Saturn Sky Forum banner

No brake lights without key

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  GaryH 
#1 ·
Has anyone else noticed this - when you press the brake pedal with the key not in the ignition - the brake lights do not light. With the key in the accessories or on positions the brake lights will light with engine off.

The tail lights come on with the hazard button - and with the remote lock or unlock - with no key in the ignition - just not with the brake pedal pressed.

I discovered this while working with Lawrence from Web Electric Products on a stage II sequential turn signal mod - where the entire wiring harness and the outer most bulb on each tail light assembly is replaced and which adds the third bulb to the sequence - so that you have inner-middle-outer lights come on in sequence with the turn signal. I had a little bit of trouble with the prototype and in diagnosing noticed the no brake lights with pedal but no key - he said a customer told him that same thing and he thought the guy was crazy - I can check my dad's 07 to see if it does the same thing a bit later today.

I am not sure if or when the mod will be offered, he mentioned that he had a problem with the supplier for one of the parts - the plan is for a complete plug in solution that requires no modification - not splicing or cutting - etc - and can be restored to factory original in a matter of minutes.

If he can solve the problem with the component supplier and I have no further problems then he will make a product available to the market. He is using the same circuit board and such on a mustang for over a year now with no problems so we are not sure at this point if the issue I had was something odd on my car - or something odd on all Skys.

See less See more
#2 ·
That's right. The brake lights will not work with the key off.

#3 ·
very interesting

I have checked a number of other cars and they all have brake lights with pedal pressed an no key.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.