Saturn Sky Forum banner

St Louis Spring Run

6K views 33 replies 9 participants last post by  RMFNSKY 
#1 ·
We are setting up a Spring St Louis run. Date is Sunday 22 April. The run route hasn't been set yet but I imagine we will start approx 9am. I will post more details when they become available.

Would be nice to get the St Louis Kappas out of hibernation. :cool:

#8 ·
Combining the responses from the Solstice Forum, the Sky Forum, and Face Book this is a current list of interested people.

Yes
1. RMFNSKY
2. ShowMeSky
3. A Sky 42
4. BuddahaRedline
5. BLK GXP
6. Jack19

Maybe
1. boomer
2. IdLikeToBuyAVal

Waiting To Hear From
1. Solstice62
2. RidingSolo
3. Chadman66

#15 · (Edited)
Combining the responses from the Solstice Forum, Sky Forum, and Face Book this is a list of interested people as of April 8th.

Yes
1. RMFNSKY
2. ShowMeSky
3. A Sky 42
4. BuddahaRedline
5. BLK GXP
6. Jack19
7. IdLikeToBuyAVal
8. cathyandsteveg
9. PaulyB
10. sly2
11. Solstice62

Maybe
1. boomer

Waiting To Hear From
1. RidingSolo
2. Chadman66

cathyandsteveg, PaulyB, and BuddahaRedline, if you would like to be added to the mailing list please PM me your E-mail address.

#16 ·
To all, John and I where trying to think of a place maybe in Augusta to stop for lunch. Like John said on his post if anybody has a favorite or a idea of a good place let him us know. Would be nice if the place serves beer and or wine. Augusta Brewing company was good but the parking area was pretty small. Both John and I have never been to any of the wineries there, so suggestions are needed.

#18 ·
This was posted on the Sol board by BLKGXP

I hope you all don't like straight roads cause I didn't find many. This is one crooked ass cruise.

I did find out though that the Shell station I wanted to start from is now a Phillips 66. important to know.

So our starting point is the Phillips 66 at Hwy 44 and Hwy 141

#19 ·
Start of the cruise is at the Phillips 66 on 141 near I-44. end will be at a bar/grill in the Chesterfield valley. I'm thinking Syberg's, but there's lots of places there if the group would like something else. I put a pic of the map on FB.
I'll have print outs of the map and route at the start at 9am.

#24 ·
This was emailed to me from Jack

St. Louis Solstice/Sky People

John (BLK GXP) has once again found some fine roads with a lot of twisties. The route starts off immediately going through turns and hill. It mellows a little after about forty five minutes, but after a few more miles the twisties return.

St. Louis Solstice/Sky People

John (BLK GXP) has once again found some fine roads with a lot of twisties. The route starts off immediately going through turns and hill. It mellows a little after about forty five minutes, but after a few more miles the twisties return.

THINGS TO BE ALERT FOR:

1. There are places where the rain of the past few days has washed some gravel from driveways onto the road. Hopefully these areas will be cleaned up this week.
2. Road kill
3. Bicyclist
4. Turtles
5. The infamous stop sign from our last run. I have marked it's location in my GPS and will share the coordinates to anyone who wants them.
6. The town of New Melle in St. Charles County. The speed limit is 35 MPH and every time I have driven through it there is a police office using radar.

The meeting place is the Phillips 66 gas station (Fastlane) located at 901 Meramec Station Road. GPS coordinates are: N38.53540 W090.49709. The station does not have 93 Octane or E85 gas. However as John has stated 93 octane is available across the street.

Jake E85 is available at one of the proposed rest stops that is a little past the half way point.

Long range forecast is calling for partly cloudy skies with a high temperature of 66 degrees. A perfect top down day.

THINGS TO BE ALERT FOR:

1. There are places where the rain of the past few days has washed some gravel from driveways onto the road. Hopefully these areas will be cleaned up this week.
2. Road kill
3. Bicyclist
4. Turtles
5. The infamous stop sign from our last run. I have marked it's location in my GPS and will share the coordinates to anyone who wants them.
6. The town of New Melle in St. Charles County. The speed limit is 35 MPH and every time I have driven through it there is a police office using radar.

The meeting place is the Phillips 66 gas station (Fastlane) located at 901 Meramec Station Road. GPS coordinates are: N38.53540 W090.49709. The station does not have 93 Octane or E85 gas. However as John has stated 93 octane is available across the street.

Jake E85 is available at one of the proposed rest stops that is a little past the half way point.

Long range forecast is calling for partly cloudy skies with a high temperature of 66 degrees. A perfect top down day.

You will see many signs like these all along the route.

Attachments

#25 ·
It is time for the St. Charles people to decide where and what time we want to meet to caravan to the starting point of the run. The Jack-In-The-Box on Hwy 94 in Weldon Springs is a good place to meet if that is okay with everyone.

I think we should let Valerie decide what time to meet since her and Anthony are going to be out late Saturday night. Map Quest shows it to be a thirty minute drive from the Jack-In-The-Box to the Phillips 66 station.

#27 · (Edited)
Combining the responses from the Solstice Forum, the Sky Forum, and Face Book this is a list of interested people as of Friday April 20th.

Yes
1. RMFNSKY
2. ShowMeSky
3. A Sky 42
4. BuddahaRedline
5. BLK GXP
6. Jack19
7. IdLikeToBuyAVal
8. cathyandsteveg
9. PaulyB
10. Sly2
11. Solstice62
12. 2007RL

Maybe
1. boomer
2. Claudette

Waiting To Hear From
1. RidingSolo

For those St. Charles people, or anyone else who is interested, there will be a few of us meeting at the Jack-In-The-Box located at 6000 South Hwy 94 and Beckman Drive at 08:15. Our route of travel will be Hwy 94 south, to Hwy 40 east, to Hwy 141 south.

Latest weather forecast for Sunday calls for sunny skies and a high temperature of 65 degrees.

It will be perfect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.