Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum - View Single Post - My review of (in my opinion)the best paint repair product on the market Dr. Colorchip
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
MattM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
My review of (in my opinion)the best paint repair product on the market Dr. Colorchip

I realized that I probably should have posted my original thread in this forum for people who want/need to fix paint issues. This product was amazing for me and if you really want to fix bigger issues with your paint I definitely recommend the Dr. Color Chip. All of the work I did last year on my car with the nasty chips I had still looks great! Here is first post of that thread. I included the end results in that thread as well.

So this review is for the Dr. Colorchip paint Chip Repair product. The URL to the site is Dr. ColorChip Automotive Paint Chip Repair Kit - Dr. ColorChip: Automotive Paint Chip Repair Systems

Anyway, the product says that you "dab then smear over the chip." They also get your paint code so the paint you get for your car is matched to it perfectly.

The directions tell you to take the brush that comes in the kit and fill it with the paint and dab around the chip then use the glove to smear into the chip. Wait from two minutes up to an hour, and then you're supposed to take another product called "sealact" and LIGHTLY rub the excess paint off. Once you get the paint off you are then supposed to immediately buff to a shine.

Now I can understand their instructions for a few chips at a time, but what about the massive crater field that is on both fender flares infront of the back wheels? I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.

Here is a picture of the crater field (and it's like that on both sides)

My review of (in my opinion)the best paint repair product on the market Dr. Colorchip-colorchip1.jpg

You can also see on the rear fender in front of the rear wheel that area being much much whiter. Ugh! It's terrible!

My review of (in my opinion)the best paint repair product on the market Dr. Colorchip-new-wheels-3.jpg

So clearly "dab and smear" isn't really going to work for me since I have so many paint chips to deal with, so I decided I would actually "smear" a large enough amount to cover all of the chips. The first time I did this I used the "sealact" to wipe the excess, but I used too much pressure which didn't really yield the results I was looking for. Here is what it looked like after the first time. I think there is a difference but I wasn't happy.
My review of (in my opinion)the best paint repair product on the market Dr. Colorchip-0426171918.jpg

Not liking those results I went back and put the paint onto a folded up paper towel to smear over the chips in a smoother fashion. I then used the "sealact" again but with much less pressure and have to say that I'm pretty impressed with the results!
My review of (in my opinion)the best paint repair product on the market Dr. Colorchip-clean-car-2.jpg
Long story short. If you have that same problem with paint chips in the area in front of your rear wheels I definately recommend Dr. Paint chip. I would say just to make sure you use a paper towel to smear the paint fully over the area and then LIGHTLY wipe with the "sealact." It should work for you as well!

Link to thread: https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f...product-85594/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0411170721.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	468.1 KB
ID:	102429  

Last edited by MattM; 07-13-2018 at 12:40 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome