• 1 Post By Rusty Boltz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
New member from CT

Hey everyone,
Had some issues posting due to a website cookies tracking logged instate but finally got it fixed with helps from the admins. Ive been a lurker on and off the forums for about 3 years since I got my 2008 sky in march 2016. Been on and off about selling it seeing as its been a second car that isnt driver as much and just sits in winter covered but finally decided to stick with her from here on out come what may thus leading me to finally join and be productive on these forums as well as the cx-3 one. Theres just no replacement for a tuned turbo car with manual shifting haha.

I also want to send my thanks to everyone on these forums for all of the past previous posts which has helped me discover various tunes available, how to dismantle random parts and panels, and even the annoying check engine light code which somehow unknowingly is due to the camshaft intake and exhaust position actuator sensors. I look forward to finding more ideas for mods and possibly helping others with questions I might know.

Modification wise I try to keep it looking as close to original without being too flashy. Current mods done since buying the car stock:
-trifecta budget tune
-ddm intake
-ddm 'armrest'
-pillar guage pods/holder
-prosport boost guage (forever hoping I never have a boost leak)
-joying 8" android tablet headunit
-hid 6000k lowbeams
-stainless steel braided brake lines
-upgraded brakes+rotors
-245/50 18 tires for extra sidewall cushion since roads are terrible here
- ..and a ton of random maintenance, fluid swaps, and repairs since gm parts keep failing/breaking on me

I'll have to start taking pictures soon and transfer photos from my old phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190420_113356.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	104925   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190328_135752.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	333.8 KB
ID:	104927   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190402_134728.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	356.5 KB
ID:	104929  
a280z likes this.

2008 Saturn Sky Redline - Silver
2016 Mazda CX-3 GT- Crystal White Pearl Mica

Last edited by SlyCoopers; 04-23-2019 at 05:58 PM.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Garage
welcome to the forum.
SlyCoopers likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Welcome Slycoopers to our family of car nuts. Yes there is a lot of information on this forum so stay tuned. Good lock with your ride, looks great.

"The Sky's The Limit"

SlyCoopers likes this.

(Ghost-Sky)
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the club. Lurker to full on forum member. Better late than never I always say.

Car looks good from your photos posted. We do like photos of our gem when possible.

Modifications done: Most of what you have done so far are inconspicuous to the naked eye or untrained observer.
Under the hood: No one will know what you have done to the stock OEM set up, unless you open your hood at a car show/meet.
The Interior: Dead give away, with 8'' head unit, pillar pod, boost gauge, arm rest.
Under carriage: Brakes sight unseen until you need to them. Money well spent here. Bout to do mine this June/July.
Exterior: Hid lights and tires. Again improvements to OEM parts.

Other related items: This forum can help with ..and a ton of random maintenance, fluid swaps, and repairs. It's what we do. At least your taking care of it.
Now on the other hand... since gm parts keep failing/breaking on me. Can't help you there partner.. we are all in the same boat on this one.

Another forum member with a smile across his face...sounds familiar.

LAC
SlyCoopers likes this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks everyone,

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC Sky View Post
Welcome to the club. Lurker to full on forum member. Better late than never I always say.

Car looks good from your photos posted. We do like photos of our gem when possible.

Modifications done: Most of what you have done so far are inconspicuous to the naked eye or untrained observer.
Under the hood: No one will know what you have done to the stock OEM set up, unless you open your hood at a car show/meet.
The Interior: Dead give away, with 8'' head unit, pillar pod, boost gauge, arm rest.
Under carriage: Brakes sight unseen until you need to them. Money well spent here. Bout to do mine this June/July.
Exterior: Hid lights and tires. Again improvements to OEM parts.

Other related items: This forum can help with ..and a ton of random maintenance, fluid swaps, and repairs. It's what we do. At least your taking care of it.
Now on the other hand... since gm parts keep failing/breaking on me. Can't help you there partner.. we are all in the same boat on this one.

Another forum member with a smile across his face...sounds familiar.

LAC
Thanks
My most recent issue(s) with our lovely gm parts was the power mirrors not working. Not sure if it was fuse/wiring/motor/actual unit itself etc. After checking and almost replacing everything, it turns out to be the actual button/switch controls on the door panel which was the last thing I would ever expect to go. In the process of removing the door panel, the plastic welds (still dont know why this is a thing) on the door panel 'leatherette' trim which were noticeably broken from first owner, broke even more to the point I had to jb weld it and fill the slight gap visible from the drivers seat with black silicone adhesive. Probably not the best way to go about it but looks authentic and oem again haha.

2008 Saturn Sky Redline - Silver
2016 Mazda CX-3 GT- Crystal White Pearl Mica
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the forum.
SlyCoopers likes this.

07 Sky
2.4L NA
5 speed
Limited slip differential
Chrome wheels
Premium trim package
Monsoon audio
AM/FM/XM/CD changer
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Garage
it turns out to be the actual button/switch controls on the door panel which was the last thing I would ever expect to go.

OR.. the first. Salvage yard, to sleeze bay err E-Bay, online parts or on occasion an owner here will sell parts like this one.

Electric or Mechanical metal, plastic, rubber they all go bad at some point. Wear and tear from the first owner...to your recent usage. Sh*t happens.

Cheap I think is the word. Now the cost of this replacement switch varies. An OEM factory part would be cheap again depending on your budget?
Online replacement maybe cheaper still... but it could be worse not in price but in quality? It has been known to happen. Buyer beware. So they say..

Had this been let's say a MB part, one window switch replacement... it's German it will never break, replaced by one of our factory trained techs at a mere cost of thousands to your checkbook/credit card taking a paltry 3 hours or more of your time,
or.. you could try to do it yourself approach, F it up even more, which will cost you the consumer here boat loads to fix by
.. our factory trained tech.

Hell if you can find a good deal on a replacement switch, buy two. Replace them both if.. your feeling that adventurous?
Keep an old spare just in case a new OEM part/online replacement screws up later or right out the box. It has been known to happen... just sayin.

Less trips to the parts store, or online purchases to fix the damn window switch on this thing...
All I wanted to do.. is drop the top go for a ride.
Now I have to take the door apart to fix the window switch again... hate it when that happens.

LAC

Last edited by LAC Sky; 04-25-2019 at 12:11 PM.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > New Member Section

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in