User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Thank You from New Member

I acquired a 2007 Sky Red Line two weeks ago and I love it so far.

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this forum for helping me with my research. I learned what to look for and what to expect from the car. So, for example, the 4 inch crack at the bottom of the right fender was not a big surprise or cause for any anxiety; just part of the price negotiation. The Carfax didn't show any evidence of the water pump having been replaced and the mileage was just north of 58,000, so I expected I would run into this repair at some point soon. What I didn't expect was for it to dump a half gallon of coolant onto my driveway after I made the 125 mile drive home. Fortunately, the dealer I bought it from stepped up and dealt with it for me.

The only other flaws I've discovered so far include a missing piece from the passenger side outer air vent (since repaired with an ebay part), missing (driver side) and buckled (passenger side) "Saturn" aluminum sill plate inserts, and a puncture in the windshield weatherstrip on the driver side where the alignment pin for the top was apparently poked through it (no water leaks there though). The car was obviously well cared for.

There's one small mystery remaining. Both the build sheet the dealer got for me (build date 08/15/2006) and the sticker in the glove box list RPO AF2 - Power Driver Seat Height Adjustment, but I can't find the switch for it. Since the leather seats are in really good condition, I suppose it's possible one or both were replaced at some point. Or maybe they just didn't put the power adjuster in when it was built.

In any case, I'm really happy I bought it. Thanks again for all the help.

Dexter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
I acquired a 2007 Sky Red Line two weeks ago and I love it so far.

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this forum for helping me with my research. I learned what to look for and what to expect from the car. So, for example, the 4 inch crack at the bottom of the right fender was not a big surprise or cause for any anxiety; just part of the price negotiation. The Carfax didn't show any evidence of the water pump having been replaced and the mileage was just north of 58,000, so I expected I would run into this repair at some point soon. What I didn't expect was for it to dump a half gallon of coolant onto my driveway after I made the 125 mile drive home. Fortunately, the dealer I bought it from stepped up and dealt with it for me.

The only other flaws I've discovered so far include a missing piece from the passenger side outer air vent (since repaired with an ebay part), missing (driver side) and buckled (passenger side) "Saturn" aluminum sill plate inserts, and a puncture in the windshield weatherstrip on the driver side where the alignment pin for the top was apparently poked through it (no water leaks there though). The car was obviously well cared for.

There's one small mystery remaining. Both the build sheet the dealer got for me (build date 08/15/2006) and the sticker in the glove box list RPO AF2 - Power Driver Seat Height Adjustment, but I can't find the switch for it. Since the leather seats are in really good condition, I suppose it's possible one or both were replaced at some point. Or maybe they just didn't put the power adjuster in when it was built.

In any case, I'm really happy I bought it. Thanks again for all the help.

Dexter
The switch should be on the lower part of the seat in the front not side of the seat,sorry don't remember the exact location as I never adjust mine. Ok just went to check if you'er sitting in the seat it will be on the left side of the front lat the bottom of the seat.Hope this helps.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Just a quick heads up incase you run into the same thing as I did. My power seat height adjuster is either very weak or maybe it was intended as such from the factory but if you dont feel it moving up, step out of the seat and then try to raise it. Once its up it stays but for some reason it doesnt want to go up with me on it even though Im only 165lbs :/

2008 Saturn Sky Redline - Silver
2016 Mazda CX-3 GT- Crystal White Pearl Mica
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyCoopers View Post
Just a quick heads up incase you run into the same thing as I did. My power seat height adjuster is either very weak or maybe it was intended as such from the factory but if you dont feel it moving up, step out of the seat and then try to raise it. Once its up it stays but for some reason it doesnt want to go up with me on it even though Im only 165lbs :/
It is possible, likely even, that the lift mechanism in yours needs to be cleaned and lubricated. Mine has no problem raising the seat with me in it.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 07:54 PM

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyCoopers View Post
Same issue. Seat will not go up when sitting it it but works fine if I step out.

