Saturn Sky Forum banner

Stock Throttle Body Pipe T Bolt Size

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Mark in INdiana 
#1 ·
I have been searching the forums looking for the proper size t bolt clamp for the stock pipe for the throttle body and the ic side. different sizes are all mentioned..., 3", 2.75", 3.1"...which is it?

#3 ·
I have replaced the stock clamps on the throttle body / intercooler hose with 3" T-bolt clamps from NAPA. I noticed during the install, that the new NAPA clamps had a 3/4" wide band while the stock throttle body clamp was slightly narrower at 5/8". It seemed like the 3/4" wide band might not squeeze and seal the hose onto the machined seat of the throttle body but on the throttle body hose retaining lip instead. There isn't room on the throttle body to simply reposition the clamp further up on the body. A question to those that have replaced the stock throttle body clamps with T bolt clamps - did you notice this and is this something to be concerned about? Are there T bolt clamps available with a 5/8" wide band? If so, who carries them? The NAPA clamp worked just fine on the intercooler pipe end of the throttle body hose. Thanks a lot for your help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.