Saturn Sky Forum banner

MECCA III - The Chit Chat Thread

33K views 399 replies 46 participants last post by  SkyBaby 
#1 ·
Ok everyone should know the rules by now but for those with hard heads :banghead:

All the general conversation about Mecca goes in this thread not any of the other threads ... that is all :D

#66 ·
Can I count on the members of this forum to make this one trip up to the scary NORTH. Us Southerners don't like a whole slew of Yankee talking....Skip...

Not to worry. I moved south of the Mason-Dixon Line and have survived among these southern Maryland rebels

Plus someone will have a laptop for me to post at 12:00 est about your b-day....Skip....

Maybe Marlboro Mike can arrange something else that starts with lap but doesn't end in top. Sort of a "welcome north" present. Looking forward to meeting you.

#68 · (Edited)
Not to worry. I moved south of the Mason-Dixon Line and have survived among these southern Maryland rebels
Legend states that in St Mary's county, 1 man voted for Lincoln, and supposedly he has trouble getting home that night. Throughout the Civil War, residents here continued to support the South, either directly by crossing the Potomac and joining the Confederate Army, or by supporting the smuggling operations sending goods and excaped POW's to Virginia.

The County has changed much in the last few year, but away from the business side of the county, people still prefer grits with their gravy, sweet tea, etc. I've had friends from Georgia remark as to how southern this county is, once you get to the areas where the locals live.

Up DC way, or towards Annapolis, most of that changes. We'd be a Red state if it wasn't for Baltimore and PG county, the popular vote has been Red for quite a while now.

Skip, I don't know what you'll find in Delaware, but note that you'll pass through an "Island" of southern-ness on ther way there.

#69 ·
JustMike, In today's world of technology,
Can we Fax the waiver or scan and email the waiver?
No sorry! Look you want in and I want to get you there so go old school and make the lawyers happy at the same time. Download, print and mail in the wavier. Thanks!

#70 ·
Understandable, lawyers are probably looking for original signatures rather than facsimiles. We have the same issue with engagement contracts here - originals only.

#80 ·
Will be getting mine in the mail on Monday, I will be seeing Nice_Girl_IN_The_Sky (Joann) on Sunday at my movie meet and she will sign it then...:thumbs:

#82 ·
Looks like I may be going to Mecca III!!!

This time I'm even bringing the wife...

I will know for sure tomorrow if I can get the time off... :eek:

BA...

#83 ·
Waiver mailed, hotel reserved. I booked the hotel for all 3 nights -- I can always cancel Saturday night's reservation depending on what events transpire in the next couple of weeks.

#88 ·
Yep, count me in too! Got the ok from the boss so now its just a matter of making the arrangements!

:willy::woo::woo::willy:

#89 ·
Very Cool, If I don't see you in Cape Cod at least I get to meet you at Mecca:thumbs:

#92 ·
yes of course it would not be a party without all the mikes there:lol:

#93 ·
Three Mikes at one party?

Last time that happened - SHiNY ended up dancing in her pajamas!

#100 ·
Ohh no Saybaby is in on the deal. I have a feeling her idea may include fur and various firearms. Quite a dangerous combo.

#104 ·
Vacation set, hotel booked & waiver in the mail.
See you all there.. :cheers:

#105 ·
So please...

...don't get SteveSky67 started!! :lol:
Hey, what do you mean by that???.. I'm so hurt... :cryin: :lol: You see, I brought it over to the chit chat thread...:thumbs:

Attachments

#111 ·
um...

JustMike?

Will people be submitting photos for use to choose from on the Passenger Hook-Up thread?

#120 ·
Supporting vendors may attend as owners. No product demos or selling on GM property. Hope everyone can understand why. Thanks!

#122 · (Edited)
I have now reserved a block of rooms at the Fairfield Inn...but reservations must be made by April 16th...after that, they will not hold them...The price is $62 plus tax for each night...
Fairfield Inn By Marriott Wilmington in Newark, Delaware...Here is the link to the hotel

Fairfield Inn By Marriott Wilmington in Newark, Delaware
Direct number to the hotel 1-302-292-1500

Do not forget to mention that you r going to the GM Plant and u belong to the Saturn SKY/SOLSTICE CLUB...this is the group rate for 2 nights (3 Optional) May 14th-15th. If u wish to stay another night...the rate still applies.

Of course...Continental breakfast is included..YUM! YUM!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.