5th Injector DIY instructions - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Technical Saturn Sky Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Technical Saturn Sky Discussion Technical and performance aspects of the Saturn Sky Roadster. Sky Problems | Solutions | Repairs | Recalls | Tech Bulletins | Tech Tips | In the Manual Basic Tech

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2012, 08:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
5th Injector DIY instructions

peace out.

Last edited by Monadzback; 04-07-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Monadzback is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

peace out.

Last edited by Monadzback; 04-07-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #3 (permalink)

peace out.

Last edited by Monadzback; 04-07-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

I actually ordered mine the other day.
2007 Sky Redline: DDMWorks Charge Pipes & Intercooler, Solo Performance 3" Mach Shorty, ZZP S1 cams, Supertech Valve springs, BNR 2871, SPEC Stage 3+, Android "Torque" bluetooth RPD, HPT e47 tuned by TERM2. ???whp ???wtrq Dyno coming soon.
40rty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)
I am totally in.
Please respond when you get the pictures posted.

Did both of you go with the Devil's controller?

I'm not short, I'm concentrated AWESOME
Elff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elff View Post
I am totally in.
Please respond when you get the pictures posted.

Did both of you go with the Devil's controller?
I still think your car needs this and some E-47. You know you want the extra 40 whp or so it will add. Your motor can handle it. These motors are very strong stock IMHO. I am going to keep bugging you until you do this
Terminator2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

Great My tuner is also an HP drug dealer.

I do want this. But I need to do it in the right order and build up the engine first. Im going to try and do that this winter.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
I still think your car needs this and some E-47. You know you want the extra 40 whp or so it will add. Your motor can handle it. These motors are very strong stock IMHO. I am going to keep bugging you until you do this
Git him David! lol.

Thanks for your help in that mess I got involved in, I appreciate it. I've finally given up over there, my head hurts from doing this too much .

I'm gonna gather up the web page links for the parts Jeb is using in case anyone else wants to go this route. Unfortunately, he's trying to use the same Devil's Own controller that I've been using and they're on backorder. It's the same controller ZZP uses, but under a different name. Does someone here want to do a little leg work and find out where these controllers are coming from? If we can find out where ZZP and Devil's Own gets them maybe we can go straight to the source. As of now I don't think Jeb has a controller for his setup. He can still get everything else put in though and he'll be ready to rock when he gets the controller.

Hey Elff (name? I hate using screen names!), like David said, there's lot's of LNF's out there with stock bottom ends that are doing fine, it's all in the tune and setup of mods. It can be done safely. If you're still on pump gas, E47 alone would be WAY safer. The 5th injector also isn't so much to make more hp, it's to make it safer and more efficiently. There is a ton of injector choices also, what I would recommend for you if you did it is a very small injector for now. Then when you build up or want more power, it's just a matter of throwing in a bigger 5th injector. Jeb's setup is using a different injector than mine, I'll explain why later.

Another thought on the engine stuff... the most likely problem when going bigger hp is the pistons. When they crack ring lands they almost never do any other damage. So think about it this way, if you do end up cracking a piston, you'll have to rebuild the motor with at least new pistons. If you rebuild the motor next winter, you're gonna be replacing the pistons so you eliminate the chance of them breaking. Why take it apart now, or in the winter to reduce your chance of failure when the possible failure is pretty much the same as the rebuild? Did I make any sense just now? lol. Hopefully you get what I mean. Throw some valve springs in it if you haven't already and just keep the boost reasonable in the tune and your bottom end will be fine. Oh and if you have meth, DITCH THE METH!

Last edited by gmtech16450yz; 05-19-2012 at 12:14 PM.
gmtech16450yz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
Git him David! lol.

Thanks for your help in that mess I got involved in, I appreciate it. I've finally given up over there, my head hurts from doing this too much .

I'm gonna gather up the web page links for the parts Jeb is using in case anyone else wants to go this route. Unfortunately, he's trying to use the same Devil's Own controller that I've been using and they're on backorder. It's the same controller ZZP uses, but under a different name. Does someone here want to do a little leg work and find out where these controllers are coming from? If we can find out where ZZP and Devil's Own gets them maybe we can go straight to the source. As of now I don't think Jeb has a controller for his setup. He can still get everything else put in though and he'll be ready to rock when he gets the controller.
Your welcome John.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Great My tuner is also an HP drug dealer.

I do want this. But I need to do it in the right order and build up the engine first. Im going to try and do that this winter.
You do not need to build the engine first. Do this first then build it later IF it ever breaks (LNFs do not die easily if they are tuned and maintained properly).
Old 05-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

Here's the links to the 5th injector kit parts...

Injector holder. This is the one that Jeb and I are using.

Additional Injector Holder Kit : atpturbo.com

This is another design, I kinda liked this design a little better because it had the dowels for support, but I went with ATP's only because they had all the other parts I needed. Both mounts would work fine. I ended up modifying the ATP mount with additional dowels for support.

Weld-in injector bung for EV1 and EV6 injectors DIYAutoTune.com

Here's the injector that Jeb is going to use, also what ZZP uses. I'm running quite a bit higher low side fuel pressure so I'm using a much smaller 5th injector. We're going to try running Jeb's at stock fuel pressure but with the bigger injector. Plus he should be able to make more power than my setup on the top end, especially after we let his turbo go full boost!

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=tp&Product_Cod e=MUM-FUL-023&Category_Code=FUL

Here's the injector connector...

Connector / plug for stand EFI injector : atpturbo.com

The fuel feed line is listed on my reciept as this... OL-FEED-(-04 SIZE)-1FT. I don't remember how I ended up with that particular line, I think it might be a custom line, but they do tons of those. The cost was $34 and I think it's something they normally stock. Maybe Jeb can help with this part since he just order it.

The fitting that goes into the top of the injector mount is ATP part number FTG-1/4" -4AN-MM-90. It's just a standard 90% fitting. Oh, BTW, for anyone doing this kit, make sure you take the Schrader valve out of the test port fitting before putting the new fuel feed line on it. (That should be obvious but you never know.)

Here's the controller, again, there's probably more sources for this part.

Progressive Water Alcohol Controller

Hope this helps guys.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
You do not need to build the engine first. Do this first then build it later IF it ever breaks (LNFs do not die easily if they are tuned and maintained properly).
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say! I had to try the retarded round-a-bout way to explain what I meant though.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #13 (permalink)

Great, then I might as well sell all my internals I bought that I wanted to put in. I put 6200 into just getting all that.
2007 Sky Redline: DDMWorks Charge Pipes & Intercooler, Solo Performance 3" Mach Shorty, ZZP S1 cams, Supertech Valve springs, BNR 2871, SPEC Stage 3+, Android "Torque" bluetooth RPD, HPT e47 tuned by TERM2. ???whp ???wtrq Dyno coming soon.

Last edited by 40rty; 05-19-2012 at 01:19 PM.
40rty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #14 (permalink)

We should stick with my screen name, I'm another David, so that would get really confusing.

I'm actually ok with skipping the internals. I agree, the blown engines we have scene have either been over boosted and/or poorly tuned. I'm fortunate enough to have 2 backup vehicles if something did happen. Turns out I have a GM specialty speed shop less than 5 miles from my house too. I've talked to numerous people and they have a great reputation so I now have local support for stuff that is beyond my skill level.

Guess I should start sourcing the seals and springs. How necessary is it to upgrade our stock rockers and lash adjusters especially if you have done the springs?

Old 05-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
We should stick with my screen name, I'm another David, so that would get really confusing.

I'm actually ok with skipping the internals. I agree, the blown engines we have scene have either been over boosted and/or poorly tuned. I'm fortunate enough to have 2 backup vehicles if something did happen. Turns out I have a GM specialty speed shop less than 5 miles from my house too. I've talked to numerous people and they have a great reputation so I now have local support for stuff that is beyond my skill level.

Guess I should start sourcing the seals and springs. How necessary is it to upgrade our stock rockers and lash adjusters especially if you have done the springs?
Yeah too many Davids around here LOL. Yes the stock rockers/lash adjusters are weak so upgrading the springs along with the rockers/lash adjusters is a must IMHO. I want you to be able to safely rev to 7400 or higher if you want to.

Last edited by Terminator2; 05-19-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Technical Saturn Sky Discussion