Saturn Sky Forum banner

North American Solstice-Sky Owners Association

15K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  DaveOC 
#1 ·

A message from Kathy Gee, Council Chair – NASSOA
(aka MomsSol on SolsticeForum.com)

Many of you know me and the passion that I share with other forum members for developing a community where we can learn and share with each other. Recently I have been working with owners from across North America in the following regions – Northeast, Southeast, Great Lakes, Pacific, Mountain, Southwest, and Canada. Our goal was the foundation of a non profit organization lead by its members dedicated to furthering the growth of that vision and the enthusiasm that we all share.

We have taken steps to create an organization called “The North American Solstice Sky Owners Association” (NASSOA). We are dedicated to furthering the enthusiasm and growth of the Pontiac Solstice and the Saturn Sky.

We believe that it was important to form a non profit* organization to serve the Solstice and Sky owner communities as well continue the support of charities through our donations. We want to provide an environment to keep our members up-to-date on any latest breaking news and also provide guidance and support in the promotion of local, regional, and national events.

We also firmly believe in the safety and well being of every Solstice and Sky owner and part of our mission will be to provide educational materials to assist owners in the proper operation and maintenance of their vehicle as well as providing umbrella liability insurance for events that they might decide to sponsor.

In order to promote fellowship with those across North America we plan on publishing a quarterly e-mail newsletter with articles provided by local and regional clubs including listing events that they might be hosting.

So now we would like to invite you to become a member. As a member we welcome your thoughts, ideas, and suggestions because this is first and foremost an organization that will be lead by its members. Welcome aboard!

NASSOA Officially Recognized by GM

*501(c)7 status pending

See less See more
#4 ·
Same as D-2...I've been posting about this over on the Sol side.

I like the GM support here. I'll join this one as well! I figure the more the merrier.

My check is ready to go! Hope it makes it as one of the first 200 registrants!! :lol:

#5 ·
As Council Chair for NASSOA I would like to make some clarifications for those who have sent questions to many of the committee members.

First off:

- NASSOA is registered with the State of Deleware as a Non-Profit Organization.
- NASSOA will file as a 501(c)7
- www.nassoa.org does NOT nor do we intend to support a discussion forum on the site. We rely on Solsticeforum.com and Skyroadster.com for all discussion!

It is not out intent to to siphon membership from here or any other forum or reduce discussions on any of the forums, but rather enhance it.

We (the committee) feel we have complied with the forum policy:

Specifically this portion:
...Promotion of non-profit clubs and non-profit sites that do NOT support a discussion forum is acceptable. It is acceptable to refer to blog sites, so long as they do not support a discussion forum and are non-profit....

#8 ·
For the weekend crowd! Saturn is Excited about this too!

We - the enthusiasts - can drive this excitement forward into the future by binding together as individuals, as well as local and regional clubs to help promote the Kappa platform.

Come see www.nassoa.org - new information will be added over the next few days - come watch us grow!

#10 ·
NASSOA includes Canada, Mexico and other NA countries as well

NASSOA - North American Solstice-Sky Owners Association includes Canada, Mexico and other NA countries as well. My name is jackl from Toronto Ontario Canada and I am one of the founding members of NASSOA representing these countries for the first two years.

#13 ·
NASSOA - North American Solstice-Sky Owners Association includes Canada, Mexico and other NA countries as well. My name is jackl from Toronto Ontario Canada and I am one of the founding members of NASSOA representing these countries for the first two years.
Are there "other" NA countries?:confused:

#17 ·
The website doesn't work so I rather doubt it......

Terry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.