Saturn Sky Forum banner

MECCA III - The Chit Chat Thread

33K views 399 replies 46 participants last post by  SkyBaby 
#1 ·
Ok everyone should know the rules by now but for those with hard heads :banghead:

All the general conversation about Mecca goes in this thread not any of the other threads ... that is all :D

#2 ·
So.. we can actually just chat and chat and chat about anything to do with Mecca in this thread? THIS SPECIFIC ONE? WOW... Very cool! Well, just spoke with Brian.. aka SkyVue.. we will be there but staying with in-laws.. his brother... I am excited already! SkyBaby

#15 ·
It has officially begun!

We have:

MECCA III - The Hotel Thread

And soon will come:

MECCA III - The Shirt Thread

Pretty please, this year can we have MECCA III - the Toilet Paper?

(I know, I know... that TP chop is pretty crappy!)

#16 ·
It has officially begun!

We have:

MECCA III - The Hotel Thread

And soon will come:

MECCA III - The Shirt Thread

Pretty please, this year can we have MECCA III - the Toilet Paper?

The Hotel Thread is closed!...So that just leaves "two out of three aint bad"...Nice Toilet paper....I guess you would wipe Ludicrous speed....:lol:

#24 ·
I have a question or two. I understand that traffic in Washington is the worse in the country, even worse than Toronto. I will be driving from the lab, so say Asheville NC. Am I better to go up I95 and around the big cities which still means a ton of traffic or would I be better off cutting across I40 and make my way over to Virginia Beach, cross over the big bridge and come up to Wilmington through Maryland? I know one will be longer but you all are in these areas, I have never been that far east in the USA.

#25 ·
Hey Kimberly,

When I went to Mecca I, I drove all the way up I-95 and let me tell you, the traffic at Wash. DC / Virginia / Maryland was UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Took me almost 3 hours to get thrugh...

If there is a way around this I would like to know also!!!

BA...

#32 ·
Nope... I can't get that time off...

I'm going to the Track Day though!!!

BA...

#30 · (Edited)
Hey Kim and Sky Spy we could always get up a Carolina/Virginia and who ever else group and run up together... Last year I went up 95 then jumped off on 301 and went up through Dahlgren Va. to Bowie Md. and went over the Bay to the Eastern Shore and headed up... That direction really wasn't a bad drive. There was not a lot of traffic and that was at rush hour, though it was a little longer drive... This way actually bypasses DC and Baltimore. The Bay Bridge tunnel isn't a bad drive either and very little traffic after you get across the Bridge tunnel

#106 ·
#31 ·
Stuart,

My scoring tech lives in Maryland, he said that the best way to go even if it is a bit longer is to make my way to Virginia Beach, cross over the big bridge and follow hwy 13 I think, he said it takes you along the coast and it is a no traffic all the way up to Wilmington.

What do you think about that?

#35 ·
JM, for those of us that have never been to MECCA, I was wondering if you have any idea of what kind of events we can expect. I would ask all prior year participants to post what experiences they had when they were there last time, but I expect it will be a little different and scaled back this year.

For people taking time off work and/or getting doggie sitters, can we expect an all day event/run on Saturday or how long will Saturday's run take?

#36 ·
SHINY since you asked so nice, on Thursday we will probably have a dinner somewhere in North East MD. There are some really nice places along the top of the bay. On Friday we will have a dinner after the tour at Joe's Crab Shack and "The King" is already working on that. For Saturday we will probably do a day trip maybe the AFB Museum in Dover or down to Ocean City as there is a hot rod weekend going on.

#42 ·
This will also be my first meet and I was wondering about the schedule for Friday.

I don't think I can make it up on Thursday and would like to drive up Friday morning to join everyone for the tour. Is that possible? If so, what time is the group meetup at the plant for the tour?

Thanks to all coordinating this!

#44 ·
Friday will be an early morning start at the plant. I'm guessing that you will need to be there around 6:30 or 7 AM at the latest. Hope that helps.

Oh and all you non-morning people sorry and my only suggestion is to just stay up all night on Thursday ;)

#43 ·
Brian and I will be in sometime Thurs during the mid morning-early afternoon.. then Friday spent with the Sky/Sol group.. then visiting his brother the rest of the weekend... I am too excited.. SkyBaby

#47 ·
Thank you for all your hard work Just Mike .... Joann and I are looking forward to it :thumbs:

This post has been deleted
#61 ·
I need a new mascot for JadesAngel... Hmmmm.. what Pink toy can I find...? :jester: SkyBaby
I'm sure they sell Pink Plush Angels somewhere..:angel:

#57 · (Edited)
It seems to me that the forum proper is trying their dangest to get me to come to Mecca III. Now here is the part I wish to say. I will be there at Mecca III with or without the SkipSky. I am now in training to be able to have this rigorous ordeal . It will take every bit out of me to make it. I will need a place to stay. Spag set up a corner for Skip and his O2 with my B-pap machine. I prefere whisky and water chaser. Also any kind of good drugs that might be experimental. I will be there Thursday to Saturday. After that who knows. I also will need a wheel chair to move around this here big ass plant. I will pick from different ladies with nice bosums to push me around in the wheel chair of course. Can I count on the members of this forum to make this one trip up to the scary NORTH. Us Southerners don't like a whole slew of Yankee talking....Skip...:):D:)

#63 ·
I also will need a wheel chair to move around this here big ass plant. I will pick from different ladies with nice bosums to push me around in the wheel chair of course. Can I count on the members of this forum to make this one trip up to the scary NORTH. Us Southerners don't like a whole slew of Yankee talking....Skip...:):D:)
Skip, I gladly volunteer to push you around in your wheelchair. However, I apologize in advance if my "bosums" brush against you whilst pushing the chair.:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.