F/S 400+HP Saturn Sky Redline - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted Place for MEMBERS to post want to buy or vehicles for sale. NO COMMERCIAL POSTING, no PROMOTION OF VEHICLES OR ITEMS YOU DO NOT PERSONALLY OWN.

User Tag List

5Likes
  • 1 Post By Elff
  • 1 Post By lorennerol
  • 1 Post By Smiley V2.0
  • 1 Post By MattM
  • 1 Post By Z06-Redline

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
F/S 400+HP Saturn Sky Redline

For Sale: 400+HP 2871 Turbo 2008 Sky Redline

Well, forum family, the time has come to sell my Sky. Let's get right into it!

Excellent condition
  • 2nd Owner
  • Triple Black
  • 5-speed manual
  • 6-disk CD changer
  • Premium Monsoon Sound System
  • OEM floormats
  • Spoiler
  • Polished aluminum wheels
  • Non-smoker
  • Garage-kept
  • NEW Continental dws-06 tires (less than 1,000 miles on them, spent $800) Much better traction than OEM tires.
  • NO LEAKS
  • NO DENTS
  • Replaced waterpump
  • Replaced alternator
  • Newer battery
  • Clutch has plenty of life left. Shifts smoothly.
  • Top is in great shape.
  • Rims are in near-perfect condition.
  • Cold A/C
  • Oil changed using ONLY Mobil-1 Synthetic 5W-30. Changed annually or every 7,000 miles- whichever came first.

-Popular cracked fenders mod (courtesy of the dealership when they changed waterpump) Note: cracks only visible underneath the vehicle
-Signal indicator does not reset after turning (a seemingly common problem with certain GM cars but it had never bothered me)
-Small, light 2-inch scratch on rear passenger side from a rogue shopping cart at Wal-Mart
-Needs parking brake adjustment
-Headlights could use a polish
-Passenger side cup holder does not work

Mods include:

GMPP CAI (bought from fellow forum member Elff)
Debadged (but I have the lettering saved if you would like)

DDMWorks 2871 "happy meal", which includes:
  • 2871 Turbo
  • Polished Aluminum Charge Tubes
  • DDMWorks Intercooler
  • Synapse Synchronic BOV

The ECM was sent to and tuned by Dave himself (Less than 15,000 miles on this setup). Has been on the car for almost 3 years now with NO issues whatsoever.
The PROVEN performance setup. Car is well-tempered and drives like a stock redline;but there is plenty of power under the pedal if you want to get-up-and-go! This setup will get you close to the highest SAFE performance available on the LNF engine without opening it up. All on 93 octane.

68,XXX miles (still driven by me periodically)

$14,495

I treated this car with care and attention-- as it deserved to be. Only selling because I got bit by the C7 bug don't have room in the garage for two toys.

This is a very powerful, proven, and most importantly RELIABLE setup. Perfect for someone looking to jump into the Kappa platform or upgrade from a base/stock redline.

Located in Central Florida.

I would be willing to pick you up from Orlando Intl. Airport if you wanted to fly in and drive it home. I live about an hour away. I will not ship the car, however.

The car is only being listed HERE for a period of time. I figured I would give fellow forum-goers the courtesy of having the first look.

Feel free to PM me on this site or send an email to: redline.saturnsky@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9287.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	903.7 KB
ID:	91090   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9297.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	847.7 KB
ID:	91098   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9303.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	91105   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9227.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	689.4 KB
ID:	91106   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9244.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	786.6 KB
ID:	91114  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

More pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9194.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	704.6 KB
ID:	91122   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9234.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	493.2 KB
ID:	91138   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9306.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	655.3 KB
ID:	91145   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9193.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	91153   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9354.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	554.4 KB
ID:	91154  

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Garage
Good Luck with the Sale.
That is one nice Sky and I know how well that turbo performs.

I wish I still had that setup.
Smiley V2.0 likes this.

LUSIFER

I'm not short, I'm concentrated AWESOME

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to lorennerol Send a message via MSN to lorennerol
Just curious (plus free bump), is that at the crank or the wheels, have you had it dyno'd, and how is the turbo lag?

400HP would be really nice.
Smiley V2.0 likes this.

2008 Red Line
Chili Pepper with special order red/black leather
Five speed
Chrome wheels
Monsoon stereo w/ USB input
Custom lighted Windrestrictor
GMPP ECM upgrade
Norm's custom rear facia
Ordered: 6/23/07
Born: 7/16/07
Del: 8/24/07
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elff View Post
Good Luck with the Sale.
That is one nice Sky and I know how well that turbo performs.

I wish I still had that setup.
Thanks for the kind words Elff. I was saddened to see what had happened to yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorennerol View Post
Just curious (plus free bump), is that at the crank or the wheels, have you had it dyno'd, and how is the turbo lag?

