This is why my passenger airbag doesn't work. - Page 5 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Technical Saturn Sky Discussion
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Technical Saturn Sky Discussion Technical and performance aspects of the Saturn Sky Roadster. Sky Problems | Solutions | Repairs | Recalls | Tech Bulletins | Tech Tips | In the Manual Basic Tech

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 07:44 AM   #61 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilipshen View Post
Turn on the car without the module connected. Then try to clear you airbag fault.

I will try that today and report back.
Hoosier GXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #62 (permalink)

I unhooked the passenger side seat sensor and started vehicle. The "service air bag" warning light appeared in the DIC. I then shut off the vehicle and plugged the sensor back in restarted vehicle and no service air bag was showing. Restarted vehicle a couple of times more just to confirm, still no light.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier GXP View Post
I unhooked the passenger side seat sensor and started vehicle. The "service air bag" warning light appeared in the DIC. I then shut off the vehicle and plugged the sensor back in restarted vehicle and no service air bag was showing. Restarted vehicle a couple of times more just to confirm, still no light.
Thanks for Guinea pigging this. It looks like a used seat with a working sensor is a viable option.
carnut122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnut122 View Post
Thanks for Guinea pigging this. It looks like a used seat with a working sensor is a viable option.
With some of the quotes I have seen here from dealers and the like's I would have to agree. I may have to put the seat bottom I have up for sale now that I know it will work.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:22 AM   #65 (permalink)

Cross-posting this on behalf of member TomShadow on the SoslticeForum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomShadow
TIME FOR ACTION !

Every time I see another owner complain of this problem it just infuriates me. If the fix for this problem was cheaper I guess it wouldn't matter so much, but the cost is HIGH. Also, for every person who is online and reports this defect, there must be hundreds and hundreds more who don't know about this forum and have the same problem.
I am asking all of you who have this problem (or had this problem and fixed it) to join myself and several others who have already done so, to file a complaint with the National Highway and Traffic Administration. The 'how to' follows:

Before starting you MUST have your VIN # handy.

Go to the following website: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

Click on "Begin Online Form" in the 'Vehicle Complaint' box.
In Box 1, enter your VIN number and pick your car from the drop-down list.
In Box 2, enter the date when you first noticed the problem, mileage, and speed (if any) In the 'Affected Part' box, enter "AIR BAGS"

Below that there is a box to describe the problem. Following is what I wrote; feel free to use any or all of it as it pertains to your circumstance.

The air bag sensor in my vehicle failed shortly (2 mos) after its 'bumper-to-bumper' warranty expired. Any passenger in the car faces added risk if an accident were to occur. It is my understanding that the owner's cost to fix this item is prohibitive ($500 - $800), and that the early failure of this part is somewhat common for this vehicle.

After this, drop down to enter contact info, then click on 'Verify Your Entries'. This will verify that the form was filled out correctly. If not you can make changes.
If everything is OK, click on 'Submit Complaint'.

DONE!!

If we all act together as a community perhaps we can persuade action (with a nudge from the NHTSA) on the part of GM to help fix this commonly defective part.

Thank you all for the time spent reading this, and I hope those of you out there affected will follow through.
(Doing this as a favor, I have no affiliation or knowledge of status etc. Original post here: DIC:: SERVICE AIR BAG - Familiar to anyone? - Page 6 - Pontiac Solstice Forum)
Old 05-30-2013, 11:51 AM   #66 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Torquenstein
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomShadow View Post
TIME FOR ACTION !

Every time I see another owner complain of this problem it just infuriates me. If the fix for this problem was cheaper I guess it wouldn't matter so much, but the cost is HIGH. Also, for every person who is online and reports this defect, there must be hundreds and hundreds more who don't know about this forum and have the same problem.
I am asking all of you who have this problem (or had this problem and fixed it) to join myself and several others who have already done so, to file a complaint with the National Highway and Traffic Administration. The 'how to' follows:

Before starting you MUST have your VIN # handy.

Go to the following website: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

Click on "Begin Online Form" in the 'Vehicle Complaint' box.
In Box 1, enter your VIN number and pick your car from the drop-down list.
In Box 2, enter the date when you first noticed the problem, mileage, and speed (if any) In the 'Affected Part' box, enter "AIR BAGS"

Below that there is a box to describe the problem. Following is what I wrote; feel free to use any or all of it as it pertains to your circumstance.

The air bag sensor in my vehicle failed shortly (2 mos) after its 'bumper-to-bumper' warranty expired. Any passenger in the car faces added risk if an accident were to occur. It is my understanding that the owner's cost to fix this item is prohibitive ($500 - $800), and that the early failure of this part is somewhat common for this vehicle.

After this, drop down to enter contact info, then click on 'Verify Your Entries'. This will verify that the form was filled out correctly. If not you can make changes.
If everything is OK, click on 'Submit Complaint'.

DONE!!

If we all act together as a community perhaps we can persuade action (with a nudge from the NHTSA) on the part of GM to help fix this commonly defective part.

Thank you all for the time spent reading this, and I hope those of you out there affected will follow through.
Doing this ASAP!

To the GM CSR that frequents this message board. Would it be a good idea to completely remove the passenger seat from the car? I feel as if leaving the seat in there would leave me legally responsible for the wanton endangerment of the passenger as I, the owner and operator of said vehicle, am aware of the factory defect.

Please let us know when there is a factory recall for this critical safety issue, so that I can convert my GM one seater roadster, back into a two seater.

Best regards!
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Technical Saturn Sky Discussion