Saturn Sky Forum banner

MASSC Holiday Lights Dinner and Drive - December 6, 2008

23K views 417 replies 34 participants last post by  SKY 07 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATED FIRST POST TO INCLUDE EVENT DETAILS!

DATE: Saturday, December 6th

Meet: Time and Locations to be determined - I may have 2 groups for the drive to Hershey, one North and one South of I-78. Currently looking at backroads for a more scenic drive than just taking the interstate.

IMPORTANT - CHANGE IN DINNER LOCATION!!!
We will meet for dinner at 5:00pm at the following location:
The Fire House Restaurant
606 North 2nd Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
Harrisburg Dining at The Fire House Restaurant

Following Dinner we will make the short drive to Hershey Park for the Sweet Lights Display (cost is $20 per car)

Lodging Options:

Holiday Inn Express – Hershey (thanks JustMike!)
610 Walton Avenue
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania, 17036
Phone: 717-583-0500
Rate - $112 per night advance reservation

I'll look for more lodging options in the area, but if you plan to stay overnight, you may want to book a room now. I checked the Hershey Lodge, but they don't have any availability for the 6th.

See less See more
#65 ·
I would like Hershey too, but to be quite honeset, the expense of a Motel, meals, gas...etc right before the holiday season....compared to the cost of just dinner and the lights show....but..hey...whatever the group decides, thats why I took the day off.....:thumbs: End of Line

#67 ·
Maybe you can share a room with other people. I have done that this year and it has worked out. Hugs T.

#83 ·
UPDATED FIRST POST TO INCLUDE EVENT DETAILS!

DATE: Saturday, December 6th

Meet: Time and Locations to be determined - I may have 2 groups for the drive to Hershey, one North and one South of I-78. Currently looking at backroads for a more scenic drive than just taking the interstate.

Dinner: Fire Alley, 1144 Cocoa Ave, Hershey, PA 17033 - 5:00PM Dinner Reservation for 30 people
Fire Alley, a Hershey PA Restaurant, serving lunch and dinner

Following Dinner we will make the short drive to Hershey Park for the Sweet Lights Display (cost is $20 per car)

Lodging Options:

610 Walton Avenue
Rate - $112 per night advance reservation

I'll look for more lodging options in the area, but if you plan to stay overnight, you may want to book a room now. I checked the Hershey Lodge, but they don't have any availability for the 6th.

#84 ·
ATTENTION!!!

Please let me know if you are interested in a group drive prior to dinner or if you want to just meet the group for dinner & the lights display in Hershey.

If you are interested in a group drive, please post if you live North or South of I-78.

Thank you!

#85 ·
I'll be coming up fpr that! Way southern route! For the Maryland/Virginia folks, maybe we can meet at the PA line or Shrewberry PA (first exit into pa)? There is a starbucks right off I-83 there.

For those lower down, we could meet right off Pennsylvania Ave and go up I-95.

Let me know!
:cheers:

To guage time, it takes me 2.5 hours to get to harrisburg from my house in southern md. I make this trip all the time! (kids pickup from ex!)

#104 ·
We're Glad You Picked Hershey. Pauline And I Would Like To Join You. From Where We Are, We Would Come Straight Up Hwy 81 Or Jump Over Onto Rt.11 For More Of A Small Town Sight Seeing Run. My Daughter And Son In Law Live In Harrisburg, So No Motel Needed. My Son In Law Is A Machanic For Hershey. ( I Get Free Tickets To The Park Every Now And Then :D ) If Anyone Wants To Run Up RT 11 With Us, We Can Wait Till Saterday Morning And Meet In The Winchester Area.
HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL SOON

SKYJACK ( JACK AND PAULINE )

#106 ·
I programmed the address of the Motel inot K.I.T.T. and he told me that it is 187 miles with 3hours and 17 minutes of travel, so if anybody wants to hook up somewhere, that would be cool...not sure what the route is though....End of Line

#107 ·
I am currently working out some meeting points and possible driving routes so that folks can travel to Hershey together in groups. Meeting places will probably be established across the border in PA, with possibly one in North Jersey somewhere first for the folks coming from Long Island, NY, CT.

#109 ·
News Flash!

I figure I would post this here, So, today I ran some errands and took the Sky, I was backing out the Chevy and decided to put the top down on a whim...t was such a nice day out...and the best part was, no one had to tell me to do it, I did it on my own freewill.... :woo: Life Is Good....I did however put it up when I got to CVS, the last thing I need is Yoda to be stolen, Betty Boop needs to keep his Saber polished... :glol: End of Line

#110 ·
Theresa! Rachel Ray wore a blonde wig for halloween today and I swear she reminded me of you. Must've been something about her zaneyness I guess. :lol:

It's been a week of emotional rollercoaster for me too.... :grouphug:

#119 ·
Attendees, can you please also let me know if you plan to stay overnight in the Hershey area Saturday night or if you will be heading home?

I can look for other lodging options, but I don't want to expend a lot of effort if we only have a few folks staying over and they are happy with the Holiday Inn Express.

Thanks!

#121 ·
So, who is staying over?? I made tenative reservations with the Holiday Inn Express for $125.00 + Tax or Econo Lodge for like around $80...I saw 40 names, not everybody on the List can be driving back home the same day?....Also, anything planned for the next day or is it just dinner and the lights???..End of Line

#122 ·
I am planning to stay with my friends who live in PA. :thumbs: Life Is Good. T.

#135 ·
All the action on the Sky side

Hey Gang I was reading the sol side so quiet...and looked over here on the skyside seems this is where the cool kids play.....:cool: anyway Kat and I live off 76 and 202 so we can open up for a pit stop...If anyone is cruising our direction...

Cheers
Drgolf

#136 ·
Okay, I have mapped out a proposed route for those coming from the Norhtern areas, which would have us meeting on Interstate 80 in Northwest NJ, near the Delaware Water Gap. From there it should be a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive to Hershey.

I will do a test drive of the route on the way to my Mom's Thanksgiving weekend to make sure it is doable and the timing is right.

For now, I propose that those interested in driving the backroads of PA with me to Hershey plan to meet me at 2:00pm at the rest area near the Delaware Water Gap on I-80 West in NJ (I will give more details of the meeting point when I scope it out.)

From previous posts, I have the following people interested in the drive in from the North:

Group Drive from the North, starting on I-80 in NJ, near the Delaware Water Gap:
dengel
SkyhighNY
SKYMAN-CT & Mrs.
SKY 07
spiky
reedred
histand
Morfious

Let me know of anyone who wants to be added or removed from the list for this ride into Herhey.

#137 · (Edited)
As far as those who live south of Hershey PA/NJ, folks have shared the following about their driving routes.

If you would like to try and coordinate a group driving in from any of these areas, please contact one of the following:

Luv2BGrrl - coming up from Maryland on I-83

Drgolf & Kat - coming in from Eastern PA near I-76 & 202

Rusty - starting in Northeast Maryland, taking 222, around Lancaster, then up 283 to 743.

#138 ·
Okay, optimist that I am, I originally made a dinner reservation for 30 people.

I currently have 41 people who expressed interest in attending the event. :eek:

Before I call the restaurant and beg them to fit an extra dozen or so people in, I would like to get a more accurate head count for the dinner.

All those who posted that they are interested in attending, please confirm that you still plan to come. You can either post here or send me a PM.

THANKS!!!!

#142 · (Edited)
Yes.... As long as the white fluffy stuff doesn't come down from the sky. :banghead: T.

SKYMAN-CT and Mrs. SKYMAN is a yes too. They are on vacation this week with his wife so I will say yes for him. I know he is going too. T.

[/IMG]

#145 ·
Pauline And I Will Be There.
What Motel Is Everyone Staying At? Insted Of Staying With Our Kids, We May Want To Stay With The Group. We Will Be Coming From The South. ( Winchester Area ) If Anyone Wants To Run Up With Us, Please Let Us Know. I Think We Will Be Staying Off Hwy 81 And Running Up Rt11. We May Leave Early Saturday Morning And Spend The Day Around Hershey.
SKYJACK ( JACK AND PAULINE )

#149 ·
Pauline And I Will Be There.
What Motel Is Everyone Staying At? Insted Of Staying With Our Kids, We May Want To Stay With The Group.
I think Diane mentioned there was a Holiday Inn Express it was like $125 for AAA members and it is refundable up to 6pm just in case it Snows, Rains, etc.....I am planning on that place

610 Walton Avenue
Rate - $112 per night advance reservation <This rate is NON-Refundable

If anybody else is staying there please let me know...Life is great

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.