Saturn Sky Forum banner

1:24 scale diecast and remote control SKY

28K views 78 replies 47 participants last post by  FreeBird 
#1 ·
Received in the mail today a welcome to Saturn ownership and being among the first to order a SKY (hey, who cares if they're six months late!?!) catalog with a "wallet key" in case I lock myself out. Also enclosed was a "2006 SKY SIGNATURE COLLECTION' brochure with SKY items for sale. On the back cover is a silver pearl SKY (real car) with the following text:

1:24 scale diecast and remote control SKY
Coming in 2006.​
Went to the website listed http://www.saturncollection.com but no doecast or r/c car listed there yet. It has to be getting closer!

Anyone else get this catalog?

#2 ·
Funny, I haven't gotten squat from Saturn, and I have 2 SKY's & an AURA,go figure:lol: :lol: Not to mention the '06 ION R/L of my sons.:D A couple of lousy phone calls asking how I like my new Saturns, :lol: :lol: Ain't life funny?:D

#71 ·
Same story here.

I, like Ernest, have purchased many Saturns since they started to produce them. I also was one of the first to receive a SKY in eastern PA, VIN #644. The only thing I ever received were phone calls to buy another Saturn. In fact, I did buy a used Saturn for my daughter in December, same dealer as all other purchases, and they only gave me less the a half a tank of gas. I reported this all to Saturn and even mentioned other loyal Saturn buyers were frustrated. They did call me at my home and were very concerned, but nothing more. So much for LOYALTY. Still love the SKY, VUE, SL1, SL2 etc.

#3 ·
Received in the mail today a welcome to Saturn ownership and being among the first to order a SKY (hey, who cares if they're six months late!?!) catalog with a "wallet key" in case I lock myself out. Also enclosed was a "2006 SKY SIGNATURE COLLECTION' brochure with SKY items for sale. On the back cover is a silver pearl SKY (real car) with the following text:

Went to the website listed http://www.saturncollection.com but no doecast or r/c car listed there yet. It has to be getting closer!

I got the same one with my Wallet Key today!

#4 ·
Got mine today too. Pointing out my potential Christmas presents to the hubby.

#5 ·
I got mine today also.I don't plan on keeping OnStar after the year is up so that wallet key might come in handy if I lock myself out :lol:

#7 · (Edited)
Did not receive mine...but the postman always rings twice...I have a postwoman...she rings more than twice...guess she is waiting for her christmas gratuity....anyone else want to ring my bell? :lol:

This is an udpate...received mine today...the key does not start the car...there is no computer chip in it...why do we need the key...on star opens the door without a key...but it is a good Public Relations ploy...and it does sell christmas/chanakah gifts.

#9 ·
Mine came today and I was excited til I checked the vin and it was for the base Sky I traded for my RedLine. Key won't do me a bit of good!

And the funny part was I already had a...hey that was not that funny!http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7104&d=1159720863

Saved by SkyBaby Jim,......aka Chicago SkyLine.... had to do it...... LUV YA... BUT...... YES, Everyone, the first pic is Jim, shortly after he LOCKED HIS KEYS IN THE CAR..... ugh.... BUT.. ONSTAR TO THE RESCUE.... and SkyBaby of course.... With my trusty SATURN VUE-GOLD SERIES.... ONSTAR AT THE READY BUTTON, JIM GOT HELP..... LOLOL... sorry Jim... had to do it... You know

I will save it as a souviener of a great Summer!

#10 ·
Alright, I'm jealous! I want a key and catalog! I know someone mentioned this was for folks who got their Sky early on. I didn't get mine until September, so I was wondering...has anyone who got one that late received the catalog?:confused:

#13 ·
I got mine this morning...

I made sure I left the catalogue out for others to see (Christmas shoppers... If you get my drift.):lol:

#14 ·
Got my gold key today as well along with the signature collection catalog. How interesting when I went to the web site. No Sky tee shirts listed, no Sky scale models and the customer service e-mail didn't work either but hey maybe there's a wait list for this stuff too. Probably have to start a thread about scale model image, build, and delivery codes.

:toetap:

#15 · (Edited)

SOME STUFF I HAVE FOUND!

I believe the company that is making the remote control SKY is "New Bright Ind. They make the "Sol" now. I have e-mailed them asking about the SKY, hope for a reply next week.:drool:

Tee Shirts
Found a neat site "madd doggs. com" (baddbuick@aol.com) Jason or Sue. They have a SKY tee in white, light gray or black and can print your SKY in just about any color. They have tons of other CAR tees. I have already ordered 2, should be here next week. Yep, got to wait on those also :willy:

#19 ·
Got mine too. I guess it's nice so you don't HAVE to call On-Star (or if you're as clumsy as I am and will wind up locking your keys AND your cell phone in the car in the most desolate place you can possibly find...it'll happen...I know it...).
I heard you can get in by taking out the side window, too...

