Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum - View Single Post - Stereo Head Unit Replacement - RasPi OpenAuto
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Bpm009

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
So I do have a challenge if anyone is interested. My current speed bump is that I want to mount the display to the face of the Double Din mount. I would like to have it removable without having to take apart then entire dash. I've attached pictures of the front and back of the display as well as the Double Din mount you're all probably familiar with. Any ideas? Magnets were my best idea but I'm worried to use anything stronger than magnetic rolls with electronics so close. I didn't get a very good hold because they are weak magnets.

There are (4) M3 screws to be used for mounting on the rear of the display but I can't figure out how to incorporate them in such a way as to be able to remove the screen from the mount. Backup plan is to use the screws to put two flat bars across the back to hold it against the mount frame. Won't be able to remove the screen without dash teardown but much easier solution.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gm1599b_6.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	105383   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pi_Screen-01.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	105385   Click image for larger version

Name:	RPI-DISPLAY-4-1000x667.jpg
Views:	21