Saturn Sky Forum banner

How about a June Run to Lake George NY??

5K views 42 replies 16 participants last post by  xmicro_Redline 
#1 · (Edited)
Due To Personal Reasons, This Trip Has Been Canceled. Sorry, If This Inconveniences Anyone.

#2 ·
Well, like I always say, I am willing to go...just need definite dates for work....:thumbs:Just have to see if my alternate +1 is available....:)

#15 · (Edited)
This sounds for a great roadtrip. so i did a little homework. i had called the holiday inn in lake george, ny and found out there are no events going on the weekend of june 12, 13, 14. the rate of the regular room is friday, $209 and saturday $159. i did mention that there may be several rooms needed, but until the near exact amount of rooms are known, these are the rates. their number to the hotel is 518-668-5781 if anyone needs it. this is a great hotel, resturant, indoor pools...NOT PET FRIENDLY !!

#16 ·
I'm 10 miles south of LG (Queensbury - Glens Falls). You definitely won't want to be around during Americade - good catch indeed M&J.

There are some fun roads all over the Adirondacks, plus the hilly rural area between here and Vermont. If there's interest, I could map out some drives at some point.

Let me know if I can help you guys out with other info.

BTW - my buddy and I took back roads to Cooperstown last summer, and there's definitely Amish Country out that way! Gotta watch for them buggies...

#17 · (Edited)
Paul,

As long as it happens June 5-7 count me in. :thumbs:
The following weekend (12-14) I planned to head out to Denver for the Nationals, thinking about taking two weeks and doing some sightseeing along the way, but maybe I could start my trip via Lake George as I don't need to be out that way until the 18th. :)

#18 ·
Ok guys, thank you all for the input. I just want to slow things down a bit and explain. I was only trying to gauge interest, the date was not final, just a rough. I have to call the chamber of commerce and make sure that there is nothing going on the weekend we go or we will spend a heep of time in Lake George traffic, which is No Fun!

So Tentatively.........June 12,13,&14 looks like we can sneek in the week before peek prices start and according to the Chamber of Commerce Website, there is nothing scheduled. I will make a call and double check that and get a few options for hotels together.

Saturday Night will Be Log Jam Restaurant Night. But I am open for suggestions for a Restaurant for Friday Night.

Keep chiming in if you are interested.

#19 ·
#21 ·
sounds like fun. I'm on call June 12-14 so that weekend is a no go for me. Any other one is A-OK.

#24 ·
Having been involved in quite a few of these events, a lot of time it is not one size fits all. I personally need a dog friendly place, so that will be one option, but I do not want to force people to have to stay there...so my attempt will be to get a couple of options in the same area. In Lake George there are area's where the hotels are literally right next door. But I also always love to give an option of a more upscale place for those that are interested.:thumbs::cheers:

PS - Most will wind up at the same place. I am researching as I write this.

#27 · (Edited)
I was hopeful we'd make it to this one, but we can't make that date. :nonod:.
Hopefully the Cape Cod cruise will work out better. :cheers:

#37 ·
I might be able to swing this one. I'm off on 6/13 but I'm not driving to CO. (My poor spine has deteriorated since '06 and it's just not going to assist me during a long distance haul.)

Anyway, I like the idea of bringing Max with me. :thumbs:

#40 ·
Due To Personal Reasons, This Trip Has Been Canceled. Sorry, If This Inconveniences Anyone
Everbody has lives to live, no need to apologize. I hope everything is okay with you. :grouphug:

#42 ·
Probably for the best, as we recently ran this little news item from Lake George:

"The village will host a Truck Convoy show for the first time this year on June 13. Between 150 and 200 trailer trucks will parade through the village and will be on display at Million Dollar Beach. The expo will feature a light show with a "Christmas in June" theme, as well as vendors and a band. The event will serve as a fundraiser for Prospect Child and Family Center. Village Mayor Robert Blais said a press conference is planned within the next two weeks to provide more details on the event."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.