2007 Silver/Red Sky Redline
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 09:44 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff View Post
Same issue. Seat will not go up when sitting it it but works fine if I step out.
Ditto for me. But I'm 190!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjohn2018 View Post
Ditto for me. But I'm 190!
Mine also works well with me in it and I'm a svelte 220....

Terry

2008 Midnight Blue Saturn Sky
2.4L, DDM Short Shifter, 18" Chrome Wheels, Limited Slip Differential, Sirius Radio/Onstar, Power Seat,
Spoiler, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Kenwood Stereo, Leather, Windrestrictor, Opel GT Antenna
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks, but I still can't find it. Am I going blind? Photos of driver seat side and left front corner below, plus RPO Sticker:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190527_111639.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	748.2 KB
ID:	105247   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190527_213732.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	906.9 KB
ID:	105249   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190527_101446.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	348.4 KB
ID:	105251  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 01:09 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Garage
Apparently your seat has been swapped out, it's definitely not where it should be.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 01:17 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
Thanks, but I still can't find it. Am I going blind? Photos of driver seat side and left front corner below, plus RPO Sticker:
It appears to be missing.

Dave -
2006 Solstice NA #000741
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 01:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Well, that would explain why the seat is in such great condition considering the car's age. I can live with the driving position as-is just fine.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 01:37 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Should be here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2251 (Medium).JPG
Views:	22
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	105253  

2008 Red Line
D30 Override red on red
Three pedals
Monsoon stereo w/ USB input
Custom lighted Windrestrictor
K04 Big Wheel Turbo
Solo Street Race exhaust
Norm's custom rear facia
Ordered: 6/23/07
Born: 7/16/07
Del: 8/24/07
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 03:11 AM

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 835 Post(s)
Garage
I am in the 210 area and it lifts me just fine. But I do have a broken one, that I need to fix for the other half. The weld broke it appears. It will not lift with that break and it does not make any noise. I would imagine if you pulled the seat out, the wiring for the switch is there. You could mount one in the console area if you really needed the adjustment for two separate drivers. three way small toggle switch would work I think. Once I am done with the Ugly Rock I may have an extra switch.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Garage
Congrats on your new toy purchase. Yes our community here will help with any question a new to the Kappa owner might have here.
Many subjects, many problems our owners have had with our gem, answers and solutions can be found in the forum and can be searched for here.

The WP and it's replacement. Good thing too for you that the dealer stepped in here.
Expensive to replace. Now that is out of the way at the current mileage should ease some of your concerns going forward.

The 4 inch crack on the quarter panel, can be repaired by any good body shop. Check both panels for repair here.
You just know the second you have the first one done,... the other one will break 2 weeks later.
Murphy's Law.. never fails, even if our body panels do.

Missing vent and sill plates, minor in the BIG picture of things.

However the windshield surround gasket #______ & $$$.... might be a concern going forward here?
That part can be a tough find, IF any are still available?
Lucky for you there are no leaks for now, but keep an eye on it. Water proof all gaskets, seals, weather strips
with die-electric grease. I just finished doing mine... before the summer thunder storms get under way.
Wet carpet, water intrusion into the interior is not a good thing on a Vert, just sayin.

The driver's seat height adjustment switch or lack there of. It might have been an option delete by the original owner,
the seats could have been replaced at some point before you bought it?
The electrics & mechanism for this switch could still be there under the current seat?
IF so.. a good shop might be able to add this switch to your current seat,
if so desired later depending if the electrics/mechanics are still there and on their price for installation?

The question remains is why the seats were replaced in the interior in the first place? Flood damage not reported?

LAC

Last edited by LAC Sky; 05-28-2019 at 09:07 AM.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC Sky View Post
However the windshield surround gasket #______ & $$$.... might be a concern going forward here?
LAC
I need my windshield replaced. Currently no problems with seal but is this an issue when replacing windshield?

2007 Silver/Red Sky Redline

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > New Member Section

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in