Trifecta E85 tune - Page 9 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Technical Saturn Sky Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Technical Saturn Sky Discussion Technical and performance aspects of the Saturn Sky Roadster. Sky Problems | Solutions | Repairs | Recalls | Tech Bulletins | Tech Tips | In the Manual Basic Tech

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #121 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Clutch worked for 5,000 miles on trifecta 93 tune. Then had to go to the spec stage 3+ and flywheel after 500 miles on e85 tune. Discussed fueling problems with vince and the best solution was 2 gallons of 110 leaded per tank of e85. The e85 counteracts the lead buildup on the wideband and knock and cels are a thing of the past. 2 gals of 93 would work almost as good but just love the smell of turbo blue.
Spec stage 3
Solo Catless d/p
RK body kit
Fujita intake
A-pillar red digital gauges
HID's
Stang taillights
255/40/r18 Micky T Slicks
TRIFECTA TUNED
christine1377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 11:53 PM   #122 (permalink)

I was given a E47 Trifecta Tune....as soon as my gas light comes on I am filling up the 50/50 E85/91, loading the tune, and I'll let you know how it goes!
RickyN29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #123 (permalink)

Gas mileage/performance/reliability?

I'm sorry,
I've read through what seems this whole thread and can't seem to find a definitive answer as to whether the Trifecta e85 tune reduces or improves gas mileage/performance. I saw the what appeared to be a dyno graph but that's about it. I've had my car for going on five years without any aftermarket tune and am currently takin applications. Thanks in advance.
Pedders XA Coilovers
R.P.I. GT Exhaust
Team Dynamics Jade-R Wheels
"Live Life...'cause Life Happens."
[/COLOR]
Gabes Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #124 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)
So, to bring this thread back. Toward the end of this thread it looks like people are saying the engine can't get enough fuel with this tune and E85. Is this correct? Is anyone still running this tune? Issues?
premlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #125 (permalink)

I still run it and love it. Actually, log-wise, far easier on the engine too.

Now, my clutch on the other hand....well, it doesn't like the tune!
*Kappasphere Springs
*Clearview HIDs
Old 01-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #126 (permalink)

lol I bet not. Are you still on the stock clutch? How long have you had this tune? No issues with any parts deteriorating from the E85? The numbers this tune seems to give are exactly where I want my car to be and for far cheaper than other options.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #127 (permalink)

Well, I only drive the car about 200 miles a month so I probably only have 500 miles on this tune. No problems whatsoever, and from my research, I do not expect any issues.

The clutch is stock and I was fairly certain it was not going to like this power level!
*Kappasphere Springs
*Clearview HIDs
Old 02-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #128 (permalink)

So I think more people who have this tune need to weigh in here. This thread is very incomplete. I'm really wanting to get this tune, but I'm a little afraid my '09 RL with 75k miles won't hold up to it very well.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:51 PM   #129 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

Send a message via AIM to Sky4christ
So Venom and GXpripped (seems like you 2 have done the most commenting early on this tune) are you guys still running it or given up on it? (the e85 tune I mean)
Sky4christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #130 (permalink)

Not that this is your answer, but...

I have a Solstice and have the E47 Tune from Vince. I ran 6 tanks through the car in about 3 months until temps dropped in Jan and went back to 93 tune from Vince. During E47, I noticed considerable more power!! I did not notice any drop off in power due to fuel in upper RPMs but that is the reason I went with E47. Vince said E47 can get close to E85 in terms of power without fuel starvation and without some of the E85 potential issues. It does make fueling a little more difficult.

I have 275/45/18 Conti DW in back to hold the power better. Still was able to get squirrelly but only when I tried. Put on stock tires and it was like driving hard on cold wet roads...completely stupid. Went back to 93 tune and ran about 4 tanks through it and fuel gauge started acting up. Read that Techron is a fix. Rans a couple tanks of chevron through it as well as a bottle of Techron and all has been well. I run Amoco Gold most of the time and thats what was in car when fuel gauge acted up. My E85 station is called Mapco...probably not the best gas. At this point, I do not know if ethanol was the culprit or not.

I also tracked mpgs and noticed a consistent drop of about 10-12% compared to 93. This could be partially the larger tires fault as well. No tanks with 93 and large tires yet. The 10% drop in mileage is mostly offset by lower cost per gallon too. Here ethanol is not 10% cheaper than regular. In SD it is. Right now, 87 is 3.44 and E85 is 3.14. When I was using e85, it was a consistent 20 cents less than 87. During E47, I tried half 87 octane as well as 93 and noticed no difference in anything.

Installed backbone, venom brace and pro beam after going back to 93 tune and that makes the car stick alot better. I was looking for improvement but was not expecting as much as I got. When I go back to E47 I will probably not be able to get sideways.
juspimpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #131 (permalink)

Well I am still running it.

Significantly less incident of knock at high boost pressure.

I used to run alcohol injection on a previous turbo application (3000GT VR4) so I am familiar with the process.

From logs on 91 octane compared to e47, I am far more comfortable with engine safety on the e47 tune.

I honestly can't see any reason NOT to run this tune unless e85 fuel availability is an issue for you.
*Kappasphere Springs
*Clearview HIDs
Old 03-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #132 (permalink)

What does that tune cost
Leppyxr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #133 (permalink)

no i dont run it anymore since i found out that vince cant monitor fuel pressure and apparently sucks at tuning anything more than a stock vehicle. apparently hes blown up a few lnfs.
Self Tuned With HPTuners|Solo Street Race Exhaust Magnaflow Mufflers|Solo Catless DP|GMR 8K HIDs|Parking Light Leds|License Plate Leds|Little Chromies|3rd Brake Light Vinyl:REDLINE|GMR Pulsating and Sequential Taillights|
|V3nom| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by |V3nom| View Post
no i dont run it anymore since i found out that vince cant monitor fuel pressure and apparently sucks at tuning anything more than a stock vehicle. apparently hes blown up a few lnfs.
Can you post urls of instances where the Trifecta tune directly caused engine blow ups? I hadn't heard that they'd had any problems that way.
1957 Jamaican bodied MGA
1965 Jensen CV8,
1971 Jensen Interceptor
1969 Lamborghini Islero S
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT (sold)
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
2013 Mazda 3 Sport
Bill in BC
wspohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #135 (permalink)

I can think of one. Or it may have been his double 100% meth injection, which I believe was encouraged by him. To be fair that was not on a stock turbo. His tuning may be ok for stock turbos.
Coupe 993 5mt. GMPP CAI, GMPP tune+ HPT, 3 inch catlles ext. Dejon Ic and Piping, AME w-m, Garrett Manifold, EFR 6758, Werks springs, 5th injector E42, CCW Werks rims 285 front-305 rear PScup's. Zok cross member, sway bars, back bone, LVFB. 407 WHP.

Last edited by L-N-F'n; 03-22-2013 at 12:24 PM.
L-N-F'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Technical Saturn Sky Discussion