400HP would be really nice.
Crank HP. Full boost is roughly 500 rpm later in relation to the stock k04, so not a huge increase. Below is a video of Miller's Sky on a dyno with similar mods. This should give you an idea of the power the car makes:

lorennerol likes this.

Last edited by Smiley V2.0; 04-20-2017 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Broken link
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Well Damn! It sucks you didn't offer this sooner. I would have totally bought yours instead of mine! Wanna trade skys and I give you an extra $2,000? LOL....
Smiley V2.0 likes this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Hi Smiley. Very nice car with some great options at a very reasonable price.

What C7 are you considering ???

I went from a C7 to a Redline. I had a 2014 Z51 manual and then a 2015 Z06 A8. They Z51 manual was more fun to drive on the street than the Zo6 was. The Z06 just has to much power to drive on the street. Don't get me wrong, it was safe just not fun. The Redline is more fun to street drive than either. I ran both of them and now run the Redline on road courses.

The Z06 was like a rocket on the track but the cost of consumables was thru thru roof. I have moded the Redline to the point it is strictly a track car now.

Best of luck to you, Larry.
Smiley V2.0 likes this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM View Post
Well Damn! It sucks you didn't offer this sooner. I would have totally bought yours instead of mine! Wanna trade skys and I give you an extra $2,000? LOL....
Sorry! The good news is, you still have a great car to drive! This car still turns heads every time I fill up the tank. I think that speaks volumes about the Sky's design. Like I said in my original post, I wouldn't be selling it if I didn't have to. If I had a way to squeeze it in the garage, I'd be keeping it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06-Redline View Post
Hi Smiley. Very nice car with some great options at a very reasonable price.

What C7 are you considering ???

I went from a C7 to a Redline. I had a 2014 Z51 manual and then a 2015 Z06 A8. They Z51 manual was more fun to drive on the street than the Zo6 was. The Z06 just has to much power to drive on the street. Don't get me wrong, it was safe just not fun. The Redline is more fun to street drive than either. I ran both of them and now run the Redline on road courses.

The Z06 was like a rocket on the track but the cost of consumables was thru thru roof. I have moded the Redline to the point it is strictly a track car now.

Best of luck to you, Larry.
I'm on the hunt for a Torch Red Z51 2LT 7-speed manual. I agree with you on the Z06. While it is a damn fine accomplishment of automotive technology, I view it more as a track car than a daily driver. The 2871 setup in the Sky allows for power when you want it but at the same time drives docile when you don't. I think it's a perfect match for a primarily street-driven car. I just hope that the C7 will provide me with as many miles of perma-grin as my Sky does. Thank you for sharing.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:31 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
[QUOTE=

I'm on the hunt for a Torch Red Z51 2LT 7-speed manual. I agree with you on the Z06. While it is a damn fine accomplishment of automotive technology, I view it more as a track car than a daily driver. The 2871 setup in the Sky allows for power when you want it but at the same time drives docile when you don't. I think it's a perfect match for a primarily street-driven car. I just hope that the C7 will provide me with as many miles of perma-grin as my Sky does. Thank you for sharing.[/QUOTE]

You will love the Z51 7 speed with the rev match feature. Makes everyone sound like a pro racer. In hindsight I should have kept the Z51, but the Redline is a lot of fun.

Did you install the 2871 turbo yourself??? I'm thinking of going this route soon. I have a DDM intercooler, intake,charge pipes,Solo hi flow cat, and Trifecta tune,coilovers and full slicks.

It runs pretty strong on the track. I can only imagine it with the upgraded turbo. If you have any questions on the C7 let me know. I have probably driven 6 or so of them at the track. The Z51 7 speed is a fine machine.

Larry
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06-Redline View Post
You will love the Z51 7 speed with the rev match feature. Makes everyone sound like a pro racer. In hindsight I should have kept the Z51, but the Redline is a lot of fun.

Did you install the 2871 turbo yourself??? I'm thinking of going this route soon. I have a DDM intercooler, intake,charge pipes,Solo hi flow cat, and Trifecta tune,coilovers and full slicks.

It runs pretty strong on the track. I can only imagine it with the upgraded turbo. If you have any questions on the C7 let me know. I have probably driven 6 or so of them at the track. The Z51 7 speed is a fine machine.

Larry
The install is pretty straightforward, although it is without a doubt a two person job. DDM I believe offers a standalone 2871 turbo upgrade. It would be a great option for you since you already have the existing supporting mods.

The 2871 setup is all about usable mid-range power without adversely risking damage to internal components. I used to think the Trifecta tune really woke up the car. Boy, was I wrong. The 2871 puts you in a whole different league entirely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars > Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.