Saturn Sky Forum banner

flywheel and pressure plate bolt specs

8K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  TopDown13 
#1 ·
Hello,

What is the proper diameter, length, and thread pitch of the flywheel and pressure plate bolts?

I am looking for replacements to use with a new clutch and flywheel. I am seeing conflicting data on the usual parts outlets and no data from ARP.

Thanks in advance!

#4 · (Edited)
Torque specs are 39ft/lbs +25 degrees on the LE5 flywheel. Aftermarket flywheels may be different.

Here are the dimensions. I got these using a Google search. First found the part number for the original GM bolt then found a website that listed the dimensions. This is for the 2.4 LE5. If someone wants to do it for the 2.0 LNF, they now know how to find it.

Dimensions: m10x1.25x23.5
Site found: Buy GM 11570626 Bolt, genuine OEM part
Part number (to verify this is the correct bolt): 11570626
ARP Vauxhall/Opel 2.0L 16V, 8 pieces: 209-2801

The ARP bolt kit is a M10X1.25X0.985" bolt with a low profile head. 23.5mm = 0.925". Considering it's for an Opel 2.0 and comes with 8 bolts I'm betting that's going to fit our cars.

The LNF 2.0 turbo uses 8 of these bolts. The LE5 2.4 uses 6 of these bolts.

#10 · (Edited)
Redline and 2.4 both use the same bolts. Only difference is the Redline uses 8 while the 2.4 uses 6.

I'm betting this is FOR our Redline...after all it is a 2.0 engine that was used in the Opel GT...LOL I bet APR just doesn't know it yet.

(Key word, YET)

The key measurement is the length. The ARP bolt is listed with a UHL of 0.985"...meaning an Under Head Length. I don't know if the GM 23.5mm measurement is also UHL or overall length.

If someone has a flywheel bolt they can measure with some digital calipers, can you get me a UHL and overall length measurement?

Also, I didn't find a pressure plate bolt that would fit our cars in ARP's inventory.

For the 2.4, it's an M7X1.0X27.75 (all mm) bolt. GM Part number 11519056. You need 6.

I can't confirm if it's the same for the 2.0 at this time.

#13 ·
For what its worth, I have never seen anyone, anywhere, specify a cap screw (hex or socket head) by its overall length. Countersunk head screws are measured by overall length, but nothing else.
So the body of the ARP bolt is 1/16" or 1.5mm longer than the GM bolt.

#14 ·
Yeah. I did the Google search too. It didn't yield all the info (missing head height, different uhl listed, etc.).

That's what made me really look into it and to to start this thread. I have also read that the ARP head needs to be machined down to work on the LE5.

I was definitely looking for a non TTY solution. A member on another forum offers a customized fastener.

I am curious what the head height is on that spec cap head bolt...

On most of my older GM stuff I just run down to mcmaster and pick up a box of high grades. 25 for $10. Lol.

#15 ·
That "member on another forum" is who PM'd me about the first post. He normally doesn't participate on forums owned by this company. Not sure why but I respect his call. We're talking about that now. I don't think it's necessary to clear, but he does it to be sure it clears without question...I'm still asking questions. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.