Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum - View Single Post - Fuel shuts off when filling tank
View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 05:25 PM
Robotech
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1701 Post(s)
Garage
Okay, there is a way to get to the canister without dropping the tank but I'm not familiar with this Ball Rollover Valve...

The Canister is on top of the tank next to the pump assembly. You can't reach it through the hatch for the pump assembly though. So what people do, is the remove the hatch for the pump assembly then cut the floor of the trunk to extend that opening out over the canister. Then then take the piece of the floor they cut out, bolt it to the pump assembly hatch in the two or three places the hatch originally screwed to that part of the floor, and then make some tabs they can bolt to that removed floor assembly that will hand over the remaining floor assembly in the car and screw down into that. Obviously when the trunk carpet goes back in you can't see any of the modification. Really this is what GM should have done to begin with but they didn't. I know there is a writeup on here somewhere and naturally the dealership won't do this but there is a way to save you some considerable fundage.

Now if someone has a parts diagram of the gas tank and we can figure out this rollover ball valve thing we might be able to help find an alternative to this.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome