Saturn Sky Forum banner

F/S 08' Sky RedLine Auto 26K Miles GMPP Chili Pepper Red w/ Blk & Red Int...

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  SKY Spy 
#1 · (Edited)
Well... it's time to let Lucy go to a new owner...

She's a 2008' RedLine, Auto, OEM Monsoon w/ 6CD in-dash, Rear Spoiler & Chrome Wheels. Every factory option is there.

A lot more info and pics in the Craigslist link below.

She only has 26K miles. Excellent condition indeed. Clear and clean SC title in hand.

Only reason to sell her is that I'm interested in a different toy so it's time for her to go.

I have her listed for $18,000 but feel free to make a reasonable offer.

Ignition switch recall done. Passenger side airbag is not giving any troubles so no worries there.

I've been here since August 2005 so many can vouch for me.

Please ask if you have any questions and feel free to IM me. I'm pretty busy with my new job but I will do my best to respond quickly.

Vehicle located in Lexington, SC.

Ideally payment would be in the form of cash or certified funds. :cheers:

http://columbia.craigslist.org/cto/6185829521.html

Here's the text of the add:

2008' Saturn Sky RedLine with 26,137 miles. One owner. I used to be a Sales Manager at a Saturn Dealership and this was my toy. This is my 2nd Sky RedLine, my 1st one was a 2007' in Storm Grey and I waited 10 months and 10 days to get it.

This one is a 5 speed automatic, it has the optional in-dash 6CD player and the Monsoon Stereo System. Power height adjustment for driver's seat. Rear Spoiler. Optional Chrome Wheels.

The first year the Saturn Sky came out (MY 2007') I couldn't get the Chili Pepper Red exterior color with the Black & Red Leather Interior, but in 08' and 09' there was the override option so when I had the chance of getting this one I jumped on it and have had it since new in the Summer of 2008.

Please keep in mind when considering price that GM only made approximately 10,000 Saturn Sky RedLines (2.0 Liter Turbo) between 2007 and 2009. Between all the wrecked, totaled and highly modified ones, very few low miles, almost stock ones remain, not to mention ones with the color combo this one has.

I changed the tires around 5,000 miles ago with the same OEM tire that came with it. You have at least 50% thread life there.

The recall for the ignition switch has been done. I have both keys and key fobs along with all the manuals as well.

The car is in great condition, low miles and never in an accident. I'm the original owner and have clear SC title ready to be transferred to the new owner upon cleared payment.

I'm only selling her because I have decided on a new toy and want someone else to appreciate her as much as I do.

The good:

I've done a few functional and useful modifications to it:

1. GMPP Kit - I've added the OEM GM Performance Package to it. OEM performance upgrade that replaces the MAP sensor to allow for higher boost pressure and a re-flash to the ECU that allows for the additional horsepower and torque. This re-flash also allows the ECU to retain the new data that the upgrades modified and not revert to stock power levels, plus it no longer learns down power gained by the addition of aftermarket parts like exhaust systems, air intakes, etc. Original power was 260 HP / 260 TQ with this addition GM puts the power levels at 290 HP / 325 TQ for vehicles with the Automatic Transmission like this one.
2. 3" Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust - Stainless Steel. Awesome sound and it has that great looking Quad Tips out-back.
3. Fujita Cold Air Intake - This air intake allows for cooler and more oxygen-rich air to make it into the engine providing a small increase in power. It also allows of the beautiful sounds of the turbo and OEM blow-off valve to be heard which you can't hear with the stock air-box. I do have the stock air-box if you rather go back to stock.
4. HID's - High-end Morimoto HID kit in the OEM Projectors. Awesome light output, much brighter than the original halogens. I can include the unmodified caps that go in the back of the headlights if you want to go back to stock halogens.
5. LED's - Opt7 LED's in the fog-light location. Very bright. I use them as Daytime Running Lights.
6. Lil'- Chromies - Stainless steel door lock pulls as seen in the pictures that replace the ugly OEM plastic ones.
7. Aluminum Antenna - I replaced the R/C looking OEM antenna with a very good looking shorty aluminum one as you can see in the pictures.

The bad:

1. The OEM cup-holder in the passenger side by the passenger left leg is not working. Very common issue here. I haven't used it in a long time so I didn't replace it. $70 to replace. The cup-holder between the seats works just fine.
2. The fog-light button sometimes is slow to respond. It works but sometimes it takes more than one press to get the fog-lights to activate. $13 to replace if you want.
3. If you look closely at both front bottom corners of the front bumper you will see some scrapes where the paint has been rubbed off. Unfortunately this is a low slung vehicle and it's common to see this issue. I decided not to fix this so future owner can see it as it was. There are also a few scrapes under the chin. Very common due to parking lot concrete stops. Can't see them unless you get on the ground and look for them.
4. There is some visible wear to the left side of the black & red leather in the steering wheel. Another common issue for this cars. Not bad but I wanted to mention it in the spirit of full disclosure.

The last maintenance was performed on 2/7/17 at 25,968 miles. Full synthetic oil and filter change and multi point inspection.

Payment needs to be either in cash or certified funds from mayor bank or credit union, preferably a local one to me. We could both walk into the bank and finish transaction there.

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have. I want you to be fully informed before you buy.

By the way, I'm one of the moderators at the www.skyroadster.com forum site, I'm Sky Spy there and I have been there since August 9, 2005 so please buy with confidence.
BA :willy:

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks!!!

Got her on eBay as well! Crossing my fingers it sells the first time around!!!

BA

#4 ·
Just so y'all know... Just sold Lucy on eBay.

End up selling for $15,400.

Will be sad to see her go but my IRA will have a great starting balance.

BA

#6 ·
Thanks. Sad day indeed. I wish I had driven her more. Didn't really had as much fun as I had with my first Redline. All about time and money. Isn't always...

Should be picked up from my home in the next week or so.

BA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.