7 fun, stylish convertibles for a great ride - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Roadster/Small RWD Market/Other Vehicle General Discussion Discussion about owning, loving, lusting, or coveting roadsters and other small RWD'rs and "other" general vehicle discussion. Competitive vehicles, other "cool drives" and other discussion related to the ownership experience.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
7 fun, stylish convertibles for a great ride

7 Fun, Stylish Convertibles For A Great Ride | Bankrate.com
Which one would you pick? I see the one I want..
Also, funny, there are many others that did NOT make this list..

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. Abraham Lincoln

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Garage
Saw this MB, and it got me to thinking the author was nuts. Fun cars. Stylish cars. Great ride. Made me laugh. Let me review the choices here and we know where we stand in all of this, since Saturn and Pontiac are no more.

#1 R8 v10 $ 164,000 525 HP Fun? Better be for that price. Stylish, I guess if like the looks of it. Need's updated, been around for awhile now. Of coarse it's going to be a great ride. 3.6 sec 0-60, 193 top speed duh?

#2 M6 TT V8 $ 117,000 560 HP Not bad so long as both turbo don't need fixing,( by BMW) expensive sh*t to get 0-60 4.3 sec with a limited top speed.

#3 Vette Stingray V8 $ 61,000 455 HP 0-60 3.8 sec 155 top speed but not limited too.
The hot babe at the party, that's drunk, and want's to go home with you. What's not to like. Price is great for what you get, not the best HP output but workable. Also it's NA. Quick affordable stylish and fun is where you make it. Step on the gas pedal.

#4 Q60 V6 $ 62,000 343 HP no listed 0-60 times or top speed. V6 power less HP than the others, NA? 3 way power top, bet that's a bitch to fix $$$ heavy too. Meh.

#5 Jag F-Type S model $ 92,000 495 HP 0-60 4.2 sec top speed 186. Not bad. I like the new Jag. Replacement for the E-type. Quick. Sexy. Supercharged to get those times and speed. Heavy car. Holds it's value... wait and see? I would consider it, but not for that price. That's dollars not euro's for you.

#6 MB SLS AMG GT $ 208,000 583HP 0-60 3.6 sec top speed 197. I can see the red and blue lights now, if they can catch this thing. Long name for a car. Let's add some more to it. ABCDEF.... For that price I could buy others and build garage for it, pave a new driveway to it, pay off the insurance for a year, and still have something left over. Make's me want to run right down to the dealers and order one now. NOT. Wait until you get the repair bill on one of those, I see your not smiling anymore.

# 7 Porsche Boxster S Flat 6 $ 62,000 315 HP 0-60 5.1 sec top speed 173. Not that 5 sec is slow, but there is faster stuff out there for that $$$. True sport cruiser. Reliable proven and best of all it's German, what could go wrong. For those who can't afford a faster Porsche.

Now with other drop tops out there, you could choose from, what would be your choice? Cobra? Viper? Hemi Cuda? What no Ferrari ? Babe attractor. How could the author left that one out? Price is the name of the game here. If money was no object in the real world. I just won the lotto, and have a hole burning in my pocket kind of thing. Style is what you make of it. Fun is where you find it or make it. Speed, quick 0-60 time, top speed, depends on how big your balls are, anything can be made to go quicker, just pour money at it, that will make it go quicker. Been down that road before. Everyone of us will pick something for different reason's, because of your style, your fun and your great ride. If I had to choose, from these choices The Vette cause it's Merrican. Maybe the Jag. Like others too, but my SKY is just fine for the style it has, the fun I get out of it every time I fire it up, and it's always a great ride. Cheers!

LAC

Last edited by LAC Sky; 07-10-2014 at 12:05 PM.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars > Roadster/Small RWD Market/Other Vehicle General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in