Saturn Sky Forum banner

Cup holder

5K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  marlboromike 
#1 ·
Hello all, I am looking for a cup holder / passenger console flip out one. Part no 20808809. if anyone knows where I can find one. I’ve already called 8 salvage yards here in SA with no luck.

#2 ·
You may want to go with the Santana Aluminum cup holder. The OEM cup holders are getting harder and harder to find because they are so flimsy and because of this, they are going for nearly $200. The Santana cup holder is $150-$180...depending on finish...and are far more robust than the stock plastic units so chances are you won't be replacing it anytime soon.

#7 ·
It should be pretty easy. First, since you have a manual, pull up on the chrome trim at the base of the shifter boot to remove the boot from the center console. It just snaps out. Then you may have some stuffing in there...get that out of the way.

Once you do that you should see the cup holder sitting on the right side of the opening. Since you have a 2009 I believe you will have one screw securing the cup holder. Remove that. (Earlier model years didn't have that...the cup holder just snapped into place but the passenger's knee could press against it and dislodge it into the center console.)

With the screw out I would try pressing on the outside of the cup holder at one end to try and get that end to dislodge into the center console. With one end dislodged this way, you can push the other end into the console slightly. This will allow you to now rotate one end of the cup holder back out of the console by maneuvering it from inside the console. You will still have to work the retaining tabs on the cup holder out of the slot the cup holder sits in within the console but I have found it easier to do it this way than just trying to push it out when it's flush in the console.

Once out it is very simple to get the new one in. Once in, I believe it has screws that secure it from the outside so no need to use the internal screw you removed. Once secure, put the stuffing back in then re-install the base of the shifter boot into the console. It just presses in place.

#9 ·
Ok I have the new one coming in on Monday. I went to remove the old one, does not budge, I tried to push it in a no go???
My car is a 2008 baseline automatic. Do they have a screw or remove differently form the video? Any help very welcomed..

#16 ·
Got it thank you. The info is correct. I had a 2009 standard, now I have a 2008 automatic. I couldn’t find the area to update my profile, at least my car and where I live. All I saw was updating my profile and password. I think I got it now, thanx everyone.

#19 ·
Is everyone else who got the santana cup holder look like this?. It doesn’t hold a standard cup and as you can see the thin bottle I had to cram it in.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.