Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum - View Single Post - Cat Converter Warr. Extended on some 07' 2.4L SKYs...
View Single Post
post #34 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 11:07 PM
44thSKY

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 44thSKY
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
Too bad. I heard it was a terrific event. I always wanted my Vin# to be under 1000 but alas, it was not meant to be. And I ordered my car Jan 2, 2006. The first day it came on the market...but I believe u could have pre-ordered it at the auto shows. Cannot recall.
Some background I've learned on my SKY's VIN being so low. The car was originally used by A GM executive and then put into the GM PEP program. Just recently I learned the meaning of the GM PEP program from a former GM employee. As I understood his explanation, the executive drives the car for approximately 3,000 miles then the car goes into the PEP program. In the PEP program, at least in this occasion, an employee purchased the car and continued to drive the car until some 8,600 miles was reached and then sold it to the second registered owner, from whom I purchased the car in Arizona with 20,000 miles. From a FAX cover sheet in the vehicle, I was able to identify and make contact with that GM PEP owner.

I feel fortunate to have such a low VIN # vehicle, and to date have not heard of any of the first 100 car's whereabouts. To my knowledge, this website has never produced any of these owners either. Even though my SKY's vanity plate says; 44THSKY ..... I don't think a lot of people 'get it'.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome