Passenger Side Air Bag Sensor Replacement - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Technical Saturn Sky Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Technical Saturn Sky Discussion Technical and performance aspects of the Saturn Sky Roadster. Sky Problems | Solutions | Repairs | Recalls | Tech Bulletins | Tech Tips | In the Manual Basic Tech

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Passenger Side Air Bag Sensor Replacement

This short video should clear up some questions about replacing the passenger side air bar sensor.
Passenger Seat Air Bag Sensor.MOV - YouTube
Hoosier GXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 04:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

So Hoosier, I take it from your video ..... if my occupied passenger seat light does NOT illuminate, then the light sensor may be faulty or the air bag has a problem? Correct?

The mechanic shop, with test gear to test the air bag, informs me there is nothing wrong with the air bag's functionality. They quoted a repair cost of the status light, but thus far I have just trusted their word that the air bag will function. A light going on and off seems less than significant.

Your video does tell me what is actually supposed to be happening on the dash. Thanks for your effort.
skybus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybus View Post
So Hoosier, I take it from your video ..... if my occupied passenger seat light does NOT illuminate, then the light sensor may be faulty or the air bag has a problem? Correct?

The mechanic shop, with test gear to test the air bag, informs me there is nothing wrong with the air bag's functionality. They quoted a repair cost of the status light, but thus far I have just trusted their word that the air bag will function. A light going on and off seems less than significant.

Your video does tell me what is actually supposed to be happening on the dash. Thanks for your effort.

I don't think that the passenger side air bag is a problem. Most of what people here have experienced is either the light is malfunctioning or the seat sensor is faulty. I don't think that the passenger bag will deploy if the seat is not showing a passenger present. I am not sure how you would test the light to see if it is faulty.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

My video here was mostly to show that you don't have to visit a dealer to have the sensor reprogrammed. There was some discussion here on the forum about that. And also to show that most likely most models and years either Sky or Solstice would be a viable replacement. If you are experiencing a code or "light" in the DIC then you most likely have a problem with the sensor.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Try turning on the car without the module connected. Get an airbag fault. Then see if you don't need the dealer to calibrate.
Midnight Blue, Tan Top & Leather
Pilipshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilipshen View Post
Try turning on the car without the module connected. Get an airbag fault. Then see if you don't need the dealer to calibrate.

I will try that today and report back.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #7 (permalink)

I unhooked the passenger side seat sensor and started vehicle. The "service air bag" warning light appeared in the DIC. I then shut off the vehicle and plugged the sensor back in restarted vehicle and no service air bag was showing. Restarted vehicle a couple of times more just to confirm, still no light.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Technical Saturn Sky Discussion