:leaving:

#20 ·

Got mine Saturday. Glad I still lived here. :)

#21 ·
About a month ago, a few of us were bored at work, so I called OnStar and asked them to unlock my doors. The first problem was that someone keyed my phone number incorrectly when I was added to the database so it took them a while to find my account. After that was all done, it still took about 15 minutes before the doors unlocked. I think I'll carry the key.

#23 · (Edited)
The little key and the WARNING

2nd attempt at this post. don't know where the first one went.

Got my little spare key.
On the bavk it says:

WARNING: If your vehicle is equipped with a Saturn Security System, see Owners Handbook for starting procedure.

For Emergency Use Only, Not For Prolonged Use.

1. I thought we all had a security system.
2. Can't find anything in the Owners Handbook.

3. DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA WHAT THIS MEANS???

#25 ·
Some info...

Was at my dealership today and stopped by the parts dept where I previously spoke with the parts guy re: SKY diecast. He had no info to share, and was surprised when I told him about the Saturn Collection catalog and the reference to a 1:24 diecast & r/c models. He could find nothing in any of his books, recently received mail, or online. So he called the # he had to the company that licenses all the Saturn stuff and this is what he was told (paraphrasing here):

Saturn/GM had commissioned a toy company a license to produce SKY toy models and make them available before the holiday shopping season; but for some reason, Saturn/GM issued a hold on the license agreement and now it looks like they'll may be released during the January/February timeframe. And it is likely to be either the diecast OR the remote control car, not both. Also, there was a pewter SKY model commissioned, along with a pewter AURA, that served as part of the 15 year anniversary desk set/gift to employees with Saturn from day 1 (the Parts Mgr had one visible on his desk). The SKY was commissioned alone and orders were taken, but Saturn/GM quickly put a stop to it for some unknown reason (and she wasn't sure if they were evne shipped out).

He went on to say after the call that all AURA-related items are on hold too, as Saturn/GM is not issuing any licenses at this time. I got my hands on an AURA t-shirt given out by Saturn Corp, so I guess if they authorize it for use of their own, then it's okay. But no other companies are getting licenses at this time - AURA or SKY. :mad:

#26 ·
Also, there was a pewter SKY model commissioned, along with a pewter AURA, that served as part of the 15 year anniversary desk set/gift to employees with Saturn from day 1 (the Parts Mgr had one visible on his desk). The SKY was commissioned alone and orders were taken, but Saturn/GM quickly put a stop to it for some unknown reason (and she wasn't sure if they were even shipped out).
The pewter SKY was available online for about a month and was supposed to be a limited time & production thing. Orders had to be placed by 11/10 (it said 2007- typo?) and were supposed to ship in early-mid December. My boss ordered one on the 7th for my birthday and called someone (I have no idea who- she said "the lady") about it who told her that there were delays and it probably would arrive in January.

For those who haven't seen it, the link in this thread remains active, but I have no idea if you can still place an order. It no longer shows up when browsing the site.

He went on to say after the call that all AURA-related items are on hold too, as Saturn/GM is not issuing any licenses at this time. I got my hands on an AURA t-shirt given out by Saturn Corp, so I guess if they authorize it for use of their own, then it's okay. But no other companies are getting licenses at this time - AURA or SKY. :mad:
Didn't Robert from Wind Restrictor just get a license to use Sky logos on his license plates, WRs, and frames? Maybe they just bagged the company that your parts manager called. If I miraculously find myself with some extra time on my hands tomorrow, I'll see if I can manage a call to the Saturn 800 number and ask what's up with the die-cast and R/C cars.

#27 ·
I did get a small wallet key, like my other Saturns have, But I don't see the point in carry a key that just opens the door. I do carry a real key in my wallet, its thicker then the "Door unlock only key", but it does start the car.
Humm A car without a inside door lock/unlock switch, and a key that only opens the door. hummmmmmmmmmmmm

#28 ·
Maybe they just bagged the company that your parts manager called.
I had to look online for the name the parts guy mentioned - it was American Identity, the company that issued the catalog and online site for Saturn Collection.

#31 ·
Hey When you find out about the 1/24 sky car let me know. also how do i find out when my sky was made. I saw you up at Saturn of Arlington

Thanks Vic
Inside the drivers door is a manufactor date..Skip..:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.