Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum - View Single Post - Turbo Upgrade - THoughts or Suggestions
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 08:53 AM
KappaTarbo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elff View Post
The DDM CLUTCH SUCKS!!
You will hate your car every time you have to start it from a dead stop in first gear.
I installed the DDM clutch when I replaced my engine last winter. It is almost an on/off switch when first installed. I feel like the clutch has an extremely long break in period (or maybe learning curve). After about 5,000 miles it gets alot easier (or maybe you just GIT GUD). If all you do is drive around town and cruise in the car I say skip the clutch and just stick with stock. But if you drive aggressively on twisty roads then you will like it. It makes rev match down shifting alot smoother and easier. Also the RPM hang on up shifts is significantly reduced. Those two factors were enough for me to keep the clutch and just deal with it on my daily commute. Also NVH is increased as well. I have about 14,000 miles of driving on the setup so far.

08 Carbon Flash Redline 5 Speed
LDK long block. DDM Works clutch kit, brace bundle, oil catch can and SS brake lines. Stoptech Sport pads with ATE Type 200 fluid. Fujita intake and charge tubes. Gutted stock downpipe. Tuned with HP Tuners.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome