Saturn Sky Forum banner

Shock Absorber Adjusting

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  cdnite 
#1 ·
I have a set of KW Varient 3 adjustable shocks I want to install on my 08 RL.
What settings do you recommend for street driving/cruising. 90% of the time.:cool
What settings do you recommend for autocrossing. 10%
I don't want to lower the car much more so I thought I would use ZOK springs instead of the KW springs that lower the car quite a bit.
Thanks for any thoughts you may have regarding this. Jerry :cool:

#2 · (Edited)
RTFM- Read the instructions, it explains the standard setup procedure, and how to adjust from there.

Do not use the Z0K springs with that kit. The KW V3 spring perches are adjustable so you can set it to factory height, or any where between 12mm higher than stock to almost 75mm below stock.

Upgrade to the Z0K sway bars and get adjustable endlinks if you change the ride height.

I am running 60mm lower and 85% to full firm on the front and 62mm lower 75% full firm on the rear. On a 285/30/18 R-compound tire.

Also, springs need 2-4 weeks to settle to their final height, My springs settled over 15mm so start at the stock height and after a few weeks check and readjust then after another few week check and readjust again.

--Christian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.