Dallas/Ft Worth Kappas - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Southwest
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #16 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyForChrist View Post
I say we plan for the 30th at firewheel and we can drive around Dallas or something. We can eat at the mall. I'm not much of a morning person so lets do around 1ish..

Who's in?
Drive around Dallas?? You must be insane LOL!!
that is what I do when I travel to Colorado, literally, drive around Dallas..

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama
MidniteBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

Send a message via AIM to Sky4christ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteBlues View Post
Drive around Dallas?? You must be insane LOL!!
that is what I do when I travel to Colorado, literally, drive around Dallas..
Yea I'm not sure what I was thinking with that one to be honest. I AVOID 635 like the plague. Maybe we can take 78 up to Lavon lake and go to where the Sky is more comfortable (around water). So that wouldn't be around Dallas it would be going away from Dallas.
Sky4christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #18 (permalink)

SkyForChrist, if you're up for some seriously fun drives keep an eye out for me starting in the next month or so. Historically I've put together a drive about once or twice a month, although I'm not sure how many I'll be able to do this year since I'll be playing baseball on Sundays (my typical driving day, since I work Saturdays).

Stuck organizes a couple local drives each year (seems to be more road trips than local, which I have neither the time off nor the money for) so keep an eye out for those as well. Both of us lead drives OUTSIDE the metroplex on scenic back roads. His tend to be more leisurely and easy-paced (excluding the 3 Sisters Run), while mine tend to be more...spirited (basically as fast as I can safely navigate the twisty roads - I do emphasize *safely*, I drive fast but I do not race - with the speed limit being more of a minimum).

Other than those, I've noticed there really isn't a lot of driving activity around here, and rarely any social gatherings. I've kind of migrated to the S2000 group as they are much more active locally (and much more mature than the GM group I tried to hook up with, while still being fun).

So keep an eye out, and if you have a free Sunday or can free one up that's when I tend to drive, they are definitely worth it.

2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250
60mpg
LordRahl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:01 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyVue2 View Post
Good luck with that.
Down here when they get together . . . it's usually to and

Later this year there's Laps for Charity at Texas Motor Speedway in Ft. Worth - September.
Darn right!

Although regarding L4C - to my dismay nobody seems to come out to it anymore. Last year only one other person came out with me, and he wasn't in a kappa.

2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250
60mpg
Old 02-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

Send a message via AIM to Sky4christ
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRahl007 View Post
SkyForChrist, if you're up for some seriously fun drives keep an eye out for me starting in the next month or so. Historically I've put together a drive about once or twice a month, although I'm not sure how many I'll be able to do this year since I'll be playing baseball on Sundays (my typical driving day, since I work Saturdays).

Stuck organizes a couple local drives each year (seems to be more road trips than local, which I have neither the time off nor the money for) so keep an eye out for those as well. Both of us lead drives OUTSIDE the metroplex on scenic back roads. His tend to be more leisurely and easy-paced (excluding the 3 Sisters Run), while mine tend to be more...spirited (basically as fast as I can safely navigate the twisty roads - I do emphasize *safely*, I drive fast but I do not race - with the speed limit being more of a minimum).

Other than those, I've noticed there really isn't a lot of driving activity around here, and rarely any social gatherings. I've kind of migrated to the S2000 group as they are much more active locally (and much more mature than the GM group I tried to hook up with, while still being fun).

So keep an eye out, and if you have a free Sunday or can free one up that's when I tend to drive, they are definitely worth it.
Man that stinks. I go to church sunday morning and usually am there till around 2-3pm I'm guessing that is when the rides happen.

Do the S2000 guys accept you with open arms? if so I'll see if I can hang with yall on that.
Sky4christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #21 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRahl007 View Post
Darn right!

Although regarding L4C - to my dismay nobody seems to come out to it anymore. Last year only one other person came out with me, and he wasn't in a kappa.
The one time I went, pace car held us to 90 mph. Now we can drive 85 mph legally on some roads. No need to go to the track.

07 Sky
2.4L NA
5 speed
Limited slip differential
Chrome wheels
Premium trim package
Monsoon audio
AM/FM/XM/CD changer
Windrestrictor V2
Rusty Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #22 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyForChrist View Post
Man that stinks. I go to church Sunday morning and usually am there till around 2-3pm I'm guessing that is when the rides happen.

Do the S2000 guys accept you with open arms? if so I'll see if I can hang with yall on that.
When I lived in Las Colinas I avoided mid-afternoon drives, too hot. Early morning, late afternoon, early evening.
27rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #23 (permalink)

Yeah my drives typically start around 10am and include a lunch break. As to 27rings' point, I do longer drives in early spring / late fall, during the high heat of summer the drives usually end around 12-1 before it gets really hot.

The S2000 guys have been pretty accepting of me, they're really good people, and they love my drives. A couple guys on there lead drives as well, and not always on Sundays. They meet up pretty often for track days, dinners, shows, etc. Check out the North Texas page on s2ki.com

Rusty - yeah I got up to 100 one time, every other time it's been 90 tops, 80-85 average. It's a pretty neat experience, but once you've done it it's less exciting to do it again.

2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250
60mpg
Old 03-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #24 (permalink)

We're around and like Ben said, we do stuff. The local rides I do will start next month. Still trying to recover from our last road trip. I don't post much over here because I usually don't get much of a response. A bunch of the active Texans/Okies/Arkies are over on RODEO's BBQ (solstice-forum.com). Because of spammers, it's become an invite-only forum. If you'd like to get in, PM me your user name and an email addy. I'll get it to the BBQ Admins. Hope to see y'all next month for our Sweetie Pie's Ribeyes run.

Last edited by stuck; 03-05-2013 at 09:00 AM.
stuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #25 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)
We used to have a group of 7 or 8 of us that would do car shows together, but most of them just sort of disappeared. I still do a car show about once a month (and TRY to make it to Cars & Coffee).

And we used to have lots of Skys for the TMS runs, but they all vanished too.

If you guys get something definitive planned, let me know.
Opel GT Antenna
Headlight Eyelids
Ordered 06/08/07
Built 07/20/07
Delivered 08/07/07
mbeardsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #26 (permalink)

Depending on how my body work/paint ends up, I plan to start attending C&C again each month and Laps for Charity come September (believe this is the next go round). Been a while since I've gone to any events, and even longer for something Solstice specific. Will keep an eye out over here, and try to join in if something gets planned.

I know one of my neighbors was attending several meets in the DFW area each month with his RX7 group. Think they were mainly Ricer Killer, Cup Cake meets, and C&C. Will bend his ear to see if anything is coming up. I know he's trying to get his FD put back together for Import Face Off coming in April (think it is April 7 in @ Texas Motorplex in Ennis). Might be worth considering.
Tugeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:57 AM   #27 (permalink)

Im in dallas now hitting up six flags im the morning..

K&N Typhoon
Hahn intercooler
Fujita charge pipes
casto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:26 AM   #28 (permalink)

My Photos: (14)
casto,
Lmao
LLLFLY
Best Interior 2012 NASSM
2nd American Legends 2013
DDMWORKS Loaded, Wind Restrictor
lllfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #29 (permalink)

what ??

K&N Typhoon
Hahn intercooler
Fujita charge pipes
casto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Southwest