Door Handle Part numbers - Broken Door handle fix - Page 7 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Technical Saturn Sky Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Technical Saturn Sky Discussion Technical and performance aspects of the Saturn Sky Roadster. Sky Problems | Solutions | Repairs | Recalls | Tech Bulletins | Tech Tips | In the Manual Basic Tech

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #91 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

My Photos: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
This is very funny...I think I am losing my mind with this thread...HELP! I must be missing something.

Just to qualify the link we are talking about...does it have all the part numbers of the different door handles and pictures of both front and back of the handles and does it show black and chrome...just trying to see if all of us are talking about the same thing...or is this a moot point already?
The link in message #77 puts me back to this message that I'm typing, whatever the highest number message is in this thread. Of course, I have my settings to read in reverse chronological order.

After all the 12,000 or so messages you've done on this forum, one would think you'd have learned how to link to an individual message within a thread.

I'm assuming you wish to link to the first message in this thread. Try this:

Message #1

You get it from the link in the upper right of each message called (permalink)

2006 Solstice NA #000741

Last edited by DaveOC; 01-01-2013 at 10:15 PM.
DaveOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 10:57 PM   #92 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

My Photos: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOC View Post
The link in message #77 puts me back to this message that I'm typing, whatever the highest number message is in this thread. Of course, I have my settings to read in reverse chronological order.

After all the 12,000 or so messages you've done on this forum, one would think you'd have learned how to link to an individual message within a thread.

I'm assuming you wish to link to the first message in this thread. Try this:

Message #1

You get it from the link in the upper right of each message called (permalink)

NO...not that. Something is definitely wrong...but your link does give all the relevant info regarding the door handles needed for Marbling

Last edited by marlboromike; 01-01-2013 at 11:00 PM.
marlboromike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #93 (permalink)

Still feeling kind of stupid hereI`ve read this thread before updating it,but have no use of GMpart numbers and info.I want the Black ones,they have them on Ebay and Amazon,they dont ship to Sweden and they claim that the handles dont fit our cars..

Sorry,Mike,I cant find the info I need.

I just want it confirmed here, if possible, if I can buy them anyway?
Do they fit?

Pair of Chevy Impala Cobalt Front Black Outside Outer Exterior Door Handles | eBay
marbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #94 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

marbling, I don't know whether you followed up my earlier link over to the Solstice forum, but it should confirm that if it'll fit the 2006-2010 Cobalt, it'll fit our Solstices, Skys and GTs.

door handles again?? - Pontiac Solstice Forum

It is confirmed that the $19.67 covers getting both driver AND passenger side handles, both with keyholes, and has pictures of what you get. It's another Amazon vendor, so don't know about shipping overseas.

Chevy Cobalt Outside Front Driver and Passenger Side Replacement Door Handle with Key Hole : Amazon.com : Automotive Chevy Cobalt Outside Front Driver and Passenger Side Replacement Door Handle with Key Hole : Amazon.com : Automotive
2006 Solstice NA #000741
DaveOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #95 (permalink)

Thanks for helping!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #96 (permalink)

Hey, just finished this job. It's not that bad actually. GM giveth, and GM taketh away. The take part is the cheap-a$$ door handle, the giveth part is how easy that cable for the internal door handle re-clips in with that plastic part that holds it in place while you put stuff back together!

Thanks to all in this thread that contributed to making it easy. If anyone's looking for a driver's side door handle (chrome), I have one epoxy filled and for sale (check that forum), and if you're in the Toronto area I can give you a hand.

Massiv.
Massiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:12 PM   #97 (permalink)

Looked at my new handles yesterday.Havent unpacked them since I bought them from Ebay 2 months ago.
Seems that the left one is Gloss Black and the right one is Matt Black...

Well,I`m only gonna replace one of the Chromie handles for now anyway.Chrome handle on left side and Black handle on the Right side
Old 04-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbling View Post
Looked at my new handles yesterday.Havent unpacked them since I bought them from Ebay 2 months ago.
Seems that the left one is Gloss Black and the right one is Matt Black...

Well,I`m only gonna replace one of the Chromie handles for now anyway.Chrome handle on left side and Black handle on the Right side
Christer, I thought they were all matted black and ready for painting (That's what I have).. Where did this gloss black door handle come from? I would rather have them gloss black?
MARVIC 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #99 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
I know its old. But thanks for this thread! I noticed my handle kinda messed up this morning and thought someone had tried to break into my car. And... now I don't have to re plastidip some handles!

Sponsors:

BFGoodrich - K&N - Meguiars - Mishimoto - Corbeau - Extreme Dimensions - 2Crave - Halo Hydrographics - Precision Customs - South Texas Outlaws
Devlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Technical Saturn Sky Discussion