Need help w/ Tial BoV - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Technical Saturn Sky Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Technical Saturn Sky Discussion Technical and performance aspects of the Saturn Sky Roadster. Sky Problems | Solutions | Repairs | Recalls | Tech Bulletins | Tech Tips | In the Manual Basic Tech

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Need help w/ Tial BoV

Ok so I've searched and searched and tried and tried and I can't seem to get this working right. I followed millers post and it didn't seem to work and I tried following the pic on Dejon's website. Still can't get everything going.

I first installed everything and bought a Tial BoV w/ a 10 psi spring (-16 to -19in/hg), a compressor bypass valve clamp, and the charge pipes. (BoV was bought from a different vendor)

I installed everything according to the pictures and instructions I found here, and on the Dejon website, however the BoV would not go off. And I would hear some fluttering from the intake so I'm pretty sure the CBV clamp is working.

I then took a tip from Tial and just hooked the BoV directly up to the manifold only to find out the spring wasn't strong enough so my car idled like poop.

After this I decided to order the proper spring for the amount of vacuum produced. (-20in/hg ish)

So the car idles fine but then when first starting out it will only build 1-2 psi until I let off the gas, hear a tiny "pshhh" then immediately get back on the gas and will build proper boost afterwards which leads me to believe there is a boost leak somewhere w/ the BoV but at this point I have no idea.

I know this is probably way wrong but here is the way it is hooked up now. And partially why the hoses are as long as they are.

CBV clamp installed here

I'm TDY to Florida so the normal experts I have there to help me aren't around lol. So any help you guys can give would be awesome.
NOS Energy Drink K&N BFGoodrich Mishimoto Grafik iMPACT Energy Suspension Meguiars
Devlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
well that is nothing like the way i had mine setup bud. Also the Tial valves (as much as they are awesome) really dont work well on they sky. This is why most use synapse on the sky. Many ppl have had challenges getting them setup correctly.

Second where is the CBV line ran to? the hose just goes down in your pic. not sure what is going on there. That needs to be put on the boost side of the solenoid on the manifold per my install thread. I know my install works because I never had issues with it on my stock turbo. Ran flawlessly for over 20k miles.

PM me if you need more explanation, but if you have it put together like i do in this thread, you need to work on the getting the correct spring in the valve. Here is the post i threw to show the hose routing. Yellow hose in the image should be what is going to your CBV.

Synapse Synchronic BOV on Sky Red Line

Just follow the instructions on page one, and then work on the spring actuation in the valve itself. Good luck! and feel free to PM me if you need any clarification.
miller11386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Re: Need help w/ Tial BoV

Thanks for the reply. The way in the pictures I know is wrong. I initially hooked it up the way you had it but it wouldn't build boost. So the result there in the pic is the result of me trying everything I can think of. Right now I disconnected the external bov and am just using the stock recirculating one. It leaks boost at like 19psi but it keeps the car driveable atm. I'll have to take another look at it tomorrow and if I need some more help I'll pm you. Thanks again

And the hose that goes down, that was installed the way they show it on Dejons website. Using their "clamp".

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
NOS Energy Drink K&N BFGoodrich Mishimoto Grafik iMPACT Energy Suspension Meguiars
Devlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
i am unfamiliar with the clamp, but I would hook it up EXACTLY as I detailed in the thread. Remove the clamp and attach the stock BOV to the solenoid.

I am thinking that you may have the stock valve opening causing your issues, but I am unsure because that mod was done in 2010. I know that if you dont block off the stock bov or attach it to a boost source (like i had), it may open unexpectedly and cause issues.
miller11386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)
Agree with both.
You have 2 hoses attached wrong and currently don't have your BOV directly connected to the solenoid.

Connect the BOV to the Nipple that points towards the front of the car.
Connect Intake Manifold to the nipple that points to the driver side of the car
Maybe this picture will help describe what I am saying

I'm not short, I'm concentrated AWESOME
Elff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Technical Saturn Sky Discussion