Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum - View Single Post - Fuel shuts off when filling tank
View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Moosebreath

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWR View Post
As I understand it, once the canister is clogged it is done, and drying out doesn't help. That may or may not be correct as I have not experienced it.

Moose: If you weren't seeing the fuel backing up and then not backing up I would advise that you should use the same pump every time if you are trying to find out what is causing the problem. A different pump, even at the same station, can be set for more or less back pressure.

Since you can actually see a difference in how the fuel is going into the tank I am more inclined to think it is the car. Maybe the vent solenoid valve is intermittently getting stuck closed, since I don't know what else could cause this. (You are turning the car off to fuel it, I am sure.)
Yes. Car is off when fueling. It is or was the car. I pulled the nozel out and watched the gas back up till it almost spilled out then it went back down. I would put more in, real slow and within 5 seconds it was ready to overflow again. I repeated that process several times. Then today put ten bucks in like normal, full speed and was fine. I will keep folks posted if it happens again. That is maddening to try and fill your car up and it takes two forevers to get it done. Gremlins?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome