Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum - View Single Post - Selling My Sky in Houston (2 weeks wait)
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 11:57 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member
BlueStone's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you had "bought" the car, drove it awhile and really didn't like it, that's one thing. I mean, that's bound to happen to maybe a few folks. In that case... the dealership would even "take it back".

To have not taken delivery and to start soliciting buyers... well, that's bound to stir up a fuss for those who are patiently waiting for their own. I'm SURE the dealer would also like you to just say "No sir, I don't like it", so they can offer it to other people who have put their name on the waiting list AT THAT DEALERSHIP. The dealer still has the option of customizing this car to suit the next buyer, versus the "as-is" deal you are offering.

Even with the clear profit motive laid out on the table (and upping the price because you can appeal to the *desire factor* this car elicits), I feel that this group is probably not the best place to make your appeal.

I'm just speaking for myself here, but I'd personally not consider buying it unless it came from a dealer at this point. (Yes, I own stock, but I am also not a greed Buy/Sell person)
BlueStone is offline  
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome