Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum - View Single Post - Solo goes to Romania for the first time
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Kelu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Solo goes to Romania for the first time

Well, I can proudly announce:
I'm the first owner with custom exhaust on Opel GT from my country and first happy romanian solo customer.
My mod was Free Flow Catalytic Converter (catless downpipe) and Mach System with quad tips.

Even took more time than expected, everything went smooth with 0 (zero) problems. 100% bolt on, I even had a bet with a friend of mine which said is impossible everything will fit and work perfectly, no re-dos, everything straight to the bulls eye. to Solo people.
I have added only one special sealer for exhaust on the clamps as a matter of precaution everything else was in the package.

Because of catless downpipe I was afraid of CEL, but nooo, from the first run no cel, test it about 2 hours drive and NOTHING wet wrong other than my car trying to go sideways when I was WOT and ESC OFF.

I wanted maximum power and at quiet as possible that's why I went for this setup, I can't say it is quiet under heavy push but I can say is almost like the stock one under 3500-4000 rpm, it has a "quality" sound and pretty base, I love the rumbles on deceleration and some bangs from time to time which I think are because of catless downpipe.

For me this product is a jewel for my car. Sorry I didn't made pictures with the downpipe but believe me that piece really looks like a piece of art

Solo Performance people: Steve, Jeff, Michelle and the others which I didn't interact with keep up the good work, we, kappa owners need people and products like yours.

A small movie right after the installation:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rear-solo-qud-tips.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	34951   Click image for larger version

Name:	solo-mach-mid.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	34952   Click image for larger version

Name:	solo-mach-mounted.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	34953   Click image for larger version

Name:	solo-mach-muffler-vs-stock-muffler.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	34954   Click image for larger version

Name:	solo-mach-vs-stock-exhaust.jpg
Views:	726
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	34955  

Opel GT from Romania (EU) - You can always find me on the Kappa Performance Forum
Wester Race Tune - Solo catless dp, mach, quad tips - Dejon IC - KW V3 - Z0K swaybars - Custom Throttle Elbow - Custom Backbone Brace - ET 1/4 mile 13.30s

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome