Saturn Sky Forum banner

Parting out '08 Sky Redline- also new spare parts

19K views 94 replies 45 participants last post by  JohnWR 
#1 ·
I'm parting out an '08 Sky Redline, I'm putting the parts on eBay little by little. (I only have two listings on there so far!)

I can tell you easily what I don't have...
No Engine or trans
No rear diff
No brakes
No sheet metal parts (hood, trunk lid, etc.)

What I do have is a whole bunch of other stuff. Let me know if you guys need anything. I also have some brand new spare parts. I have an original Monsoon radio and amp and a USB radio with a black faceplate also that I'll be putting on ebay soon. I think I have a brand new in the box subwoofer also. XM, Airbag and Onstar modules, red and black interior parts, rear spoiler, mirrors, tail lights, BCM, ECM, Centennial Edition Corvette alcantara steering wheel, red and black steering wheel, window motors and regulators, intercoolers, steering column, wiper and turn signal switches, dash parts, complete seats, drivers and passengers airbags, etc.

Here's the two listings I have up so far...

The headlight auction is ending soon, they really are in good shape and already have quality HID's in them.

2007-2009 Saturn Sky Redline HEADLIGHTS (Both left and right!) with LED & HID's! | eBay

Who needs a HPFP? Probably good to have one on hand as a spare! And this one comes with the high pressure line that's supposed to be replaced whenever it's taken off.

Brand New GM High Pressure Fuel Pump AND New Fuel Line!!! | eBay

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm looking for a sport dead pedal and a lower, black leather, passenger side seat cover. Do you have those available?

#6 ·
Hi guys,

I made room in my PM box so that should work now. I'm going out of town for the weekend, I'll try to get pictures of what you guys are looking for when I get back. I'm not sure I have pics of the headlights turned on, I guess I could hook them up to a battery and take a picture of them that way. They work and the color temps are all very similar. They're not super blue like some people do their HID's.

I have the dead pedal, but the interior parts I have are all red/black so I don't have a straight black seat cover. I can probably put together a pretty good looking entire set of red/black seat covers, steering wheel, shift boot and door panels if you want to switch over. I was actually thinking about putting that entire interior setup on ebay, I just have to get to it.

As far as the logistics of selling/buying, I think it's safer for both sides if I sell everything through ebay? If you put together a list of stuff you want, I can just put it on ebay with our agreed upon price as a "buy it now". That way if it's not what you expected or not what I said it was you'll have recourse. I've been on ebay for 16 years and have 100% positive feedback. Does that sound ok or would you all rather do it here and through paypal?

Thanks!

#7 ·
Just went and plugged the lights into a stock Sky so you can see they all work. Really bad pics though because it's daylight right now. Plus I put 7/24/17 on the note instead of 6/24/17 since I'm trying to run out the door on our trip! They are plug and play, it would take you less than 15 minutes to take your old lights out and put these in.

2007-2009 Saturn Sky Redline HEADLIGHTS (Both left and right!) with LED & HID's!

#8 · (Edited)
What sort of condition are the seat covers in? I assume they are the black and red ones?

I might be interested in the whole red/black set as spares for my car if they are in good shape and the price is right...

#9 ·
If you come across a OEM luggage rack please reach out to me

I know the guys that part out these cars run into a lot of parts and I just thought I would try

#10 ·
Gaaaaa...why do I run across this stuff now...first Elff's brakes then this black/red interior package. I need a new driver's side seat back (mine is starting to come apart at one of the seams) and I wanted to do the black and red thing but right now too much stuff going on. Damn.

Out of curiosity, what would you ask for all that? (seat covers, door panels, and shift boot? Don't need the complete seats)

#11 ·
I haven't really figured out about the seat cover/door panel/shift boot/steering wheel set yet. I know I have a perfect condition red/black steering wheel, I just ran across that today. I've got about 8 hours invested in just dealing with my first online buyer of these parts though so I haven't had a chance to look into anybody else's requests.

Honestly, come up with what you think a decent set of all that stuff would be worth and PM me. On the door panels, I have both entire door panels and just the red inserts. I think a couple of the door panels are brand new. The inserts only would be much easier to ship obviously.

