View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2015, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
SARBlade

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Thread Discussions

Lately I have noticed that when a new topic is discussed, it doesn't take too may posts before someone chirps in with a sarcastic remark, or stating the topic is dumb (I did, was remanded (MM never is)), or someone comments with disdain. Someone takes offense and the bun tossing begins.

I see solutions to cleaning up this behavior with a two pronged solution.

Firstly, the members have to patrol themselves. The OP has to first consider the relevance of his topic by first conducting a search, if you can't find what you're looking for, then ask. BTW, Google is you're friend since this site's search engine sucks! Responders have to state fact first, heresy becomes fodder for those waiting for it. If no fact, then perhaps IMHO can work. Those that respond to someone's post keep it to fact, no attack on the helper or messenger, be nice with the correction if required. This latter advise is directed to those that have been here a long time and feel the need to squish an insect. If this is the case, move along or go outside and squish one, let it go, whatever. Needless to say think before typing.

Secondly, the moderators need to take a more positive role in a thread's content. If it looks like it will become emotionally charged, lock it! I mean by taking a more positive control, the membership will be better policed. I know its not a Nazi state, but this site is really getting out of hand with arguments in new threads. One only needs to look at the past months activity and see how many threads turn into bun fights. Usually its the same people. A trend does develop. I have been on the sister Solstice site and its way more politer. Perhaps its the shape of the car, curvier means less obtuse!

Anyway, this is how I feel lately, I was not sure where to post this so opted for here in site feedback, because that's what it is. I did do a search of the site regarding this issue. One of the only things I found was a post by SKYRoadster in 2005, and it was locked!

Quote:
Personal attacks are absolutely not allowed. Even if you believe another member is a troll or a jerk or whatever, do not make personal attacks.

That means no name calling, no posting pictures or links that are hostile, no hateful posts, no posting of personal information, etc. Personal attacks cannot be tolerated.

Comments need to be kept civil or they will be deleted and posting privileges will be jeopardized.

The Forum should be a fun and friendly place to hang out and not a hostile environment. Civility to fellow Forum members is always appropriate.
Cheers

2008 Sky Redline
Tarnished Silver Metallic
Trifecta Tuned
10mm 6061T Tunnel Brace
Eyelids
Seat Heaters
Universal Garage Remote

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome