Saturn Sky Forum banner

F/S Totaled/Salvaged SKYs Thread

20K views 108 replies 20 participants last post by  SkyVue2 
#1 ·
2009 Saturn Sky Ruby Red Redline - $600 Belleville, MI
https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/d/2009-saturn-sky-ruby-red/6437972161.html (pics)

2009 Saturn Sky Ruby Red Redline for sale, 2.0 turbo motor,212xxx miles, runs great, auto trans. CAR HAS FRAME DAMAGE, VERY COSTLY TO FIX!!!. Clear title, good top, interior, motor and trans, tires bought last summer. Not the original owner, will not entertain a bunch of questions, car does start and will move under its own power but front tire is rubbing against frame. $600.00 price is rock solid. Can show all day today (12/26/2017), otherwise will have to wait til 3:00pm for remainder of week. show contact info
Steven.

#48 ·
I'm officially out...I have a feeling Jamie blew a head gasket in her Veloster and the things are not cheap to replace. I don't have the time to do it otherwise I'd knock it out. I pulled an engine in one of these things and that sucked enough.

We'll see what our friend says today. He's got a shop and is running some tests on it to confirm what we believe it is but any extra money I had probably will be going to ARP head studs and a new head gasket...and labor...lots of labor.

#51 ·
Tommy does great work, but does not work on the weekends. I am having him paint the underneath of my hood, repaint the big mirrors and possibly the headlight areas. I am thinking about buying an RK hood and have Tommy Paint and fit it. I just don't like the looks of Norm's hoods. Asked about a 1967/427 hood, but never got a reply on it. I like the RK because of the similarities to the 70 Chevelle 454 hood. Need to make up my mind on that pretty quick. Still hoping the light bar gets here intime to put it on for the all GM show in April.

#54 ·
2008, Auto, 130,000 Miles, $3,000, Sumiton/Dora
https://huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/d/2008-saturn-sky/6543809802.html
Sellers comments:
Automatic, non turbo, with 130k miles. Needs finishing, but runs and drives fine. It has a salvage title, but can be issued a rebuilt title when finished and inspected. Comes as pictured, with no front bumper. It didn't have one when I got it. I will throw in 2 headlights.

#56 ·
I sent a craigslist communica to the Milwaukee Parts Shop about their posting (above). A surprising reply entails the mileage on the car pictured,......... 23,000 miles!! Here is the Parts Shop's reply:

"This car is in great shape and is ashamed that I didn't just put it back together. It only has 23000 miles on it. But it has a salvage title and has been used for parts for another one of the same color that did not have a salvage title. I am dismantling it now with intent of using the chassis and drivetrain for another project. It seems you know these cars well so perhaps you may want to take advantage of some of the impossible to find parts that I will be throwing in my scrap bin? It is a turbo."

DaveOC comes to mind as I believe this shop is in your area, but it is NOT a Solstice (red though, LOL).

#62 ·
Facebook--Make sure you read the post since a few parts are already spoken for.

Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky/Opel GT/ Daewoo G2X owners

Kenneth LeBlanc/2009 Saturn Sky Partout
Raleigh, NC
Selling every part off of my car, pm me for anything you want. EFR 6258, werks ic, all braces, MBRP Exhaust, bigger injectors, and much more pm for details.

#66 ·
Ad doesn't mention salvage title.
2007 Saturn Sky Red Line - $3000 Edgewater, FL
https://daytona.craigslist.org/cto/d/2007-saturn-sky-red-line/6732117231.html (pics)

2007 Saturn Sky red line. Drives and runs great! 4 brand new tires, and battery.Been hit in a wreck,, NO frame damage, or internal front end damage.. cosmetic damage only right at a hundred thousand miles.. still driven everyday.... Come check it out first 3000 takes it

This post has been deleted
#74 ·
Buyer beware. This isn't listed as salvage, but it appears to be pictured in a salvage yard.
It mentions "cheapvehicledeal" which doesn't seem to work, and cheapvehicledeals just frames copart dot com, which doesn't have any Skys in Michigan listed.

Kinda makes me think it's someone trying to get traffic to a site, or they forgot the part before the comma.

#73 ·
The ad says clean title and the condition is listed as excellent, so definitely not salvage. Probably at a used vehicle auction yard.

It looks like a good buy even if it has to be parted out because of some hidden mechanical problem.

#75 ·
Folks, I deleted the post because the more I think about it the more I feel its not legit. I posted a another of cheap vehicle deal ads on the Sol forum and then reported the ad to craigslist as a scam. If this pops up again I'll report it to CL. You know what they say, if something sounds too good, it probably is.

#77 ·
Vehicle for sale - $700 (Decatur, Ga) NO TITLE
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/cto/d/decatur-vehicle-for-sale/6795088121.html (pics)

2008 Saturn Sky for sale. 5 speed, need clutch left front tire and ride side fender repair. All other parts work on this vehicle. Can repair or sale for parts. The vehicle is in my name and paid in full. but I do not have the title. Purchased brand new by my dad. I am the second owner. If you want to use for parts this car is for you. You can make more money selling for parts. $750.00. If interested please send text to show contact info
. Due to my work schedule I will return calls at my earliest convenience. Thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.