Saturn Sky Forum banner

[reprot] change AR5 transmission fluid change

21K views 43 replies 10 participants last post by  lllfly 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I report you my today`s job.
I changed differential oil last week. Then I changed transmission oil today.
At first I had to remove under floor panel. Driver`s side bolts is OK but passenger side bolts was not able to remove alone.

Remove front muffler pipe from catalyst converter.

Remove drain bolt. I hear like a brow off air sound from transmission drain hole.

I guess that inside of atmospheric transmission case are different atmospheric.

???????????

Some guy knows about me, I living in Japan. I ordered this one for GM parts dealer in US. But this gasket was made in Japan. So ridiculous story I imported this parts from US, but this parts export to US from Japan.
I know AR5 export form Japan made by Aishin. It`s cannot be help.

Re-fill plug position was narrow space there. I used plastic pipe.
Then re-fill from engine room.

I found many metal powder in the pan. I decide change oil every 20000 mile.

See less See more
#4 ·
<JohnRR
Thanks comment. I selected GM OEM oil P/N89021806 75W-90 G3.
I bought 3 q, The case drink 2.7~2.8q.
I am ex-GM sales, I never used another brand fluid.
If possible I want report you shift feel after change oil, but I cannot drive car yet.
Differential drain plug seal can reuse, but trans drain plug seal cannot reuse.

#5 ·
<Miller11386
A little metal in the pan are pretty common on all transmissions changes.
thanks info. at first, It was some trouble I guess when I sow a pan.
Some time I had miss sift when I hear rasping sound from gear.
Maybe my miss sift made by this metal powder. I must take care when I sift change.

#7 ·
Thanks for the post.
Keep posting great info.
JohnRR I will order the gaskets this week.
Great winter job.
LLLFLY

#8 ·
<starkie
My Transam has AT. But 700-R4 had not drain hole.
So long time ago I changed aftermarket oil pan with drain hole.
It`s can easy fluid change. (of cause I have to remove oil pan when filter remove from valve body)
I never seem SKY AT yet. If you change your AT fluid next time, Please up your pics in this site.:cheers:

#9 ·
<lllfly
It`s my pleasure:thumbs: Every time this forum member helped me.
So If I can tell you my maintenance report, and that can help you, I would like to share information with you. :cheers:
Next weekend, my driver license back from police. I going to KYOTO.:D
So now I want to my SKY that keep good condition:lol:

#11 ·
<Ellf
Yes, you so correct. Over 70% cases were false charge in Japan. Me too.
It is too much strangeness that nobody do not grievance to organization of law system. Just anger.
We are fighting with the police about the traffic clamp down system.
I hear one US rumor. “Majority rule”. If this rumor is existent in US, it`s owelty system I think.
At least Police does not care about traffic safety, they only want get money from citizen people.

#12 ·
That sucks. Kudos to you for sticking up for yourself!!!

Alot of that is B.S. here too.
Tickets in the US are a source of income for the Police budget.
They really don't care about the safety either. That is simply the justification they use.

#13 ·
That sucks. Kudos to you for sticking up for yourself!!!

Alot of that is B.S. here too.
Tickets in the US are a source of income for the Police budget.
They really don't care about the safety either. That is simply the justification they use.
Ya! I will be my best! :cheers:
By the way, " Tickets in the US are a source of income for the Police budget"
That`s mean tickets is make change personal income for police right?
In Japan case, It`s not personal police income, government gather this fine and this money through to individual company. this company worker are all ex police.
That` company is "descent from heaven" company.:mad:

#14 ·
That sounds kind of shady.

In the US alot of local police departments have very limited and small budgets, so the tickets help pay for their costs including the salaries of the Police.

Is it true that in Japan, if you are going faster than a certain speed the cops will not chase you because their cars are not fast enough?

#15 ·
I would make a suggestion here - maybe you can modify the original how-to - ALWAYS check and remove the FILL plug FIRST (BEFORE draining your oil).

Nothing worse than having an empty transmission and a rounded-off fill plug (don't ask me how I know).

#16 ·
I understand US police situation. and If US police keep and protect law, I do not care about usage of fine.
My story is true. of coarse many Japanese dose not know the true.

if you are going faster than a certain speed the cops will not chase you because their cars are not fast enough?
I cannot say yes. because if I keep the speed limit, they will not chase me.
But they make a false accusation. FX you did not stop front side of line, or You did the dangerous lane change. etc etc.
This is so much bad case, but true story. this heinousness police dose not catch expensive big size import car. usually they catch small family cars.
So I am little bit danger when I drive SKY ( my Transam is more danger, because she have big engine sound. this situation give to police good catch reason) SKY and Transam is not big 4 door car.
If I drive Bentley, or Rolls I am so safe. They avoid big shot car.

#21 · (Edited)
I will admit, I love Tokyo Drift. DK's stunt driver was Tanner Faust
Me too. I have all series DVD. Especially I like first and first five.
but you know Japan road is so much narrow. we cannot smoke them.

Ellf
So sorry I had misunderstand your sentence mean. Now I understand your mean.
m(- -)m
Please do not believe all things about Tokyo road situation in the movie. In the movie “Han” said that Japanese police car is factory tune so they do not chase when even if they found over 180Km/h car.
It`s not true. Few years ago highway police car was R34 GTR with police tuned. (now they use Nissan 33 Z full tuned model) It that rumor that police tune make over 500HP. And their car have “Speed limit off switch”. Normally Japanese car have speed limit system. All car cannot run over 180Km/h. (German car have same system, but their setting is 250Km/h)
I know one guy who is too much bad boy. He raid monster motorcycle. One night he cruise over 200Km/h at near Tokyo highway, then Police car chased to him. He had increase speed over 250Km/h, but police never give up chase to him. At the end, he increase speed over300Km/h, they gave up chase to him.
That is true story, but if he drive a car, it was impossible and he could not escape, would be under arrest.
It was possible because of motorcycle with black market license plate.

And one more, nobody drift in tower parking.

#23 ·
Thanks for all of the clarification and WOW
Those are awesome Police cars!!!!!!!!

Would you happen to have any pictures of those police cars? or a link to a website that details them? I would have to think the police are very proud of those.

#25 ·
<Elff
If you have interested in Japanese police car.
click this one.
ŒxŽ@ŽÔ—¼�@�‚‘¬‹@“®‘à - Google ŒŸ�õ

I am sorry their mods are top secret. I know that car had have factory mods. So quiet engine sound, hard suspension system.
And one more. 4Door police car swapped engine to 2JZ with big turbo.
You guys just shattered my world
I am now going to be depressed all day
Your welcome!:jester:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.