Saturn Sky Forum banner

F/S 09 Hydro Blue, 2.4, Manual

8K views 42 replies 13 participants last post by  tporter 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Hydro Blue is the rarest color in all three vehicles; Sky Roadster, Solstice Roadster, and Solstice Coupe. Oh No another rare color thread once again. Yup sharp looking car. Someone is going to get a good permagrin out of this one. $14.5K for this rare limited production model. I can see that, but it would have been nicer at that price, with lower mileage imo. A motivated seller?

LAC

#9 · (Edited)
Feeling Baited :)

Hydro Blue is the rarest color in all three vehicles; Sky Roadster, Solstice Roadster, and Solstice Coupe. Oh No another rare color thread once again.

LAC
Feel like I'm being baited into posting on here :) but the owner is wrongo.
The Santiago Teal I think was a one off on the solstice coupe (sold in Canada I believe)
its not even the rarest Sky color, that would be the one 2010 Kinetic Blue
Both of those pictures are attached.
I still love my Hydro though, so if anyone is looking at getting it, welcome to the exclusive Sky Club and the little more exclusive Hydro Sky club :wink:

Oh this specific car was listed for sale by a dealership a few years ago for 17K, in NC and it is now being sold in NH so it moved to a new state. it is # 63 of the 89 so only built a few hydros after mine:cheers: why on earth I know this info I don't know....

Attachments

#3 ·
Price and miles are about same as mine, but this is a 2.4 Manual, the least desirable combination. The Hydro do seem to be damanding a few thousand more than others but what that means for the future value who knows.

I would think with summer approaching they will get that price.

#11 ·
The unicorn of colors. A one off, one time color on the last car made on the platform. I agree very rare, and I didn't forget them. Teal / Kinetic are the colors that have imo very little appeal to the masses when it comes to the Blue from GM. How do you know the public likes it, or hates if it is only on, one car? Hard to gage that. 100 cars with that color, yeah we might be on to something here then.

The hunt is on as Wayne Carini from CCC says.. for the one, the only one. Where is the 2010 Kinetic Blue Kappa? Got to be somewhere? The Teal colored cars, released in to the Canadian market are limited colors, but there are a few of them, as opposed to the one unicorn Kappa in all the land. That's rare, a true one off, specialious real deal collector car imho.

LAC

#14 ·
Kinetic Blue is Hydro blue, and there are a few solstices coupes (I know of at least 2 I am sure there are more)

This one makes 3 2010 PONTIAC SOLSTICE COUPE - 96685
Kinetic Blue is NOT Hydro Blue

Kinetic Blue is WA720S, while Hydro Blue is WA640R (Paint Codes).

Santiago Teal was WA717S.

There was only 1 Kappa painted in Santiago Teal, which was a 2010 color intended only for Canada: AY100022 Solstice Coupe.

There was only 1 Saturn Sky painted in Kinetic Blue, AY100004, a 2010 Sky Redline.

:thumbs:

#15 · (Edited)
FWIW:

There are 6 2010 Pontiac Solstices painted in Kinetic Blue:
3 Coupes: AY100001, AY100018, and AY100023
3 Convertibles: AY100010, AY100029, and AY100030

Kinetic Blue with a White Stripe was going to be a Heritage Edition option, as well as White with a Kinetic Blue stripe. Both done in memory of 2nd Generation Trans Am Firebirds which had similar paint jobs.

:thumbs:

Attachments

#18 ·
#23 ·
Read the whole description, not much done to the seats.
The Custom Features added by Richard Tyler were: Cognac Tri-Coat Frost paint color, full front clear bra, "Richard Tyler Edition" logo on two toned black and tan seats, custom windscreen, machined sill plates, beaded detail floor mat and Instrument gauge cluster

#19 ·
lets look at this too while we are talking about cars I'll never be able to find :)

Attachments

#28 ·
Thanks to DaveOC for that update. I knew there were limited #'s produced in 2010 for both the Sol & Sky. The breakdown of the colors was interesting, just one teal colored Sol coupe 2010 to Canada. A 1 of 1 ? Pretty rare both in the Kappa history, registry, color, etc. So what is the estimated cost, if found would this one off be? Collector car value down the line IF BJ or other auto auction company had it come up?

Now since the Teal colored Sol coupe was rare to the Pontiac version of the Kappa, a 1 of 1, then what is the value or rarity of the 1 of 1 Sky 2010 in Kinetic Blue RL? Last of the last, a one of a kind color, the only 2010 Sky RL(?) it has to be held in a higher standard among collector status for the Kappa, like the Sol in the Teal?

Heritage Edition: Like the look, and if you remember the old Firebirds you will see the appeal for the it. I test drove a Trans Am in white/blue color combo, saw a few races that had the firebirds in the blue/white color set up.

Has any of these one off, 1 of 1 Kappa's, come up on the market at anytime? Who owns the only 2010 Sky with the Kinetic Blue? The 2010 Sol in Teal?
Be interesting to see what the $$$ is for them on the open market, not for just the sale of a Kappa in general, but given these two cars are one off's in color and year? Got me but hey we were talking rarest of the rare color wise, and now maybe it's value in the collector cars market, if it has one?

LAC

#29 · (Edited)
one teal colored Sol coupe 2010 to Canada. A 1 of 1 ? Pretty rare both in the Kappa history, registry, color, etc. So what is the estimated cost, if found would this one off be? LAC
The Santiago Teal Sol came up for sale a few times over the years, but I do not think anyone knows who the current owner or its location is.
https://www.google.com/webhp?source...+++Santiago+teal+site:www.solsticeforum.com&*

A 2010 Kinectic Blue Sol has been for sale on Napoli Classics for a couple years now for $55,000 (31,000 miles, 2.4, Manual). It was previously for sale as a used car from a dealer several years back.

So depending on the condition of 2010 Blue Sky, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone asking a similar number.

Note; I think we all know all 2010s were built in between 09 production.

BTW, someone buy the SKY I posted at the beginning of this thread. :willy:

#31 ·
You guys are performance spoiled. My '65 Chevy Impala SS 327 with 4 speed did 0-60 in around 7.5 second and I thought it was "smokin." My 2.4 with tune and hi flow cat probably is 7 seconds or little under and it is considered anemic. Time changes all things.

#32 ·
Gotta agree with you. I had a 97 Grand Prix with a 231 V6 running the 1/8th in about the same time as your Impala's 0-60 and was trapping around 91 at that point. (would pick up about 23 seconds on the back half of the 1/4 on the way to low 12s)

So after having that, I want more power in my Sky and the stock 2.4 just felt like I was driving a Yugo...even though my 92 Eagle Talon TSi only had 190 with a 2.0 Turbo and felt like lightning when I owned it...my stock 2.4 was about the same speed but just felt sluggish.

#33 ·
Surely I would enjoy the car even more if had more power but for me more about pleasure of driving around with top down and not have to be concerned with possible maintenance issues with performance options such as turbo or sc. Just trying to keep it simple. My boat is enough to worry about with ongoing maintenance issues.

#36 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.