Saturn Sky Forum banner

Selling My Sky in Houston (2 weeks wait)

3K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  SKYtime 
#1 ·
I just got news from my salesman that my Silver leather Sky has just been built. Placed my order less than 2 months ago....
I am really hesitating on getting it or not now..... 4 bangers are really giving me doubts...
I've seen ppl offer the dealers 5K on top of MSRP for ppls spots..... so I thought I might try something similar...
My Sky is to be loaded on a train and here in about 2 weeks or so....
anyone interested in taking it off my hand? Of course I won't be asking 5K on top of MSRP like the dealers claim some ppl are offering..... but business is business... and I wouldn't mind making something on top...

#4 ·
Why not just walk away from it? Iffen you have not taken delivery of the auto then why go through all the hassle of selling it. Unless you want to actually take delivery and hope that you get your asking price. Skip....confused .....

#7 ·
:agree:
cerberus said:
Yup. Matter of degrees as always,
but, heaven forbid a dealer should do the same thing.
We'll pound them. But an individual burning an allocation for personal gain is ok?
I'm not abandoning the Cult of Saturn by any means, but would find a double standard here worse.

#8 ·
AnhCung said:
I just got news from my salesman that my Silver leather Sky has just been built. Placed my order less than 2 months ago....
I am really hesitating on getting it or not now..... 4 bangers are really giving me doubts...
I've seen ppl offer the dealers 5K on top of MSRP for ppls spots..... so I thought I might try something similar...
My Sky is to be loaded on a train and here in about 2 weeks or so....
anyone interested in taking it off my hand? Of course I won't be asking 5K on top of MSRP like the dealers claim some ppl are offering..... but business is business... and I wouldn't mind making something on top...
I think you are talking to the wrong folks buddy. This forum is comprised of people who dont appreciate paying over MSRP. People like you are the reason dealers have buy back agreements. :nono:

#10 ·
I've now had 2 people offer to buy my Sky at about $2k over what I bought it for, but even though it is very tempting, I am just not ready to make that kind of change. I love this car too much! By the way, both people were on the Saturn list to buy one late this year. Now if someone would give me $3k over, I might just do it so I can buy the RL...;-)

#14 ·
I hope none of y'all coming down on Anhcung own any stocks. It would just be greedy to sell them for more than you paid for them. Also, If you plan to sell your house, don't use the current market value, sell it for what you paid for it. And, when you fill out your tax forms next year, just take the standard deduction, otherwise you are just being greedy.

#15 ·
This post has the potential to become a problem post. Please remember that even if you don't agree with the other members opinions we should all be polite! That freedom of speech thing...yada yada yada...

#16 ·
If you had "bought" the car, drove it awhile and really didn't like it, that's one thing. I mean, that's bound to happen to maybe a few folks. In that case... the dealership would even "take it back".

To have not taken delivery and to start soliciting buyers... well, that's bound to stir up a fuss for those who are patiently waiting for their own. I'm SURE the dealer would also like you to just say "No sir, I don't like it", so they can offer it to other people who have put their name on the waiting list AT THAT DEALERSHIP. The dealer still has the option of customizing this car to suit the next buyer, versus the "as-is" deal you are offering.

Even with the clear profit motive laid out on the table (and upping the price because you can appeal to the *desire factor* this car elicits), I feel that this group is probably not the best place to make your appeal.

I'm just speaking for myself here, but I'd personally not consider buying it unless it came from a dealer at this point. (Yes, I own stock, but I am also not a greed Buy/Sell person)

#18 ·
so let me get this straight....
a dealer can buy and sell cars at a higher price.... and it's acceptable... an individual does it... and it's a no no??
come on folks... life is one big business transaction...... there's nothin wrong with me buying and selling something for profit.. it's all about supply and demand....

my intentions never was to buy and sell off the Sky.. i was excited about this car the minute i saw a snapshot of it online... so i went to get one... readin all the entries on here.. of course majority of them will be positive feedbacks... but i ventured off onto other Saturn sites.. and behold... it was like a pandora's box opening.... the complaints about the quality and service of Saturn outweigh the goods...
believe it or not.. a 30K investment is STILL a 30K investment.... no one in their right mind would invest that much into something they just "like"....

#20 ·
Since this thread has long been "derailed," the issue is not that dealers can do it but you can't.... The point was that we complain about dealers doing it and you are doing it too. That was the irony.

That's all..... Hope you sell your car to the highest bidder (to bring the thread back on point).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.