• August 16th

Votes: 1 9.1%

SUNDAY BRUNCH/Buttonwood Manor.. Matawan, NJ

22K views 165 replies 25 participants last post by  JustMike 
#1 · (Edited)
Which date is best...August 2, 9, or 16th

#5 ·
It's a 4 hour drive for me. Better start working on me now, MM! :lol:

Any of those dates would be okay with me.

#6 ·
Susan...can u buy a condo in the area...this is getting rediculous...we love u but the drive to our events is amazing...we have so many great places to eat over here. I have to find a way to smuggle u into my guest room.

All I can say is ask the members about our dining events. The lobsterfest is the most expensive...the other buffets r under 20 dollars...and I wish u could experience all of them...Old Man Rafferty's is by Rutgers University..standing room only on Sundays...it is unexplicable...this one at Buttonwood...it is like a secret. As noted in my opening...it is a formal dining room on the river served with mamosas and the buffet is just amazing...we have to get u here on a Saturday evening somehow. I feel guilty about this.

#9 ·
I vote August Second...I will be on a cruise Aug 15 to 25th .No not a car cruise a ship to Bramuda and as much as I have grown to love you guys I am not rescheduling :nono:...Smart we should look into a time share :lol:

Cheers,
Drgolf.
Might have to at this rate! :D

#11 ·
I voted for the second....Sundays are open for me, but I will have to bring another Date, the +1 has open houses on Sundays....I see if my BFF Joann is available.....:D

#15 ·
My best date started with a ride out to Jersey on a beautiful day to meet up with some friends for skeet shooting, followed by dinner in Manhattan, a lovely ride out to Long Island on Ocean Parkway, a brief visit to a club, a shared bubble bath, massages, and cuddling while we dozed off. After a few hours' sleep, we awoke and enthusiastically exchanged bodily fluids then showered and went out for breakfast.

I'm not quite certain I want to provide you with that experience just for brunch, MMike. :sorry:

#21 ·
I am waiting for Diane and Michele to get back from Nationals...when they make a SKYLANDS decision..a date will be selected...meanwhile, just select a date...certain members have PMd me, so the survery does not reflect an accurate count...

I have approximately 15 members coming at this time. This event will have a member limit.

#23 ·
The last time I was in New Jersey I (well someone else was driving my SKY) got a ticket for not stopping at the toll station because someone got in the wrong lane and had to go through it. Guess who got the ticket? Yep Snow white.
Darn those tolls. I never know what lane to be in. Is the EZpass worth getting? I am thinking of buying that since I do so much travel south. Does anyone else have the EZpass for the tolls?
BTW it was a $25.00 fine for a 50cent toll. I called them up and sweet talk them and I only had to pay the .50cents. Ah... It's great to be a women. :D T.

#25 ·
Really? Just going through the tolls are really very fast too.:lol:
Do you and your Dad have the EZpass?

#28 ·
It's true, I've seen him do it! And make sure it is fixed to the window (I suggest the holder rather than using the glue they come with) because if you are driving a manual and trying to mess around getting the ezpass positioned correctly and just happen to stall out, you will hear Reed from behind yelling "Yee Haw"!!!

EZPass is definitely the way to go. For us entering and leaving Long Island it is the only way to go!

#39 · (Edited)
AUGUST 2nd...by overwhelming preference.

This event is now official (it is a non-MASSC sponsored event)..it will take place in 5 weeks. I like the idea of a park...so, afterwards...we r going to the Manasquan Reservoir. There are boat rentals, fishing and picnic tables...and after a great brunch..it is perfect...it will take us about 45 minutes to arrive there from Buttonwood Manor...to firm up this event...indicate again if u will be attending. Although this is a formal dining experience, formal attire is not required...DATE:Sunday, August 2nd. Time: 12 NOON. I will need to secure a table for us by July 27th.
Bring your sling chairs that fit in your trunk area.

New Jersey Weddings - Buttonwood Manor, Matawan, NJ Weddings - Monmouth County, NJ
After going to the link..click menus...then lakeside brunch.

Monmouth County Park System*Manasquan Reservoir, Howell

#46 ·
This event is now official (it is a non-MASSC sponsored event)..it will take place in 5 weeks. I like the idea of a park...so, afterwards...we r going to the Manasquan Reservoir. There are boat rentals, fishing and picnic tables...and after a great brunch..it is perfect...it will take us about 45 minutes to arrive there from Buttonwood Manor...to firm up this event...indicate again if u will be attending. Although this is a formal dining experience, formal attire is not required...DATE:Sunday, August 2nd. Time: 12 NOON. I will need to secure a table for us by July 27th.
Bring your sling chairs that fit in your trunk area.

New Jersey Weddings - Buttonwood Manor, Matawan, NJ Weddings - Monmouth County, NJ
After going to the link..click menus...then lakeside brunch.

Monmouth County Park System*Manasquan Reservoir, Howell
The member who voted for the 16th is illiterate...

#41 ·
YAHOO!!! I'M IN!!!!!!! hopefully MY PARTNER AND CRIME WILL GO TOO. hUGS t.

#48 ·
There you go putting the pressure on again!

Only if you or I get an EZ-Pass in time. :lol:
OK Michael put me down for the 2nd as well. :thumbs:

#43 · (Edited)
TENTATIVE LIST for Buttonwood BRUNCH AUG 2nd

Here is the tentative list:
I have cross threaded this on the Solstice side.

07Bluestone
Dengel
DrGolf
JustMike
Kwayne?
MarlboroMike + Spouse
Sky07
Skyman Ct
Smartin? (I'm working on her)
Solli4Me
Spag
theFred + part time driver (spouse)
XMicroRL
XMicroRL SR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.