch, texting .

Last edited by donsredcar; 03-17-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #14 (permalink)

Attendees so far

Redcar from Norcross GA Red Solstice
Friki Tiki from Chattanooga 2 Solstices Chet and Karen
Rob with his red Solstice
SKYJACK ( JACK AND PAULINE )

Last edited by donsredcar; 03-20-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #15 (permalink)

I have contacted the folks at the Blue Ridge Parkway to get a permit for our ride and they said we are not doing any permits this year.Also mentioned that a large group riding down the BRP could draw attention from a Ranger. He recomended that we travel in small groups of 4 maybe. I asked if we do that and we come up on a scenic overlook and the groups all pile in there would that be ok? No that may draw some attention from Rangers.He also mentioned that it can't look as if it was a planned event, thats why keep it in small groups. I don't know how many cars we are going to have yet but looking on here and on Facebook at the interest showed I'd say 8 - 10 cars right now. My wife and I are still going to take this ride and if anyone is still interested we can still do this in small groups and meet up off the Parkway at pre determined lunch spots or gas stations whatever, Maybe each group can have a leader who will stay in touch with other groups. Any thoughts? I do believe that we are not the only group ever to ride on BRP so lets do this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Southeast