Saturn Sky Forum banner

MECCA II - The Experience: Pics, Reviews, and Commentary

9K views 57 replies 18 participants last post by  Cheers 
#1 · (Edited)
Just thought I'd start a thread for post-Mecca II commentary... Reviews, comments, Pics, cool things.

Note: A seperate Thank You thread was started by someone over here:
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f30/mecca-ii-official-gm-thank-you-24373/

Here's a pic to start things off...
the FREE stuff I received.
Everything below was in my Saturn Owners bag (shown on the left) except for the Solstice T-Shirt which was given to us when a few GM/Plant workers showed up at our Joe's Crab Shack dinner and started tossing out shirts!!

Below is a Sky Die-Cast Car!!
Saturn sunglassess and pounch (strong metal frames)
Posters, brochures, fancy name badge... and two small posters about the 60 yr history of the plant and the launch of the coupe!!

I am heading out to catch up with the cruise this morning.
Coming later... PICS!!! Reviews!!! Info on the 290hp mod (posted elsewhere, but decided to mention in here also.), 4 or 5 coupes on hand (2 driving around town!)
I also bought two of Solli's t-shirts... and they REALLY came out awesome (pic later)

See less See more
#2 ·
Just thought I'd start a thread for post-Mecca II commentary... Reviews, comments, Pics, cool things.

Note: A seperate Thank You thread was started by someone over here:
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f30/mecca-ii-thanks-24360/

Here's a pic to start things off...
the FREE stuff I received.
Everything below was in my Saturn Owners bag (shown on the left) except for the Solstice T-Shirt which was given to us when a few GM/Plant workers showed up at our Joe's Crab Shack dinner and started tossing out shirts!!

Below is a Sky Die-Cast Car!!
Saturn sunglassess and pounch (strong metal frames)
Posters, brochures, fancy name badge... and two small posters about the 60 yr history of the plant and the launch of the coupe!!

I am heading out to catch up with the cruise this morning.
Coming later... PICS!!! Reviews!!! Info on the 290hp mod (posted elsewhere, but decided to mention in here also.), 4 or 5 coupes on hand (2 driving around town!)
I also bought two of Solli's t-shirts... and they REALLY came out awesome (pic later)

I really liked the stuff that was given out, especilly the Sky Diecast, I have one to open, it's sitting next to my Budda....the glasses I will use for work and the poster will go in the garage with the other Sky items....Not sure what i will do with the Solstice items though... I think the "private" tour that I took, was the best part....i was the one with the last name he could not pronounce in the Yankees jacket....it happens all the time...they were very nice, they addressed my concerns with my car, they were answering all my questions, at the end they were thanking me...:nono:..i thanked them for doing an awsome job on an AWSOME car!!!...I was even thanking the workers that came over to talk to us....ever grateful, SteveSky67

#3 · (Edited)
A fun time was had by all...

Had a great time at Mecca II. Here are a couple of quick pictures for you-all.

Driving up to the plant; Kappas in the parking lot; and the TLC Tent.

Enjoy, R1chy

Attachments

#29 ·
Had a great time at Mecca II. Here are a couple of quick pictures for you-all.

Driving up to the plant; Kappas in the parking lot; and the TLC Tent.

Enjoy, R1chy
Wow, the only pic of me from the back talking to X_Micro..gee, how could have i missed ther big NY logo on my back...SteveSky67

#4 ·
Looks like the weather was absolutely MISERABLE... :willy::eek:

#5 ·
It was not the best but the Kappa's and the people at the plant were great can not wait till next year... Stretch.

#7 · (Edited)
Pics Pics and more Pics...

Well...instead of writing out commentary of the event (which maybe I'll do later)... I thought I'd jump right into my pics.
OVER 300 PICS ONLINE

There are 2 albums...
First one is from Friday, the tour day.
Full First album is here (54 pics):
Picasa Web Albums - Mark - MeccaII
It includes tour day and Joe's Crab Shack. I dont know why I didnt grab any from the hotel party.

Here are some highlights:

The TLC tent... (and it rained)

Solli in the check-in tent. Awesome T-Shirts!

At Joe's Crab Shack. We had around a 100 (more?) MECCA people there. Thanks Joe's for the excellent and fast service!!

What Kwayne does when he sees a mustang:

The Men of Mecca

Who is that dancing on their chairs?

Remember... my Tour Day full album is here:
Picasa Web Albums - Mark - MeccaII

#8 ·
Cruise Day Pics - 249!

Day Two (for me)... the Saturday Cruise.
Full Second album is here (249 pics):
Picasa Web Albums - Mark - Mecca II - Sa...
It includes meeting at the plant, cruising to south Delaware, stopover at the Nuclear Reactor, Dover AirForce Mobility Museam, Dickie's BBQ for lunch, and Crabby Dick's for Dinner.

Here are some highlights:

Getting ready to roll out from the plant

The TLC guys fixed my cup holder! I had completely snapped it off. Now it gets its first official test.

Mallet Sky - Nuclear Powered

Lunch at Dickie's BBQ

Air Force Base... Awesome!!

Crabby Dick's - Delaware City

Remember, the Full Second Day Tour pics (249) are here:
Picasa Web Albums - Mark - Mecca II - Sa...

#15 ·
Here are a few of my pics:

(1) Plant parking lot
(2) Joe's Crab Shack parking lot
(3) Joe's
(4) Ihawk95 dancing to YMCA (or bouncing off the ceiling, I'm not sure which)
(5) Party in the hallway at the Fairfield

Attachments

#16 ·
Great shots all,
Thanks again for the great time that me and the Mrs shared with all of you -

Sorry I'm back to work and no media / camera's etc.. allowed -
I'll post some more on the weekend when I get back home, but as usual you all have it pretty well covered already - :thumbs:

#32 ·
NO Jazzjet you did not give me those pictures. :willy: Gee I had to copy them from this thread. :banghead: :D Keep them coming.... T.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.