King Penn (an introduction and history) by WindRestrictor - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn Sky Forum Saturn Sky Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Supporting Vendors > Wind Restrictor
Register Home Forum  /  Current Posts Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Wind Restrictor WindRestrictor.com

SkyRoadster.com is the premier Saturn Sky Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (4)
King Penn (an introduction and history) by WindRestrictor

I just wanted to take the time to let this forum know a little bit about us. We know many of you well already and have made some great friends here. This is not a thread to sell our products, as there are many more for that. This is simply an introduction to all of you new members and a brief history in the making for all of our friends and supporters.

We've had the opportunity to speak with many of you and this has been a popular request. We appreciate the opportunity that was given us to become supporting vendors to this fine SKY forum and hope that we can continue to support it as time passes. I've included a few video links for any of you that like watching videos.

Here is our myspace for all of you that have it... MySpace.com - King Penn Industries - 98 - Male - Garland, Texas - www.myspace.com/windrestrictor

The laser etched and illuminated wind deflector was invented by Robert King Pennington just after the turn of the century. The first roadster that it was designed for was the Mercedes SLK (his personal vehicle). Young Robert was an entrepreneur from the very beginning and was as creative as they come. Back porch projects were becoming almost a daily thing as Robert grew older and became more and more interested in cars and “fixing them up”. It was very normal for my grandfather not to be able to find his power tools because Robert had them scattered about the back porch, the back yard or at his apartment. Fast forward a little bit and he started testing the market with private dealers getting all of the feedback that he could. Eventually he became convinced that the product would be in big demand and made the decision to start producing "Windrestrictors" as he called them. Here's a clip off of the about us section on our website.

VIDEO: http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=19732361
[/COLOR] [/SIZE][/FONT]
About Us
Wind Restrictor , a division of King Penn Industries, was founded by Robert King Pennington who in 1997 went through a liver transplant and battled to save the remainder of his life. Robert felt his ideas and talents were inspired by God and money never came first in his business. The prices of Wind Restrictor products are reasonable and the quality is superb according to thousands of satisfied customers. Unfortunately Robert lost his battle with his health and was called away on April 24th of 2007. Just before his passing he was approached by many dealerships and other automotive companies, to expand his product line and business, and he realized this could no longer be a small home based business that he could handle just on his own. Upon his passing his amazing God-loving family, who have stood by him, and believed in him have chosen to continue his legacy by taking the business to the next level. Wind Restrictor is growing, bringing out new products and carrying on business in a way that we know Robert would be proud. He is still with us in spirit.

It is Robert's vision and desire to offer the best wind blockers (Wind Restrictor ) on the market today that not ONLY offer the deflection of wind turbulence but at the same time offer the patent pending features of illumination and high-end laser etchings to promote your roadster, business or car club.

Robert was known for talking to customers for literally hours at a time like he had known them all his life. He had a kind heart and was very generous. He made many friends in many parts of the world before he passed away and those friends we are still in contact with today.

VIDEO: http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=39033150
As we began to see Robert getting sick and at the same time working harder and harder to satisfy customers we knew that something had to change. He would hire all of his friends and would always end up getting more and more in debt. Somehow God saw fit for us to make time to begin helping him and we were incorporated in no time at all. Our first building which Robert picked out was near downtown Dallas and we stayed there for over a year. We’re now located in Garland which is a lot closer to home for most of the staff. We strive to always provide the top quality product that our founder created and nothing less. Much time and effort goes into each project order that is received. We have lots of fun helping people personalize their roadsters and could not wish for anything else to do in the world! Below you will see some of our photos growing Roberts legacy.

Our first wall in the new office. = )

Our President! (white hat) = )

not sure about this one... lol

This was a bunch of fun!

GETTING ORGANIZED... I think? :eek

MORE ON THE WAY IN 2 MINUTES

*Discount Code:Paul
*Block wind turbulence.
*Personalize your Saturn Sky.
*Custom Illuminated Door Sills
*Home of the original Windrestrictor®

972-487-5987

Last edited by Wind Restrictor; 04-24-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Wind Restrictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2008, 06:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

Roberts SKY, now a marketing vehicle. I hope we can do a run with you guys one day! ?

And our other marketing vehicle! lol (gosh these are nice) owned by Pam and Ashli.

Us set up in Vegas with TONS of roadsters! yaaaa!

This is one of our sponsored cars. Thanks to ROGER FREESOL (it will be seen in the FAST and FURIOUS part 4 with Vin Deisel and ALSO Night Rider to be seen this fall on NBC.

Some of the staff in Vegas!
[/QUOTE]

*Block wind turbulence.

972-487-5987
Old 08-14-2008, 06:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

Just incase some of you may not know this beautiful young lady,

SKYBABY! One of our most valued friends on here. Came to visit us after Roberts passing here in Dallas. We have some things planned in the future to do together and we are really excited about it.

Here's our corporate display board. Notice me all the way at the bottom!
Heck I barely made it on the board. We have such a great staff. We have all pulled together to try and make Roberts vision a reality. Thanks so much for those of you who have been a part of it and to those of you WHO HAVE TRUSTED us with your roadsters!!!

*Block wind turbulence.

972-487-5987

Last edited by Wind Restrictor; 08-14-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

And finally, giving credit to where credit is due. Here's young Robert working away as always to build his business and satisfy his customers no matter what. He would want you to know that the credit is due to his creator.

Thanks for taking time to check this thread out. We're so thankful to all of you for making this one of the best forums in the world!!!!!!!

Roberts recent release that he began working on at the beginning of 07.

VIDEO: http://youtube.com/watch?v=oZQJGFArqAg

Robert when he was first starting out with just the help of BETH!!!! His Fiance. Thanks so much to beth.

*Block wind turbulence.

972-487-5987

Last edited by Wind Restrictor; 08-14-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

The front of Roberts new office/shop here in Dallas.
Please stop by if you are ever in the neighborhood!!!!!
We have a big sign out front now so you can tell it's us..

*Block wind turbulence.

972-487-5987
Old 08-14-2008, 07:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

My Photos: (7)
Send a message via AIM to SteveSky67 Send a message via MSN to SteveSky67 Send a message via Yahoo to SteveSky67
Steve and the great folks at WR.com...I want to thank you for a great product, i get compliments on the WR everytime!!!! You are the best!!

For Steve, thanks for be patience with me in the creation of a fine WR!!! And if there is anything i can do for you just ask!!
Attached Thumbnails
King Penn (an introduction and history) by WindRestrictor-wr6.jpg   King Penn (an introduction and history) by WindRestrictor-wr7.jpg  
08/10/07 Order Date
09/11/07 Picked Up
04/03/09 PAID IN FULL
04/18/09 TITLE IN HAND
20 Time Trophy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedred View Post
I've taken a rear-ending or two in my day, but I've never been slammed like that! :eek:
SteveSky67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

Marlboro Mike

A personal thanks is due to Marlboro Mike. A true friend of Roberts. Your kindness, inspiration and advice will never be forgotten.

I can't wait to show you guys what's next on our list here at King Penn. JUST WAIT!!!!!

*Block wind turbulence.

972-487-5987
Old 08-14-2008, 07:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

My Photos: (7)
Send a message via AIM to SteveSky67 Send a message via MSN to SteveSky67 Send a message via Yahoo to SteveSky67
I agree, MM was kind enough to hook up the electrical on my sky..will never forget it!
08/10/07 Order Date
09/11/07 Picked Up
04/03/09 PAID IN FULL
04/18/09 TITLE IN HAND
20 Time Trophy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedred View Post
I've taken a rear-ending or two in my day, but I've never been slammed like that! :eek:
SteveSky67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

Fixing up our front office in new location. We've had to tell many stories because of this wall.

ANOTHER VIDEO
MySpaceTV Videos: WINDRESTRICTOR (Robert King Pennington) by Stephen

-

*Block wind turbulence.

972-487-5987

Last edited by Wind Restrictor; 08-14-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to EndiSky
You gotta sticky this one to the top of the WR section, people need to know the heart behind the product!

Miss you guys.
Current Mods:So-Cal WR- RK Hood-2Tone Paint-ASAP ClearBra & PinStripe-RPI GT Exhaust-Fujita Dual Cone CAI-Billet Grill-Painted Calipers-Painted FB Cover-Eibach Pro-Kit-XIX 20's-JPM Seat Belt Loops-Saturn Motorsports Headers & Throttle Body
EndiSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

Just wanted people to know a little bit about Roberts company. Thanks also you guys for the great feedback we have been able to add to the site. It's always great to get testimonials as we continue to grow. We've got some really exciting stuff coming up real soon that Rob would be proud of for sure.

*Block wind turbulence.

972-487-5987
Old 08-14-2008, 09:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

My Photos: (13)
This is a touching tribute to Robert...and his family and friends. Steve, this thread was done so well...and a fine introduction to future members...Of all products sold for our car, this is probably the best noticed and desired.
marlboromike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)
Keep up the great work, you all know at King Penn how I feel about you and your product. Ashli is supposed to make sure that I get some cards and info to hand out to interested people.
Ric
Old 08-15-2008, 01:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

Ric,

send me your address again to sales@windrestrictor.com and I'll get them out to you today! Thanks so much for your support.

Thanks MM

*Block wind turbulence.

972-487-5987
Old 08-15-2008, 04:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
First 2000 Sr. Member

My Photos: (12)
i love it!!!!! SkyBaby
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Supporting Vendors > Wind Restrictor