#19 · (Edited)
Hi guys, sorry I've been awol. My mother in law passed away last week and we've been out of town staying near her since about two weeks ago.

I'm going to try to put some more stuff on ebay. I do have a console cupholder, is there anything else you need that might make shipping worthwhile?

I have a couple tops, one used, 100% complete with all the hardware and hinges. The other is brand new in the box from GM, just the fabric of course. Both are black and have the optional sound deadening layers. The obvious problem with those is shipping. I'm in the SF Bay Area if there's anyone local that needs a top.

I have all of the console and lower dash pieces brand new and used. I have several door panels, both new and used. I do have inside door handles, but again, it's hardly worth the trouble of boxing up and shipping one little part.

Just be patient with me! I'll get the stuff pulled out and take some pics when I can. I'll post links to ebay when I put stuff up on there. If there's something your car needs, just ask me if I have it.

edit- I've just been looking up the part numbers for some of this stuff. Did you guys know that 90% of the parts I'm looking up are discontinued? I hadn't looked at parts availability on these cars in quite awhile. It's actually hard to get a price on some of the parts because they literally don't exist new anymore. Yikes.

#22 ·
Tf02, I'm sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. When you get around to posting on eBay, I'll be surfing. You might be surprised how badly I want an interior passenger door handle. If you have a center console with the dual cup holders, I'd be interested in that too. Thanks so much for offering to sell parts. As you've seen, it is tough to find the little things anymore.

#27 ·
Sorry I've been AWOL guys, just been a tiny bit busy! I've been working day and night trying to get my mother in law's house ready to sell. We're just starting with the process of settling and closing out the estate, hopefully it won't take 3 years like settling my parents estate did.

Ok so TODAY I'm pulling all my Sky parts out of my attic and taking pictures of everything. Hopefully I'll have a bunch of stuff put up on Ebay tonight. I'll post the links here when the parts are up there.

Sorry but I don't have a luggage rack btw.

I do have 2 sets of complete red/black redline seats and 3 black tops ranging from fair used to good used to brand new in the box. I also have brakes, coil overs and a Z0K rear crossmember. The reason I'm mentioning those items is that they're big and heavy. I'm not sure If I'll list those on eBay since shipping would be a problem. If there's anyone in the San Fransisco Bay Area or Northern California that's interested in any parts, let me know.

The reason I'm selling this stuff is I just ended up with an entire house full of my mother in law's and my wife's family's old stuff and I need to make room asap! Everything I put on eBay will be on there with NO RESERVES so once it's on there, it's gonna go no matter how low the prices are.

BTW I don't have Solstice forum or Kappa Performance forum memberships. If one of you kind members would want to link this thread over on those forums that would be great. There are a bunch of parts that can be used on Solstice's too obviously.

Thanks!

#34 ·
Sorry I've been AWOL guys, just been a tiny bit busy! I've been working day and night trying to get my mother in law's house ready to sell. We're just starting with the process of settling and closing out the estate, hopefully it won't take 3 years like settling my parents estate did.

Ok so TODAY I'm pulling all my Sky parts out of my attic and taking pictures of everything. Hopefully I'll have a bunch of stuff put up on Ebay tonight. I'll post the links here when the parts are up there.

Sorry but I don't have a luggage rack btw.

I do have 2 sets of complete red/black redline seats and 3 black tops ranging from fair used to good used to brand new in the box. I also have brakes, coil overs and a Z0K rear crossmember. The reason I'm mentioning those items is that they're big and heavy. I'm not sure If I'll list those on eBay since shipping would be a problem. If there's anyone in the San Fransisco Bay Area or Northern California that's interested in any parts, let me know.

The reason I'm selling this stuff is I just ended up with an entire house full of my mother in law's and my wife's family's old stuff and I need to make room asap! Everything I put on eBay will be on there with NO RESERVES so once it's on there, it's gonna go no matter how low the prices are.

BTW I don't have Solstice forum or Kappa Performance forum memberships. If one of you kind members would want to link this thread over on those forums that would be great. There are a bunch of parts that can be used on Solstice's too obviously.

Thanks!
Done on the Solstice Forum.

Bert

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.