Saturn Sky Forum banner

Side Window Adjustment... twice now?

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Robotech 
#1 ·
I've adjusted (down) my drivers side window twice now so it won't hit the convertible top. Is this normal to have to re-adjust it? Both times I had to lower the back portion so it won't hit when closing the door, and this weekend it started hitting again. I already read and made some adjustments according to this thread (Door Glass Comes in Contact with Convertible Top) and mentioned some other things I did in this thread (http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f5/convertible-top-adjustment-questions-77386/), which is why I went to the glass adjustment. Anything else I should be looking at, or just lower the glass again (for the third time...)?

Thanks...
Art

#2 ·
So last night I pull the door panel off to adjust the window... again (I should be able to do it in my sleep by now). Just to confirm I'm doing it correct, I've loosened the clamp bolt (#1 in the photo) and move the glass down in the clamp, the re-tighten. Is this correct?

And, what is the adjustment (#2 in the photos) next to the clamp nut for? You can see the adjustment bolt better in the second photo. Is that something I should be messing with (I haven't thus far)?

Thanks for the help guys...

Art

Attachments

#3 ·
Resurrecting this thread

Ok, really hoping for some help here. I don't drive the Sky very much (hopefully more next season!). Anyway, I was moving cars around today and pulled the Sky out of the shed, and when I shut the door, once again I noticed the side glass hitting the convertible top.... WTF!!! I really thought it was finally fixed, I've already adjusted the glass down twice so far... what is going on? Any suggestions....?

#4 ·
This probably won't make you feel better, but I've never been able to get mine just right. I can get it to not hit the top, but then the top seems "over-stretched" and I hear wind noise from the window with everything closed. If I back it off to the point where it's not making wind noise, then it hits the top.

I've given up and just started parking the car with the window down about 1mm. I have no problems with the passenger window, for what its worth.

#5 · (Edited)
Got the Sky out for the first time this year, went to a show in St. Ignace. So once again, I took the door panel off and adjusted the window down. This time I even pushed the glass forward a bit, thinking that might be the "fix" to this problem re-appearing. Well, before the weekend was over, my glass had once again creeped up and started hitting the convertible top when I close my door again, very frustrating! I really can't figure this out.....

#6 ·
I've never really gotten this resolved. Currently I "try" to remember to put the window down a tad before closing the door, and putting it back up once I'm in the car to stop the window leak sound. I was just wondering, what is actually in the door that acts as a "window stop" (or is there such a thing?)? Maybe all my adjusting of the glass is mute if there is a missing or broken window stop? Is there anything to that line of thought??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.